Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by Idéfix on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:48 am

Breitbart stands up for a racist named after two traitors after the predisent attacks him. This is really good news for trumptards in one way: it is now acceptable for you to criticize the predisent too!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/25/trumps-attack-on-sessions-over-clinton-prosecution-highlights-his-own-weak-stance/

President Trump’s decision Tuesday to attack Attorney General Jeff Sessions over Sessions’ “position” on Hillary Clinton’s various scandals only serves to highlight Trump’s own hypocrisy on the issue — and is likely to fuel concerns from his base who see Sessions at the best hope to fulfill Trump’s immigration policies... But Trump himself was the one who flip-flopped on whether to prosecute Clinton.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8317
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by silvermani on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Idéfix wrote:Breitbart stands up for a racist named after two traitors after the predisent attacks him. This is really good news for trumptards in one way: it is now acceptable for you to criticize the predisent too!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/25/trumps-attack-on-sessions-over-clinton-prosecution-highlights-his-own-weak-stance/

President Trump’s decision Tuesday to attack Attorney General Jeff Sessions over Sessions’ “position” on Hillary Clinton’s various scandals only serves to highlight Trump’s own hypocrisy on the issue — and is likely to fuel concerns from his base who see Sessions at the best hope to fulfill Trump’s immigration policies... But Trump himself was the one who flip-flopped on whether to prosecute Clinton.

President Trump let Hitlary off the hook assuming that the dems and the media would accept the election results with humility and move on. But she has been whining non stop about the Russians stealing the election from her and the media has also attacked President Trump non stop from day one. These incessant attacks have left him frustrated and he appears to be regretting his decision to leave her alone.
avatar
silvermani

Posts : 1375
Join date : 2014-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by Idéfix on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:24 pm

silvermani wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Breitbart stands up for a racist named after two traitors after the predisent attacks him. This is really good news for trumptards in one way: it is now acceptable for you to criticize the predisent too!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/25/trumps-attack-on-sessions-over-clinton-prosecution-highlights-his-own-weak-stance/

President Trump’s decision Tuesday to attack Attorney General Jeff Sessions over Sessions’ “position” on Hillary Clinton’s various scandals only serves to highlight Trump’s own hypocrisy on the issue — and is likely to fuel concerns from his base who see Sessions at the best hope to fulfill Trump’s immigration policies... But Trump himself was the one who flip-flopped on whether to prosecute Clinton.

President Trump let Hitlary off the hook assuming that the dems and the media would accept the election results with humility and move on. But she has been whining non stop about the Russians stealing the election from her and the media has also attacked President Trump non stop from day one. These incessant attacks have left him frustrated and he appears to be regretting his decision to leave her alone.
Then he should stop whining about his subordinate in public and order him to prosecute her.

If you manage people at work, you know what I am talking about. You don't whine in public that they are not working on the project you want them to. You tell them to work on that project.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8317
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by silvermani on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:35 pm

Idéfix wrote:
silvermani wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Breitbart stands up for a racist named after two traitors after the predisent attacks him. This is really good news for trumptards in one way: it is now acceptable for you to criticize the predisent too!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/25/trumps-attack-on-sessions-over-clinton-prosecution-highlights-his-own-weak-stance/

President Trump’s decision Tuesday to attack Attorney General Jeff Sessions over Sessions’ “position” on Hillary Clinton’s various scandals only serves to highlight Trump’s own hypocrisy on the issue — and is likely to fuel concerns from his base who see Sessions at the best hope to fulfill Trump’s immigration policies... But Trump himself was the one who flip-flopped on whether to prosecute Clinton.

President Trump let Hitlary off the hook assuming that the dems and the media would accept the election results with humility and move on. But she has been whining non stop about the Russians stealing the election from her and the media has also attacked President Trump non stop from day one. These incessant attacks have left him frustrated and he appears to be regretting his decision to leave her alone.
Then he should stop whining about his subordinate in public and order him to prosecute her.

