Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

uberpreneur

3 posters

Go down

uberpreneur  Empty uberpreneur

Post by Guest Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:43 am

why don't i ever get ideas to get rich

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonyoushaei/2015/02/04/the-uberpreneur-how-an-uber-driver-makes-252000-a-year

Back to top Go down

uberpreneur  Empty Re: uberpreneur

Post by silvermani Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:05 am

Post your jewelry designs on CH first
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:19 am

ya good point. no money for talentless dweebs like us. 

just the other day i was sitting son down (read forcibly) with maths and he protested the usual - 'where will i use this in my life?' I know all the 'good' answers, but I came up with the quickest one - 'so that you can help YOUR kid with math homework, now learn this'.

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:19 am

haha, good one!
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Shyam Sundar Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:46 am

Smart guy.

Not only he works hard and makes a lot of  money  but also has provided jobs to quite a few people.

He is better than those who just sit at home and whine about Trump.

Shyam Sundar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:51 am

t w wrote:ya good point. no money for talentless dweebs like us. 

just the other day i was sitting son down (read forcibly) with maths and he protested the usual - 'where will i use this in my life?' I know all the 'good' answers, but I came up with the quickest one - 'so that you can help YOUR kid with math homework, now learn this'.

I have found that a combination of gentle persuasion, interesting them with games and puzzles, and being a hard ass when  you need to be works when they are younger.  My personal parental discovery -- there seems to be a threshold that we need to help them to get to in math through all of the aforementioned means. Once they get there, the subject becomes sufficiently interesting and engaging that they want to keep at it by themselves and gladly jump into the AP Calc curriculum when it's time.  Getting to that all important threshold is a tough battle against the system which has a million distractions though. Having solid teachers at school certainly helps the process.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum