Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eminent intellectual A G Noorani exposes RSS flunkeys like Some Profile

Go down

Eminent intellectual A G Noorani exposes RSS flunkeys like Some Profile Empty Eminent intellectual A G Noorani exposes RSS flunkeys like Some Profile

Post by Guest Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:04 pm

There is enough historical evidence to nail the RSS’ lie that Nathuram Godse was not a member of that organisation when he assassinated Mahatma Gandhi in 1948. By A.G. NOORANI

ON Saturday, September 10, I was invited to lunch at a dear friend’s home. Present were his sister and brother-in-law. On seeing me she told me, in disbelief and mild shock, that some flunkey of the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) had claimed on the TV that I had apologised for asserting that the RSS had killed Gandhi. I was, momentarily, taken aback. I had never tendered any apology to this disreputable and utterly despicable body, orally or in writing. Indeed, no person of any intelligence would make such an assertion either, however deep his loathing for the RSS—like this writer’s. The reason is simple. Whether it is a registered society or a company, it is still an organisation and acts, necessarily, through its members or officials.

To deny that the RSS killed Gandhi is, therefore, to raise an Aunt Sully for the sheer pleasure of knocking her down. No one alleges that any such resolution was passed by the RSS’ Kendriya Karyakari Mandal at a meeting in its cavern in Nagpur, or that Godse had acted on its behalf. What is alleged is that he was a member of the RSS and shared its ideas. What is relevant is that he fully shared his organisation’s outlook on hate and violence and this is what drove him to commit that ghastly crime. The RSS cannot escape blame, as Vallabhbhai Patel pointed out to Syama Prasad Mookerjee. An organisation whose member commits a crime incurs odium. What could be the fons et origo, the origin, of the slander? My mind went back to an unfortunate episode 15 years ago when I wrote a weekly column from 1992 to 2000 for The Statesman, which was edited by a dear friend, Cushrow R. Irani, who had bravely stood up to Indira Gandhi’s authoritarian regime during the Emergency. He was generous; be it in regard to space or content.

http://www.frontline.in/the-nation/rss-gandhis-murder/article9153512.ece

Back to top Go down