Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WSJ article on Fed/Nadal/Novak rivalry

4 posters

Go down

WSJ article on Fed/Nadal/Novak rivalry Empty WSJ article on Fed/Nadal/Novak rivalry

Post by doofus_maximus Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:23 pm

why tennis rules the earth
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

WSJ article on Fed/Nadal/Novak rivalry Empty Re: WSJ article on Fed/Nadal/Novak rivalry

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:12 am

I still haven't recovered from the Aus open final. Of course, I was rooting for Nadal (R2D2, no comments!) making the whole experience rather bittersweet.

What a match though!

Our namby-pamby cricketers should watch that final to learn what fighting till the last minute is all about.

Back to top Go down

WSJ article on Fed/Nadal/Novak rivalry Empty Re: WSJ article on Fed/Nadal/Novak rivalry

Post by artood2 Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:56 pm

blabberwock wrote:I still haven't recovered from the Aus open final. Of course, I was rooting for Nadal (R2D2, no comments!) making the whole experience rather bittersweet.

What a match though!

Our namby-pamby cricketers should watch that final to learn what fighting till the last minute is all about.

hahaha! I was waiting for you to show up! Nadal had no business losing that match Very Happy
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:08 pm

artood2 wrote:

hahaha! I was waiting for you to show up! Nadal had no business losing that match Very Happy

Well, he lost it during the second and third sets, brilliantly recovered in set 4 only to make that very costly error at 30-15 when he was 4-2 up in the fifth.

Admire the man for the fight he showed, R2.

Hats off to Djokovic!

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:22 am

blabberwock wrote:
artood2 wrote:

Well, he lost it during the second and third sets, brilliantly recovered in set 4 only to make that very costly error at 30-15 when he was 4-2 up in the fifth.

Admire the man for the fight he showed, R2.

Hats off to Djokovic!

Nadal keeps on losing to Djoker even from seemingly better positions. After 7 consecutive losses you have to conceded that Djoker is a better player than Nadal right now.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:28 am

artood2 wrote:

Nadal keeps on losing to Djoker even from seemingly better positions. After 7 consecutive losses you have to conceded that Djoker is a better player than Nadal right now.

Wrong! All 6 losses in 2011 were pretty one sided. In this final, he matched Djokovic quite well. I am curious to see what happens on clay.

Djokovic is undoubtedly the best player in the world now and has certainly figured out how to outplay Nadal but the Spanish Bull will be BACK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:38 am

blabberwock wrote:
artood2 wrote:

Wrong! All 6 losses in 2011 were pretty one sided. In this final, he matched Djokovic quite well. I am curious to see what happens on clay.

Djokovic is undoubtedly the best player in the world now and has certainly figured out how to outplay Nadal but the Spanish Bull will be BACK!

And you are (all) forgetting the 4-yr old Andy.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:41 am

blabberwock wrote:
artood2 wrote:

Didn't you say after US Open loss that Nadal had no business losing that game? Here Djoker was coming after a marathon match with Murray. This really was Nadal's best chance Very Happy
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:06 am

artood2 wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
artood2 wrote:

Didn't you say after US Open loss that Nadal had no business losing that game? Here Djoker was coming after a marathon match with Murray. This really was Nadal's best chance Very Happy

Did I? I don't think US open was a close match like this. I recall giving up on it after the first couple of sets.

Yes, this was a good opportunity for Nadal but he did not win. So? I have conceded that Djokovic is the best for *now*. Things will change this year.

Last edited by blabberwock on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:08 am

artood2 wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
artood2 wrote:

She said that about Federer, not about Nadal. Like it or not Djoker rules!!
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:10 am

PseudoIntellectual wrote:
artood2 wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
artood2 wrote:

Yes - Federer had 2 match points against Djokovic in the semis.

Djokivic rules for *now*!

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:26 am

blabberwock wrote:
artood2 wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
artood2 wrote:

Oh yes. That was for Federer. you were rooting for Fererer because he is Nadal's bunny.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:36 am

artood2 wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
artood2 wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

Oh yes. That was for Federer. you were rooting for Fererer because he is Nadal's bunny.

...and your point is? regardless, he had no business losing that game/match!

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:38 am

blabberwock wrote:
artood2 wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
artood2 wrote:

...and your point is? regardless, he had no business losing that game/match!

No more points needed. Its all settled for *now*. though it may change this year.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:07 am

Blabberwork.. didn't know about your Nadal fanboy/girl status Wink

This article on Nadal ought to pique your interest.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down