Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This one goes out to the one I love

2 posters

Go down

This one goes out to the one I love Empty This one goes out to the one I love

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:28 am

http://www.divinecaroline.com/22318/63893-eight-commonly-misinterpreted-songs/2

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

This one goes out to the one I love Empty Re: This one goes out to the one I love

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:45 am

Among the songs, had realized myself later that 'every breath you take' was a stalker's anthem.

hahaha @

7. “The One I Love,” R.E.M.
It sounds like the perfect song for a radio dedication when Michael Stipe sings, “This one goes out to the one I love.” Oh, except until he gets to the line about the one he loves being “a simple prop to occupy my time.” Ouch! This song hardly inspires romantic feelings; actually, it makes Stipe seem like kind of a jerk. He’s basically saying the one he “loves” is nothing more than a waste of his time that he’s abandoned. Not exactly an uplifting declaration of true love, but people seem to focus on that first line before listening to the rest of the song, hence the constant misinterpretation.

Back to top Go down

This one goes out to the one I love Empty Re: This one goes out to the one I love

Post by Maria S Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:24 am

Angel!

First things first..I am so impressed you visit a site like divinecaroline.com:) Didn't think Hellsangels are attracted to it:) It has some good stuff from time to time!

Nice song..my fav. R.E.M song is "losing my religion".. as listed in the article, which is often misinterpreted.

This song also has many interesting interpretations..the original was performed by the late Keith Whitley..and now Allison Krauss as made it more famous.. think it kind of reminds me of some people too Smile .."When you say nothing at all" ..
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down