Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it so bad for Architects?

4 posters

Go down

Is it so bad for Architects? Empty Is it so bad for Architects?

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:48 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/01/minnesota-dad-abandoned-son-in-foreclosed-home/

Cross, 60, pleaded not guilty to child neglect after he left his son at their foreclosed home on July 18. His attorney said Cross left about a week before the sheriff was expected to remove them from their home.
“For 10 years, this guy was the ultimate parent while he, single-handed, raised the child,” Price said, adding that the mother’s rights were previously terminated by a court. “Things go bad and he doesn’t let the child worry about the foreclosure.”
Price said his client wanted to leave written instructions for the neighbors to have custody of the boy without the government’s involvement.
Cross’ letter read, in part, “To my son: If this paper is wet, it’s because I am crying so bad. You know your dad loves you more than anything…there are no jobs for architects so I have to go because the sheriff will take the house July 27. There will be no more me … Some good news is your mother is still alive. Though I do not think it is for the best.”
When the son woke up, he brought the note to his neighbor in tears. The neighbors called the police.
“He made a painful decision to tell the child to go to what he thinks is family,” Price said.
Cross was arrested on Aug. 29 in California where he was living in a van. He was extradited and brought to Minnesota where his trial began on Monday. Cross does not have other family members except for an elderly mother in a home in New Jersey, Price said.

===> Architect without a job?

How is that desis who did Architecture back home are on H-1B visa working in Architectural firms?

He could have always gotten a job doing after doing three months of training in QA in IT.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Is it so bad for Architects? Empty Re: Is it so bad for Architects?

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:52 pm

What profound questions you ask, Sar Bhoj Paparajan!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:22 pm

MulaiAzhagi wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/01/minnesota-dad-abandoned-son-in-foreclosed-home/

Cross, 60, pleaded not guilty to child neglect after he left his son at their foreclosed home on July 18. His attorney said Cross left about a week before the sheriff was expected to remove them from their home.
“For 10 years, this guy was the ultimate parent while he, single-handed, raised the child,” Price said, adding that the mother’s rights were previously terminated by a court. “Things go bad and he doesn’t let the child worry about the foreclosure.”
Price said his client wanted to leave written instructions for the neighbors to have custody of the boy without the government’s involvement.
Cross’ letter read, in part, “To my son: If this paper is wet, it’s because I am crying so bad. You know your dad loves you more than anything…there are no jobs for architects so I have to go because the sheriff will take the house July 27. There will be no more me … Some good news is your mother is still alive. Though I do not think it is for the best.”
When the son woke up, he brought the note to his neighbor in tears. The neighbors called the police.
“He made a painful decision to tell the child to go to what he thinks is family,” Price said.
Cross was arrested on Aug. 29 in California where he was living in a van. He was extradited and brought to Minnesota where his trial began on Monday. Cross does not have other family members except for an elderly mother in a home in New Jersey, Price said.

===> Architect without a job?

How is that desis who did Architecture back home are on H-1B visa working in Architectural firms?

He could have always gotten a job doing after doing three months of training in QA in IT.

At 60, it is difficult. But, surely, small firms of 2 to 5 people LOVE old, experienced, laid off people and the fresh grads as they can be hired for a much lesser pay. A single 60 yr old guy just got stumped and lost confidence.

He could have survived in a 100 ways....but he probably did not know any SaamiYaar to give him advice.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:48 pm

A single 60 yr old guy just got stumped and lost confidence.

===> Talking about confidence, I know a Tamil guy, who passed out of IIT Kharagpur in 1965. He got a Ph.D in Operations Research.

His wife left him for another man. Lost all his confidence. His performance at work tanked. Was on tranquilizers the last time I heard of him

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:10 pm

MulaiAzhagi wrote:A single 60 yr old guy just got stumped and lost confidence.

===> Talking about confidence, I know a Tamil guy, who passed out of IIT Kharagpur in 1965. He got a Ph.D in Operations Research.

His wife left him for another man. Lost all his confidence. His performance at work tanked. Was on tranquilizers the last time I heard of him

Are you blaming his IIT education or his PhD or operations research specialization or his wife running away ?

I strongly suggest that you contact him and inform him of http://www.dateIITians.com

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:35 am

MulaiAzhagi wrote:

===> I know a Tamil guy, who passed out of IIT Kharagpur in 1965. He got a Ph.D in Operations Research.

His wife left him for another man.

>>>> Applying Occam's razor here: It must the Operations Research aspect that drove her into another man's arms.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:26 am

Kris wrote:
MulaiAzhagi wrote:

===> I know a Tamil guy, who passed out of IIT Kharagpur in 1965. He got a Ph.D in Operations Research.

His wife left him for another man.

>>>> Applying Occam's razor here: It must the Operations Research aspect that drove her into another man's arms.

===> ROLFL

Actually, I heard him saying that "my wife must have left me because I am fat and ugly". And he was. Plus he was also very dark which is a no, no in Indian society.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down