If you manage people at work, you know what I am talking about. You don't whine in public that they are not working on the project you want them to. You tell them to work on that project.
Maybe he asked him already and Sessions refused to do so.
avatar
silvermani

Posts : 1375
Join date : 2014-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by Idéfix on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:40 pm

silvermani wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
silvermani wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Breitbart stands up for a racist named after two traitors after the predisent attacks him. This is really good news for trumptards in one way: it is now acceptable for you to criticize the predisent too!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/25/trumps-attack-on-sessions-over-clinton-prosecution-highlights-his-own-weak-stance/

President Trump’s decision Tuesday to attack Attorney General Jeff Sessions over Sessions’ “position” on Hillary Clinton’s various scandals only serves to highlight Trump’s own hypocrisy on the issue — and is likely to fuel concerns from his base who see Sessions at the best hope to fulfill Trump’s immigration policies... But Trump himself was the one who flip-flopped on whether to prosecute Clinton.

President Trump let Hitlary off the hook assuming that the dems and the media would accept the election results with humility and move on. But she has been whining non stop about the Russians stealing the election from her and the media has also attacked President Trump non stop from day one. These incessant attacks have left him frustrated and he appears to be regretting his decision to leave her alone.
Then he should stop whining about his subordinate in public and order him to prosecute her.

If you manage people at work, you know what I am talking about. You don't whine in public that they are not working on the project you want them to. You tell them to work on that project.
Maybe he asked him already and Sessions refused to do so.
If one of his subordinates refuses to do the work he asked him to do, would a competent boss: (a) whine publicly for days about him not following orders, or (b) fire him for insubordination?

Hint: There is only one correct answer to this. The predisent didn't choose it.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8317
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by FluteHolder on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:51 pm

What we have here is not a regular/ordinary manager. We have a special president chosen by the great people of great America due to great opponent HC! ( I know you guys donot like referring HC )but she/BO is/was one of the primary reasons for this whole tamasha at WH/USA.

FluteHolder

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2011-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by silvermani on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:10 pm

FluteHolder wrote:What we have here is not a regular/ordinary manager. We have a special president chosen by the great people of great America due to great opponent HC! ( I know you guys donot like referring HC )but she/BO is/was one of the primary reasons for this whole tamasha at WH/USA.

+1
avatar
silvermani

Posts : 1375
Join date : 2014-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by Idéfix on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:24 pm

FluteHolder wrote:What we have here is not a regular/ordinary manager. We have a special president chosen by the great people of great America due to great opponent HC! ( I know you guys donot like referring HC )but she/BO is/was one of the primary reasons for this whole tamasha at WH/USA.
So let's try this on for size...

"We hired a totally whiny incompetent manager for this department, because we didn't like the previous manager. Or because we hated the candidate that the previous manager picked out to replace him."

Have you ever come across this sort of reasoning in the business world? I haven't, and I want to learn which companies would accept this line of thinking.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8317
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by FluteHolder on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Ruling  country is not like running/managing a company. Company is different than a country esp which  is looked as  leader in the whole world. It is the responsibility of the elected leaders who be worthy of that position. If not this bound to happen. IT is like a market correction when arrogance is reached its limit it has to correct itself(which is/was helped by HC/BO who were the reasons for this state).  When you fire a incompetent company president, only stock holders suffer or gain. But when you elect or be the reason to elect a such an incompetent person, the party who is responsible is more to take the blame. It is an expensive and long exercise where those in power should think and be responsible (which HC/BO failed to do so).

FluteHolder

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2011-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:57 pm

I don't agree with the lumping of Obama and Hillary together. He won two elections, maneuvered the country through a financial calamity which was the doing of his predecessor, delivered justice to the primary architect of 9/11 which his predecessor failed to do, made sure of the auto industry's survival and did what he could to undertake wall street reforms. His personal integrity was beyond question, he didn't have any unseemly scandals that plagued the previous democratic president, and the world outside the US respected him immensely.

