Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yet another ass kicking in the offing (cricket)

5 posters

Go down

yet another ass kicking in the offing (cricket) Empty yet another ass kicking in the offing (cricket)

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:55 pm

does anyone else want to hit a double ton? michael clarke's grandmother maybe?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

yet another ass kicking in the offing (cricket) Empty Re: yet another ass kicking in the offing (cricket)

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:39 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:does anyone else want to hit a double ton? michael clarke's grandmother maybe?

Max, what is your opinion of Greg Chappell?

Back to top Go down

yet another ass kicking in the offing (cricket) Empty Re: yet another ass kicking in the offing (cricket)

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Wonder when was the last time Punter scored a double. Another triple in making??

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:34 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:does anyone else want to hit a double ton? michael clarke's grandmother maybe?

Max, what is your opinion of Greg Chappell?

great batsman, great captain, lousy coach, and lousy selector.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:09 am

another drubbing fo sho. these batsmen can neither score more than 400 nor can they last for two days to earn a draw. the Idiot Opener lost his wicket to a full toss and The Wall* found an imaginative way to get bowled for the 345th time in the last one year. although dumbhir and SRT are at the crease, what are the chances that they will play out even one session, let alone the entire day? nil. with laxman playing for his pension and kohli for cheergirls, this side will fold much before the stumps tomorrow. any other outcome is impossible.

* The Wallking wicket? All of a sudden, his ENG scores look like a fluke and his poor form for the last 2.5 years seems to be the reality.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:17 am

well, i think i did not kick dustinder sehwag's arse bad enough in the last post and let me do it with relish.

sir dustinder was flop with his captaincy yesterday, when he was playing for stumps right after the lunch, not trying to take initiative after 3 early wickets. sir dustinder let the game drift away and today he got out to a freaking full toss! hahaha. and when yesterday someone asked him about his game, sir shameless dustinder said that he won't change his game just because he is a captain. he even had the nerve to say that he scored 219 against WI with the same style. sir dustinder thinks that scoring 219 on a dust bowl in india against WI is same as playing AUS seamers in AUS in a test match. a round of applause for sir dustinder. CHers.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:42 pm

Another Brick wrote:well, i think i did not kick dustinder sehwag's arse bad enough

Oh what happened to supporting India and a DRAW :-) When I said 4-0 your confidence was like Himalayan mountain that Hindia will WIN then after 1st days play it went to a DRAW and now what? At the deepest depth of Pacific? LOL

Bud, listen to me and listen good. I have seen this desk ka kirket for over 2 decades. Whether it was Gavaskar or $kar all Bombayites play for themselves. And if at all an axe comes, the goats of Hyderabad are pushed ahead first. Jaisimha, Azharuddin, Arshad Ayub, and may be even old players like Abid Ali.

Anyone in the world, including the most tainted players in Pakistan came back to the team but BCCI remains steadfast to Azharuddin. Warne was excused and came back, before dying even the SA Kapitan was excused and everybody and anybody will be excused but not AZZA. BTW BCCI never found a cause that is truthful about azza. No court case, not proof but acted solely on SA kapitan's words.

And guess what? Even today, yes today, Azha remains as athletic as he was in his hay days and can field a ball much better than an Umesh Yadav or an Ahwin. Yet BCCI cannot even pay the dues, let alone let him play kirket at any level, to Azza. Why? Public have excused him and elected him as an MP but BCCI? What the hell BCCI is rejecting the DRS for? They have a mental block of some sort. That's it.

Men may come and men may go but BCCI remains the same and sticks to its ideaology - whatever it may be.

Setting these aside, why should India at least draw or win?

The bowlers have no clue - they conceded in excess of 150 runs more than once. The batsmen have no clue. RD was clean bowled 6 times. SIX times. So he forgot where his stumps are. Laxman? Less talked the better. $kar? He will bat his skin and wait till he gets his 100th 100. IS there any other guy who is capable of weilding a willow? Gambhir keeps imagining that one day he will again bat like he did in NZ and the bowling attack will be like NZ. So in his dreams he lives. Sehwag? He should be in the animal refuge shelter long time ago. Dhobi? He cannot wash his own cheddi and smells all over the field.

Do not even ask me to look at upcoming players - Kohli, Pujara, Rohit Sharma etc. None of them fits to the rigors of Test cricket. They are all slam bang 20/20s. Test cricket has departed from Indian cricket. ODI will soon too. Wish the crowd shuns 20/20s and the entire game disappears from the country - at least then our national game finds some glory.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:13 pm

well, let's just say that i am trying to reverse jinx the team. notwithstanding what i said in my earlier post, i am hoping for a triple hundred (between gambhir, SRT and VVSL). i am hoping that IND bats well to avoid the follow on. indian team is definitely NOT as bad as the results suggest. they haven't been spectacular either, but not worthy of two back-to-back whitewashes. although it will be too late, i hope at least one batter scores a hundred tomorrow to inspire others.

as for azharuddin, he was treated exactly like how he should have been. motherfucker was a fixer and people of india should have been given a free license to kick him in the balls while rubbing chilly powder in his eyes. he got off too easily. and your suggestion that mumbaikars play for 'themselves' makes no sense. sure, they might love their own records, but such records don't come at the cost of the team or the game. why, even ponting said only yesterday that scoring hundred feels good. you hear every batsman say "of course, i want to go there every innings and score a hundred but that's not possible." why do you think a hundred matters to every player?

and as for your complaint that andhra players are being targeted, let me just tell you that the current selector is a south indian and has been selecting the team for over three years.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Another Brick wrote:and as for your complaint that andhra players are being targeted, let me just tell you that the current selector is a south indian and has been selecting the team for over three years.

