Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fitbit

Go down

fitbit  Empty fitbit

Post by Guest Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:05 pm

got it as a gift *hint* *hint* so decided to put it on today. 

Very easy set up. Downloaded the app, connected it to my phone, kept it for charging. When it was charged, put it on my wrist. After 20 minutes or so, i get a beep. 'move'. How rude! Then i checked its stats. 0 steps. oh ya makes sense. I haven't moved ever since i put it on. I mean there it was, all excited to begin its new life with me, and here i am, not moving. I can understand its disappointment. So i get up. Shift the laundry from washer to dryer and spread sweaters on kitchen chairs. Walk up and down the stairs a couple of times to give stuff to kids. Make tea. This put me at a good 494 steps. So i sit down on my couch, raise the feet up, put the blanket on me, the laptop on the blanket and settle down. Just as i was done sipping my tea, it beeps again. This time it had a cutesy message, 'wanna stroll?' 

i have a feeling i am not gonna like this bugger, it's gonna keep pestering me until i walk 10000 steps a day... let's see.

Back to top Go down

fitbit  Empty Re: fitbit

Post by Guest Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:21 pm

ya so ok.... first 3 days i was enthusiastic about it. 10K steps; doing weights or dancing randomly or walking fast to register active moments; logging food and water; climbing stairs. Change in weight: NOTHING. Turns out it can't stop your mouth from putting food in itself, oh well. 

one stressful day at work and i went from 12:50 p to 1:50 p to 2:50 p all the way to 5:50 p with it pleading me to move 250+ steps for the hour each hour, and every time, i would go, screw you. 

Anyhoos.... looks like i am sleeping a bit better than other 'women my age'. my REM and deep sleep are 4-5% above the range, so i am guessing that's a good thing. Or is there is some underlying health issue there?

Will give this device another week. If i lose even 1 lb, i am keeping it.

Back to top Go down