Hillary lost the the election due to a variety of reasons, many external to her. However she does carry the blame for messaging, the decisions she made about accepting wall street money, and deciding where to focus her campaigning efforts. She lost. We accept that she lost.

However, it is remarkable that any criticism of Leper bounces off of him and immediately lands on Hillary! He is the president. Hold him responsible for his current actions which have nothing to do with Hillary or Obama!
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14221
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:07 pm

Idéfix wrote:Breitbart stands up for a racist named after two traitors after the predisent attacks him. This is really good news for trumptards in one way: it is now acceptable for you to criticize the predisent too!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/25/trumps-attack-on-sessions-over-clinton-prosecution-highlights-his-own-weak-stance/

President Trump’s decision Tuesday to attack Attorney General Jeff Sessions over Sessions’ “position” on Hillary Clinton’s various scandals only serves to highlight Trump’s own hypocrisy on the issue — and is likely to fuel concerns from his base who see Sessions at the best hope to fulfill Trump’s immigration policies... But Trump himself was the one who flip-flopped on whether to prosecute Clinton.

Love the schism and what is sure to be major cognitive dissonance in Trumptard world.
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14221
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by Idéfix on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:21 pm

FluteHolder wrote:But when you elect or be the reason to elect a such an incompetent person, the party who is responsible is more to take the blame.
This doesn't make sense. If you elect (or select) an incompetent person, you are responsible for your choice.

Nobody ever says, "I hired an incompetent person because the guy doing the job before was incompetent, so it is fault of the guy who was doing the job before!" Good managers say, "I hired an incompetent person, I made this mistake, and this is what I learned it so I don't do it again." That's called taking responsibility. People who supported (and support) our incompetent predisent should take responsibility for their actions.

I supported Hillary Clinton. I take responsibility for my choice, I don't blame it on anyone else. I picked the losing candidate, and as a result, the ideas I support are not part of the national political conversation for the next four years. If enough people like me had clamored for a more appealing and charismatic candidate, may be, just may be, we would not have lost. But we picked the wrong horse, and we lost, and that's that.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8317
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by silvermani on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:36 pm

Unlike smugtards, the Democratic party's Chuck Schumer has acknowledged that Hitlary herself is responsible for her loss and that the party has failed in batting for the American worker. Regarding Obummer - he, like his rabid followers is out of touch with reality. Hitlary's crushing defeat in the election is a slap in the face for his inept presidency.

This video shows how great he is
avatar
silvermani

Posts : 1375
Join date : 2014-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:40 pm

silvermani wrote:Unlike smugtards, the Democratic party's Chuck Schumer has acknowledged that Hitlary herself is responsible for her loss and that the party has failed in batting for the American worker. Regarding Obummer - he, like his rabid followers is out of touch with reality. Hitlary's crushing defeat in the election is a slap in the face for his inept presidency.

This video shows how great he is

Why won't Leper order Sessions to investigate Hillary failing which he fires him? Why won't he take those steps?
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14221
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by Propagandhi711 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:49 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Breitbart stands up for a racist named after two traitors after the predisent attacks him. This is really good news for trumptards in one way: it is now acceptable for you to criticize the predisent too!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/25/trumps-attack-on-sessions-over-clinton-prosecution-highlights-his-own-weak-stance/

President Trump’s decision Tuesday to attack Attorney General Jeff Sessions over Sessions’ “position” on Hillary Clinton’s various scandals only serves to highlight Trump’s own hypocrisy on the issue — and is likely to fuel concerns from his base who see Sessions at the best hope to fulfill Trump’s immigration policies... But Trump himself was the one who flip-flopped on whether to prosecute Clinton.

Love the schism and what is sure to be major cognitive dissonance in Trumptard world.

what are they gonna do once Orange is gone and they dont have an easy target? past election showed they are bankrupt and rudderless, if anything, even more so than repubs. schadenfreude and snark is all good fun cant hide behind it forever and wont win elections.

by they I mean dems or smugtards as silver calls them.


