Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

not liking trump presidency

Go down

not liking trump presidency Empty not liking trump presidency

Post by Guest Fri May 12, 2017 10:33 am

... one bit.

never liked trump running for president, opposed bitterly, but was really really hoping to settle down once he was sworn in, kinda like we did with W two times (or maybe others did that twice with Obama). You know, like go back to daily business, and not remember on an hourly basis about white house and the (current) buffoons in it. Face it, how many of us cared about white house daily press briefings. Did majority of us even knew the Spicer counterparts of O, W, or Clinton? How many of us recognized surrogates of both the sides back then?

I keep waiting for that day when we will not hear a Trump 'breaking news'... i can understand media can exaggerate when things don't go their way. earlier it was just Fox News, now it's everyone else too. But I mean, trump is giving them a new reason or five on a weekly basis. When things began settling with the new healthcare bill, for good or bad, i was willing to settle down and focus on its changing points, and then he goes ahead and fires Comey. And then the crazy flip flops, warnings, what not. This episode was by far the most unsettling one.

You know it's super bad when this one makes W look smart and Nixon good!

When will this circus end? Is he going to treat this country like a TV rating for all of next 4 years?

Back to top Go down

not liking trump presidency Empty Re: not liking trump presidency

Post by Idéfix Fri May 12, 2017 11:01 am

Is he going to treat this country like a TV rating for all of next 4 years?
Yes. And if he runs for reelection, he will claim that his presidency is the highest rated ever in history anywhere in the world and that's why everyone should vote for him.

The problem is not with Trump. Sixty million Americans voted for a pussy-grabbing, tax-evading, dodge-drafting, serial-philandering, multiple-bankruptcy-declaring, authoritarian-praising, America-dissing, narcissistic, insecure habitual liar. For president, the position that controls America's nuclear weapons. They voted for him out of a combination of: (a) trumped up hatred for a middle-of-the-road competent and intelligent but aloof woman based on insinuations and lies, (b) resentment and envy at the relative success of women and minorities, (c) anxiety about a society that is progressing towards greater equality (gender, race, sexual orientation), (d) thinking of politics as a spectator sport and cheering "my team" even if they are doing patently awful things, (e) valuing aggressive ignorance over knowledge and stubborn superstition over science, and (f) getting upset that liberals like me don't think highly of them.

I added (f) there because I have been told that I have compelled, with my withering disdain for their views, members of the Party of Personal Responsibility to vote for Trump. Trump just played these ignoramuses, and he is only a symptom of a deep-seated disease.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 12, 2017 11:16 am

Idéfix wrote:
Is he going to treat this country like a TV rating for all of next 4 years?
Yes. And if he runs for reelection, he will claim that his presidency is the highest rated ever in history anywhere in the world and that's why everyone should vote for him.

The problem is not with Trump. Sixty million Americans voted for a pussy-grabbing, tax-evading, dodge-drafting, serial-philandering, multiple-bankruptcy-declaring, authoritarian-praising, America-dissing, narcissistic, insecure habitual liar. For president, the position that controls America's nuclear weapons. They voted for him out of a combination of: (a) trumped up hatred for a middle-of-the-road competent and intelligent but aloof woman based on insinuations and lies, (b) resentment and envy at the relative success of women and minorities, (c) anxiety about a society that is progressing towards greater equality (gender, race, sexual orientation), (d) thinking of politics as a spectator sport and cheering "my team" even if they are doing patently awful things, (e) valuing aggressive ignorance over knowledge and stubborn superstition over science, and (f) getting upset that liberals like me don't think highly of them.

I added (f) there because I have been told that I have compelled, with my withering disdain for their views, members of the Party of Personal Responsibility to vote for Trump. Trump just played these ignoramuses, and he is only a symptom of a deep-seated disease.

all very valid points. (d) baffles me the most, especially when all the spins come out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down