Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doppelganger alert

4 posters

Go down

Doppelganger alert Empty Doppelganger alert

Post by silvermani Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:31 pm

I was watching this show called 7 seconds on Netflix and noticed how one of the actors called Beau Knapp looked very familiar, like I have seen him somewhere. Then it occurred to me that he actually looks like cricketer Yuzvendra Chahal of India with similar looks, build and body language. 

Beau Knapp

Doppelganger alert B110

Doppelganger alert B212

Doppelganger alert B310

Yuzvendra Chahal

Doppelganger alert Y110
Doppelganger alert Y210

Doppelganger alert Y310

Post any that you have found recently. Let's keep this thread going, to show that CH is not just about members bashing each other up all the time.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Doppelganger alert Empty Re: Doppelganger alert

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:03 pm

Fey and Palin of course
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Yes, similarities are there but that is due to make up and impersonation. Will Ferrell has successfully impersonated a few people but is he a doppelganger of those people? Please post any new discoveries outside of SNL.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:37 pm

I know one. Any Pussy-Grabber and the Orange man in the White-House look the same.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:41 pm

for face blind people like me, there are 1000s of doppelgangers out there. Just yesterday my sis reminded me how i had watched entire Himmatwala thinking Sridevi was Leena Chandawarkar. Then she said - nyf, you were only 10 at the time. And I was like, "I watched game night the other day thinking (but with doubt) that the cop is heavily altered matt damon"

Having said that, i must say I have a doppelganger, and like they say about 'us', we never see each other. She was my age, lived in my area, and i even know what schools she went to, and I was mistaken for her many many times, like people could swear it was me, and didn't believe me when i denied. Worst part is, she seemed to be much much cooler than me. I would be sitting at home, doing nothing, and she would be out there painting the town red; and then to make it worse for me, people around would argue - with me - that it was me that they saw.

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:53 pm

rasāsvāda wrote:for face blind people like me, there are 1000s of doppelgangers out there. Just yesterday my sis reminded me how i had watched entire Himmatwala thinking Sridevi was Leena Chandawarkar. Then she said - nyf, you were only 10 at the time. And I was like, "I watched game night the other day thinking (but with doubt) that the cop is heavily altered matt damon"

Having said that, i must say I have a doppelganger, and like they say about 'us', we never see each other. She was my age, lived in my area, and i even know what schools she went to, and I was mistaken for her many many times, like people could swear it was me, and didn't believe me when i denied. Worst part is, she seemed to be much much cooler than me. I would be sitting at home, doing nothing, and she would be out there painting the town red; and then to make it worse for me, people around would argue - with me - that it was me that they saw.

This guy? He does look like a puffed up version of Matt Damon  Very Happy  Interesting story about your humshakal. In the US I have been told a few times by people that I never met before and couldn't have met before(because I had just arrived from India) that they have seen me somewhere. 

Doppelganger alert Dup10
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:54 pm

southindian wrote:I know one. Any Pussy-Grabber and the Orange man in the White-House look the same.
Keep it fun, yaar. There are other threads where we can post political stuff.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:02 pm

I suffer from some degree of face blindness too. I confuse famous people like actors all the time. The other day I watched a movie with Meryl Streep in it, and thought it was Helen Mirren all along. I think Larry David and Bernie Sanders look really alike.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:14 pm

SM, looks like an Amway story is coming up from you.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Idéfix wrote:I suffer from some degree of face blindness too. I confuse famous people like actors all the time. The other day I watched a movie with Meryl Streep in it, and thought it was Helen Mirren all along. I think Larry David and Bernie Sanders look really alike.
Yeah, I mistook Meryl Streep for Helen Mirren too.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Hellsangel wrote:SM, looks like an Amway story is coming up from you.
No, those people who said that were Americans. One was a girl at the rental car desk. I told her I had just landed in that state and there is no way "I was here 2 days ago". She said I have that Indian boy next door look which is why people feel that they have seen me somewhere. And then she proceeded to upgrade me to a bigger, 6 cylinder car at no extra cost.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down