Last edited by Propagandhi711 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Propagandhi711

Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by Idéfix on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:56 pm

silvermani wrote:Unlike smugtards, the Democratic party's Chuck Schumer has acknowledged that Hitlary herself is responsible for her loss and that the party has failed in batting for the American worker. Regarding Obummer - he, like his rabid followers is out of touch with reality. Hitlary's crushing defeat in the election is a slap in the face for his inept presidency.

This video shows how great he is
Based on your description, you must be using the term smugtards to refer to people who are not here. Because Max acknowledged Hillary's responsibility for her own defeat in this thread, and I did it in another recent thread where you posted Chuck Schumer's comments. Of course, it is possible you managed to ignore that difficult post just like you ignore all the difficult things your God-Emperor does.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8317
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by Propagandhi711 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:02 pm

tillerson gone? taking time off

Propagandhi711

Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:10 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Breitbart stands up for a racist named after two traitors after the predisent attacks him. This is really good news for trumptards in one way: it is now acceptable for you to criticize the predisent too!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/25/trumps-attack-on-sessions-over-clinton-prosecution-highlights-his-own-weak-stance/

President Trump’s decision Tuesday to attack Attorney General Jeff Sessions over Sessions’ “position” on Hillary Clinton’s various scandals only serves to highlight Trump’s own hypocrisy on the issue — and is likely to fuel concerns from his base who see Sessions at the best hope to fulfill Trump’s immigration policies... But Trump himself was the one who flip-flopped on whether to prosecute Clinton.

Love the schism and what is sure to be major cognitive dissonance in Trumptard world.

what are they gonna do once Orange is gone and they dont have an easy target? past election showed they are bankrupt and rudderless, if anything, even more so than repubs. schadenfreude and snark is all good fun cant hide behind it forever and wont win elections.

by they I mean dems or smugtards as silver calls them.

I am far less concerned about what dems will do. I think dems have a lot of questions to answer and if they don't, they'll fall on their own sword as they should if they lack ideas. The platform they released two days ago was a joke.

But this is about a much larger issue -- becoming a banana republic.
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14221
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Let me go on record here and state that I don't mind a Mike Pence presidency right now. Here are my reasons -- I believe all politicians are slimy at some level, some more so than others.  I think every politician has skeletons in his closet, but I don't think any president before the current one was fundamentally flawed in the sense that Trump is.  He is in over his head, he is UTTERLY inconsistent and self contradictory, and most importantly he feels so cornered that he will do anything to protect himself and if in the process he hurts the country, he won't think about that for a second.  What we already know about this man is just the tip of the iceberg.  I think there is an iceberg that's the size of the one that broke off in Antarctica that is yet to unfold about this guy's shenanigans.

I would like a guy who isn't tethered to a hostile foreign power (as every piece of circumstantial evidence now points) to be in charge.  Having policy disagreements that can never be reconciled with Pence is better than Trump who is a handmaiden of the Kremlin.
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14221
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by Idéfix on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:tillerson gone? taking time off
I have to tell you the truth, believe me, It's a finely-oiled, well-tuned machine, this administration, believe me. If you hear anything else, that is Fake News.

Tillerson is far from stupid. If he ever was good at kissing ass, he probably lost those skills after many years as top dog at Exxon. He gave up a position of real power to go work for the president, and he is being treated as a subordinate of Kushner. His appointments have been held up by the White House, he doesn't have a full staff, they won't let him run strategy and the predisent contradicts him in public. So, yeah, he needs a break. We'll see if he comes back.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8317
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:33 pm

A question for Lepertards -- what must we (those of us who supported Hillary) do for you to say that we have "accepted" her loss? What specific actions?
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14221
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by Idéfix on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Breitbart stands up for a racist named after two traitors after the predisent attacks him. This is really good news for trumptards in one way: it is now acceptable for you to criticize the predisent too!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/25/trumps-attack-on-sessions-over-clinton-prosecution-highlights-his-own-weak-stance/

President Trump’s decision Tuesday to attack Attorney General Jeff Sessions over Sessions’ “position” on Hillary Clinton’s various scandals only serves to highlight Trump’s own hypocrisy on the issue — and is likely to fuel concerns from his base who see Sessions at the best hope to fulfill Trump’s immigration policies... But Trump himself was the one who flip-flopped on whether to prosecute Clinton.

