Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H-M synthesis: Bittersweet love story of a Hindu man and a Muslim woman goes viral for all the right reasons

Go down

H-M synthesis: Bittersweet love story of a Hindu man and a Muslim woman goes viral for all the right reasons Empty H-M synthesis: Bittersweet love story of a Hindu man and a Muslim woman goes viral for all the right reasons

Post by Guest Thu May 11, 2017 8:38 am

This bittersweet story of a Muslim woman and Hindu man who could not get married in their youth but ended up together after seven years will tell you why love always triumphs.
Humans of Bombay posted the story of a couple who met in 1975 on a modelling assignment and fell in love eventually. But then, their religions became an obstruction.
"But as life would have it, I'm Muslim, he's Hindu and his parents weren't okay with us getting married", said the woman.

One day, after a failed plan to meet, the woman found out that her partner, tired of fighting for his love with his entire family, agreed to settle for an arranged marriage. She told Humans of Bombay, "I felt awful. I wanted to kill him, but I maintained my dignity and walked away with grace."

Soon, she too got married and thought her last relationship ended there.
"Of couse, we thought of each other, there are times when you can't help but think because there was so much love at one point, but none of us ever did anything about it - all I knew this entire time was that I'd never truly stopped loving him," she said.

Seven years later, the estranged couple bumped into each other at a common friend's party. They credit destiny for their reunion but despite seeing each other attending the party without their respective partners, assumed their personal lives were sorted.

But when destiny made them meet a second time, this time outside a family court with the same judge and counsellor allotted to them for their divorce proceedings, they knew their lives are going to change. Again.

"I wasn't going to let her go the second time around, so one day when we had gone out for a walk at Turf Club, at the age of 37 I asked her to marry me. And she said yes!", said the man.
They got married in 1991 and had a son in 1992. The family of 5 is living happily since then.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/this-bitter-sweet-love-story-of-a-muslim-woman-and-hindu-man-has-gone-viral-heres-why/1/725865.html

Back to top Go down