Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

daaktar manmohan singh...

Go down

daaktar manmohan singh... Empty daaktar manmohan singh...

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:50 am

...joins twitter (around the time the rajasthan police could not provide security to a beamed image of rushdie to exercise his right to freedom of expression on topics not related to the satanic verses).

https://twitter.com/#!/PMOIndia

rushdie (to rajiv gandhi): what kind of India would you like to lead?
rajiv gandhi: i want a banana republic.
rahul gandhi: i want an aam republic.
manmohan singh: we are a fruitcake republic.

Back to top Go down

daaktar manmohan singh... Empty Re: daaktar manmohan singh...

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:52 am

transcript of rushdie's interview with barkha dutt aired on ndtv at 8pm today:

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/transcript-salman-rushdie-to-ndtv-about-the-controversy-over-his-jaipur-litfest-visit-170122

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:27 pm

even bjp "minority cell" filed a petition in court against the authors who read aloud from SV. to choose between the congress and the bjp is to be caught between a rock and a hard place. i think democracy is really being challenged in india. the system is flawed. we have to reinvent democracy. tharoor is right. we have to shed the antiquated UK ways and adopt the direct presidential elections system. (politicians know how to use the present system and do not want to change it.) nothing short of a revolution can make that happen!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:47 pm

excellent rushdie interview by barkha dutt. the streaming version @ndtv.com is blotched with ads. just watched the 10 pm re-telecast.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Looks like the admin also need to create a Huzefa Kapasi section!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:excellent rushdie interview by barkha dutt. the streaming version @ndtv.com is blotched with ads. just watched the 10 pm re-telecast.

It took me a while. With you writing so many consecutive posts, I kept reading Rashmun...Rashmun..and wondered when and why he interviewed Burkha and why was he talking to Rajiv...

Perhaps, Rashmunullah should have been invited instead of Rushdie, and the Millis would have been thrilled at hearing Akbar's Glory and Moghul's Golden rule.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down