Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before us, Many famous hv been born n forgotten.

Go down

Before us, Many famous hv been born n forgotten. Empty Before us, Many famous hv been born n forgotten.

Post by TruthSeeker Tue May 02, 2017 11:10 pm

Before us, Many famous hv been born n forgotten.

Kings n Queens. Discoverers, and Scientists. Inventors, and Explorers.

With fame. Many in our school books.

But forgotten.

I do not know, or care about my great great grandparents.

A generation, or two, down the road....

Who cares who I am, or you are?

Then why are we?

Who are we?

Our purpose on this planet MUST be with this life, while we are alive.

Not before us, not after this life.

I am inclined to believe that my purpose is to visit this planet (travel) as much as I can, before I leave.

randomly focused goals, and gnite,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Before us, Many famous hv been born n forgotten. Empty Re: Before us, Many famous hv been born n forgotten.

Post by Guest Wed May 03, 2017 5:34 pm

my ex husband is zero in philosophy... but he went through a phase when he wanted to do other things more than, say being a husband and a dad. what did i do? i made sure he was out of my house, doing just what he wanted... cut 6 years, and where is he now? well, he is no longer a husband, but he is a dedicated dad who argues with me how many slices of turkey and ham i should put in my son's lunch, and whether mayo is healthy or not. 

point is... if you think you are not cut to be a parent, or you want to do more adhyatmic stuff, then just do it. most likely, you will want to return to domesticity. and if you don't, good going for your wife and kids. Better to not have you around, than to have you half-heartedly.

Back to top Go down

Before us, Many famous hv been born n forgotten. Empty Re: Before us, Many famous hv been born n forgotten.

Post by TruthSeeker Wed May 03, 2017 7:33 pm

I am no one get into your personal life.

As for me - I am still to find a better father than me.

Here is what happened when my wife and daughter visited me to FL. Me being a frequent flier, had 2 first class seats, and one economy. My wife and daughter occupied 1st class seats, and I went back.

As the plane was abut to take off:

She: (at the top of her lungs, crying out loud): DADDYYYYYYYY!!!!!
Me: (had to get up, and reached her): Its ok, I am in the same flight. Sitting right behind you!
She: NOOOO! You sit with me. Let mommy go back!
Me: No beta, its ok. Its just a matter of few mins.
She (shouting and crying now).

The air hostess intervenes: Sir, we need to take off now. You may sit here, but before that I have to ask you - how old is she?
Me: Well, she needs her own seat. 
She: Sir, I ask you again, how old is she?
Me: She is 3.
She (now looking at my wife): How old is she?
My wife: she is under 2.
She (smiles, and leaves my daughter in my arms).

The plane takes off.

Obviously, this was a long time ago. But I am still the center of attraction for all kids. My issue is not with parenting, or domestication, but I seek higher - even with them.

Anyways, 
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 03, 2017 7:41 pm

reading up your past posts, i don't think you consider yourself an adequate father... my apologies if i misread. 

to think of it, complain kar kar ke kaam kiya to kya kiya.

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed May 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Hmm. People who prematurely judge others esp. in negative terms as inadequate father et all, are somewhere expressing their "own" misgivings in life.

I do not claim to be the best father. But I do claim to not have found a better one than me :-)

Anyways, life is not words. We parents know it.

What you think of as "complaining" is different in my mindset. I am not complaining when I seek what my purpose is. 

Let it be,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 03, 2017 9:51 pm

When you post (in another thread), something like I have copied below in quotes, how is one supposed to interpret it? How would you interpret it if you read someone post this frustration week after week? Thats what I mean when I said if you wanna break away, then go ahead and do that. 

Also, the moment you claim that you are yet to find a better father than yourself, then probably you yourself are judging or rating other parents too soon, no?

I don't know how to rate myself as a mother, especially compared to others, but I am always always learning watching others. Always changing or bettering my approach. Always trying to be alert. I think most parents are like that. I'm yet to meet a parent who can confidently brag that they are better than others. New parents normally tend to do that if their first child turns out to be exceptional. But almost always the second one makes them humble.

Ciao.

Grihastha Ashram was never meant for me.

Too restricting, has fkked up my life.

Feel like in chains.

Want to break away.

I have ONE life.

Cannot waste it.

random thoughts,
TS.

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed May 03, 2017 9:57 pm

I could tell that you are focused on that post. I have replied to myself there.

Please realize that i sometimes post stuff in a way, to make myself learn from responses. So I must thank you for your time today.

I do not see these websites merely as a place to express myself. 

If you must know, as a responsible father - to leave your family is highly irresponsible like Buddha did. Mahatma Gandhi became father of the nation, but could not raise his own children responsibly.

Hence my Q's. Which have been there for decades.

Anyways, G'nite for now,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down