Love the schism and what is sure to be major cognitive dissonance in Trumptard world.

what are they gonna do once Orange is gone and they dont have an easy target? past election showed they are bankrupt and rudderless, if anything, even more so than repubs. schadenfreude and snark is all good fun cant hide behind it forever and wont win elections.

by they I mean dems or smugtards as silver calls them.
This is the real problem for Democrats. They are leaderless. They are making the same mistakes the Republicans made in 2009: simply opposing the administration but not articulating their own agenda. The danger is that that strategy worked for the Republicans in 2010, and the career politicians in the Democratic party may be calculating that it will work for them too. Whether it does or not, that ultimately does not help the country.

I don't think Il Douche is going anywhere anytime soon. Schadenfreude is my one big reward after the big loss of 2016. I am going to enjoy it thoroughly as long as the Republicans keep him in the White House.

At the same time, I am interested in seeing real policy debates in the Democratic party. The party needs to speak to middle-class working people about issues like health care, a living wage. It needs to focus sharply on an economic message. We also need to come up with good ideas to tackle the coming age of automation that will destroy millions of low-skilled jobs: initiatives to redeploy people to the jobs of the future as well as provide a universal basic income. I generally tend to be an optimist about the future, but I am not that optimistic about the Democratic party figuring all this out. But what I do like is that a lot of people are really interested in the right questions right now, and the debates are fascinating.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8317
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by Idéfix on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:43 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:Let me go on record here and state that I don't mind a Mike Pence presidency right now. Here are my reasons -- I believe all politicians are slimy at some level, some more so than others.  I think every politician has skeletons in his closet, but I don't think any president before the current one was fundamentally flawed in the sense that Trump is.  He is in over his head, he is UTTERLY inconsistent and self contradictory, and most importantly he feels so cornered that he will do anything to protect himself and if in the process he hurts the country, he won't think about that for a second.  What we already know about this man is just the tip of the iceberg.  I think there is an iceberg that's the size of the one that broke off in Antarctica that is yet to unfold about this guy's shenanigans.

I would like a guy who isn't tethered to a hostile foreign power (as every piece of circumstantial evidence now points) to be in charge.  Having policy disagreements that can never be reconciled with Pence is better than Trump who is a handmaiden of the Kremlin.
If I think only of partisan liberal interests, I prefer Trump to Pence. Pence will be able to pass most of the GOP agenda that McConnell and Ryan fantasize about. Trump will get in his own way so much that he won't pass even half of it. Investigations in the Senate take up precious time, as do confirmation hearings for people who quit or are fired.

If I think of American interests, I prefer Pence to Trump. The systematic destruction of our norms and institutions will stop. If there is an impeachment or resignation, we may even end up beefing up the eroded institutions as a response (e.g. passing laws requiring tax returns be disclosed, assets be divested or placed in a blind trust, etc.)
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8317
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by Idéfix on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:45 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:A question for Lepertards -- what must we (those of us who supported Hillary) do for you to say that we have "accepted" her loss? What specific actions?
Stop criticizing Trump. Criticize Hillary for being a bad candidate every time Trump abuses his power, lies, or behaves in a vulgar manner. If we don't do those things, they are gonna. They need the distraction.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8317
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:58 pm

Idéfix wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:Let me go on record here and state that I don't mind a Mike Pence presidency right now. Here are my reasons -- I believe all politicians are slimy at some level, some more so than others.  I think every politician has skeletons in his closet, but I don't think any president before the current one was fundamentally flawed in the sense that Trump is.  He is in over his head, he is UTTERLY inconsistent and self contradictory, and most importantly he feels so cornered that he will do anything to protect himself and if in the process he hurts the country, he won't think about that for a second.  What we already know about this man is just the tip of the iceberg.  I think there is an iceberg that's the size of the one that broke off in Antarctica that is yet to unfold about this guy's shenanigans.

