Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betrayal, Murder, and conspiracy: Who killed Aditya Karikalan?

Go down

Betrayal, Murder, and conspiracy: Who killed Aditya Karikalan?  Empty Betrayal, Murder, and conspiracy: Who killed Aditya Karikalan?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:10 pm

I am giving the link to a fine article on the succession conflicts involving the Cholas. It describes a 1000 year murder mystery: Who killed Raja Raja's brother Aditya Karikalan? To this day, nobody knows for sure.

Based on my reading, and my knowledge of history, this is my assessment: Both Raja Raja and also Uttama Chola did not get along with Aditya Karikalan . And therefore these two jointly plotted Aditya's murder with the understanding that Uttama will become the next king, after which kingship will pass on to Raja Raja. To know what i am talking about, read the article for yourself:

http://www.offprint.in/article/552/

---

Back to top Go down

Betrayal, Murder, and conspiracy: Who killed Aditya Karikalan?  Empty Re: Betrayal, Murder, and conspiracy: Who killed Aditya Karikalan?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:26 pm

i have one other theory to offer: Given the fact that there is some evidence to suggest that Raja Raja died an unnatural death, could it be that he was murdered by his son Rajendra Chola? They had been co-rulers for two years before Raja Raja's death and it is quite possible that there was some clash between the two after which Rajendra plotted Raja Raja's demise.

Back to top Go down