ROFL. And so our Sri-double k-anth shows favortism to south? Great. From the time of viceroys to the current clan ask anyone how much a Tamilian likes an Andhrite. You seem to be a newbee to these kind of things.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:19 pm

And shameless Ravi Ashwin says 'we are not embarassed':

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8408246

India's cricketers aren't embarrassed - they're just unlucky, offspinner Ravi Ashwin says.

The tourists copped another pounding from Australia on Tuesday's opening day of the fourth Test in Adelaide, blowing out their odds of avoiding a 4-0 series whitewash.

But Ashwin says the continued underachievement on a grim Australian tour wasn't leaving Indian cricketers red-faced.

"Two teams play, you have a loser, so it's fine," Ashwin said after unbeaten centuries from Ricky Ponting and Michael Clarke underpinned Australia's imposing 3-335 opening day score in Adelaide.

"Nobody is embarrassed in the dressing room.

"We are all quite happy to keep coming out and keep trying again and again.

"And it will turn around some time.

"But nobody is embarrassed, I'm very sure about that."

Ashwin instead blamed bad luck for India's woes.

"I have repeated this many number of times: the rub of the green hasn't gone our way," he said.

"And I really feel a little awkward saying that again and again.

"But you can't really help not having the rub of the green, the nicks are not going to hand, we're beating the bat so many times.

"It was that kind of day at the office."

Ashwin, who claimed 2-81 from 26 overs, praised Ponting (137 not out) and Clarke (140 not out), who batted 74 overs from just before lunch to stumps in amassing an unbroken 251 run union.

"We gave quite a few easy runs to both of them and they just took off," Ashwin said.

But the 25-year-old tweaker said India's lost cause in the series could actually be a bonus.

"We have nothing to lose at this point of time," he said.

"We are 3-0 down and it gives us a bit of a licence to be really very carefree about it and just go out and play our natural game, which can be a real blessing in disguise for us."

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:20 pm

i don't know about the fight between thamizh people and telugu people, but it is no secret that srikanth has given several chances to players south of vindhyas. who the fuck selects vinay kumar and a mithun for tests? isn't there a fithe between thamizh and kannadigas as well?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:24 pm

Rashmun wrote:And shameless Ravi Ashwin says 'we are not embarassed':

Rashmun What you did not know was this.. This guy is new and bowls as the Kapitan tells him. So he is looking for a career and of course should not feel embarassed. When he said nobody in the dressing room, he literally meant it. When he made the comment, everybody left and the embarassed $kar and others left the dressing room. So he spoke the truth, the Satya Harischandra.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:26 pm

Rashmun wrote:And shameless Ravi Ashwin says 'we are not embarassed':

Rashmun What you did not know was this.. This guy is new and bowls as the Kapitan tells him. So he is looking for a career and of course should not feel embarassed. When he said nobody in the dressing room, he literally meant it. When he made the comment, everybody left and the embarassed $kar and others left the dressing room. So he spoke the truth, the Satya Harischandra.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:43 pm

sachin gone. i'm just numb watching this stuff.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:56 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:sachin gone. i'm just numb watching this stuff.

Gambhir gone..

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:00 pm

getting rolled over again. siddle running through the side like knife through soft butter.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:36 pm

RIP indian test cricket. there is no redemption. none. pathetic.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:17 am

The funniest part is the "IPL 4" ads in the middle every 5 min....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:45 am

kohli gets a fine hundred and follows it up with childish anger forgetting to run for the overthrows. regardless, good batting by him. that may prompt selectors to give notice to pensioners in the indian team and select more young players.

i hope clarke does not enforce the follow on wasting valuable time. this might help us draw the game. if he enforces the follow on, we may not survive six sessions.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:09 am

Hope BCCI promised Clarke a $2 Mil contract with the Chattisgarh Criminals

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:11 am

Clarke must have sold Australia, which is going to bat again.

hm.... Hope the pensioners get inspiration from Kholi and Wridhimaan Saha.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:32 am

he wants his bowlers to rest and come back hard at india post lunch tomorrow. batting on this pitch on day 4 and 5 will be difficult, but not impossible. if india has to play out only five sessions in this match, they better do it. if they fail to do so, srikanth and co must fire SRT, RSD, VVSL and Sehwag before resigning themselves. no mercy.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:04 am

Aus will declare by lunch or Tea with 450 on board. India will fold by 5th day lunch. Familiar story. Last chance for $kar for a honorable 100 but I suspect he is too tense and is being blown away by the weight of 100s. Relax $kar, it is easy. Do it like Kohli ;-p

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:24 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:Aus will declare by lunch or Tea with 450 on board. India will fold by 5th day lunch. Familiar story. Last chance for $kar for a honorable 100 but I suspect he is too tense and is being blown away by the weight of 100s. Relax $kar, it is easy. Do it like Kohli ;-p

Notice that India has absolutely no problem in taking the first 3 wickets - most of the time - it is the middle 3 wickets that are impossible to take.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down