Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

top 10 films

3 posters

Go down

top 10 films Empty top 10 films

Post by Guest Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:34 pm

clicks led me to this list.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Film_Institute_Awards_2017

• The Big Sick - loved it
  • Call Me by Your Name - on my list to watch
  • Dunkirk - was way beyond my grasp, got bored
  • The Florida Project - missed it. saw it now for the first time, and there are no available shows in my area.
  • Get Out - loved it
  • Lady Bird - loved it
  • The Post - liked it a lot
  • The Shape of Water - will skip
  • Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - loved it
  • Wonder Woman - skipped

Back to top Go down

top 10 films Empty Re: top 10 films

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:43 pm

The only one I saw so far is the Post. Loved it. Helen Mirren and Tom Hanks both did really well.

I added the rest to my list. I think this is the year where I have seen by far the fewest of the best picture/best director nominees before awards season.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:53 pm

Idéfix wrote:The only one I saw so far is the Post. Loved it. Helen Mirren and Tom Hanks both did really well.

I added the rest to my list. I think this is the year where I have seen by far the fewest of the best picture/best director nominees before awards season.

you mean Meryl Streep?

I later saw, she's 68 supposed to be playing Graham in her 50-something, not so bad but she did look older.

If i have to be critical about anything in the movie, it would have to be the over simplification of how they (other characters) had long dialogues about her courage, self-esteem, etc., when it was wonderfully and subtly displayed by Streep just by her facial expressions and body language.

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:56 pm

Are any of these on Netflix?
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:00 pm

i think i watched the big sick on Netflix. Not sure about others. Watched all in movie theaters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:02 pm

rasāsvāda wrote:
Idéfix wrote:The only one I saw so far is the Post. Loved it. Helen Mirren and Tom Hanks both did really well.

you mean Meryl Streep?

I later saw, she's 68 supposed to be playing Graham in her 50-something, not so bad but she did look older.

If i have to be critical about anything in the movie, it would have to be the over simplification of how they (other characters) had long dialogues about her courage, self-esteem, etc., when it was wonderfully and subtly displayed by Streep just by her facial expressions and body language.
Sorry, yes, I often confuse those two actors. She was so good in showing the conflicts she was wrestling with!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:59 pm

rasāsvāda wrote:i think i watched the big sick on Netflix. Not sure about others. Watched all in movie theaters.
Thanks, will check it out.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:12 pm

just checked https://www.ondvdreleases.com/3117-the-florida-project-release-dates.html

i think on Netflix it will be on dvd and not streaming .. oh well, just today i canceled out of DVD coz they had raised the rates of streaming. I still have it valid until Feb 28, so let's see if i can pre order it.

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:05 pm

I prefer Thrillers, and Mysteries section on Netflix.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:42 pm

i think you will like Get Out

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:45 pm

"Get Out", eh? I hope its a movie, and not a message to me! :-)

As if I listen to anyone.

Anyways, I watched "Trapped", "Newton", "Bareli ki Barfi", "Ittefaaq", "Tumhari Sulu" recently. All of them worth a watch, at least once.

Thank you.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down