I would like a guy who isn't tethered to a hostile foreign power (as every piece of circumstantial evidence now points) to be in charge.  Having policy disagreements that can never be reconciled with Pence is better than Trump who is a handmaiden of the Kremlin.
If I think only of partisan liberal interests, I prefer Trump to Pence. Pence will be able to pass most of the GOP agenda that McConnell and Ryan fantasize about. Trump will get in his own way so much that he won't pass even half of it. Investigations in the Senate take up precious time, as do confirmation hearings for people who quit or are fired.

If I think of American interests, I prefer Pence to Trump. The systematic destruction of our norms and institutions will stop. If there is an impeachment or resignation, we may even end up beefing up the eroded institutions as a response (e.g. passing laws requiring tax returns be disclosed, assets be divested or placed in a blind trust, etc.)

Right now I'm more driven of what you said in the last paragraph.  We lose all that, then every reason why we decided to immigrate and become American citizens will go away.  Liberal interests can wait. We're not personally in danger of losing health insurance or our jobs, but Trump being in charge raises existential threats. I am afraid that he will take advantage of the North Korean situation to distract from his current troubles and get us into scary situations.  That's what cornered animals do. Many more fears like that.
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14221
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by Idéfix on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:03 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:Let me go on record here and state that I don't mind a Mike Pence presidency right now. Here are my reasons -- I believe all politicians are slimy at some level, some more so than others.  I think every politician has skeletons in his closet, but I don't think any president before the current one was fundamentally flawed in the sense that Trump is.  He is in over his head, he is UTTERLY inconsistent and self contradictory, and most importantly he feels so cornered that he will do anything to protect himself and if in the process he hurts the country, he won't think about that for a second.  What we already know about this man is just the tip of the iceberg.  I think there is an iceberg that's the size of the one that broke off in Antarctica that is yet to unfold about this guy's shenanigans.

I would like a guy who isn't tethered to a hostile foreign power (as every piece of circumstantial evidence now points) to be in charge.  Having policy disagreements that can never be reconciled with Pence is better than Trump who is a handmaiden of the Kremlin.
If I think only of partisan liberal interests, I prefer Trump to Pence. Pence will be able to pass most of the GOP agenda that McConnell and Ryan fantasize about. Trump will get in his own way so much that he won't pass even half of it. Investigations in the Senate take up precious time, as do confirmation hearings for people who quit or are fired.

If I think of American interests, I prefer Pence to Trump. The systematic destruction of our norms and institutions will stop. If there is an impeachment or resignation, we may even end up beefing up the eroded institutions as a response (e.g. passing laws requiring tax returns be disclosed, assets be divested or placed in a blind trust, etc.)

Right now I'm more driven of what you said in the last paragraph.  We lose all that, then every reason why we decided to immigrate and become American citizens will go away.  Liberal interests can wait. We're not personally in danger of losing health insurance or our jobs, but Trump being in charge raises existential threats. I am afraid that he will take advantage of the North Korean situation to distract from his current troubles and get us into scary situations.  That's what cornered animals do. Many more fears like that.
That is well put and persuades me that on balance Pence is better than Trump. We lost an election, and elections have consequences in terms of policy. But I definitely don't want America to become a banana republic. I hope the Republicans in Congress see soon enough that it is in their political interest to have Pence in the White House.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8317
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:15 pm

Wow the Breitfarts are going full bore in their support for AG Bubba. One more article on the same day!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/25/jeff-sessions-a-man-who-embodies-the-movement-that-elected-donald-trump-president/
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14221
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:04 pm

avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14221
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breitbart calls out Trump's hypocrisy and flip-flopping

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum