Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About that brilliant idea to arm teachers...

Go down

About that brilliant idea to arm teachers...  Empty About that brilliant idea to arm teachers...

Post by Idéfix Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:48 pm

... a quick reality check.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-second-teacher-of-the-year-fires-a-gun-inside-his-school

The  suspect in Wednesday’s incident was identified as 53-year-old year-old Randal Davidson, the Dalton High teacher of the year in 2015. The father of five had become a teacher after working as the news and sports guy at a local radio station. He kept a hand in radio and his play-by-play announcing is well known to anybody who listens to Dalton football on Friday nights.

A follow up police tweet noted:

“Randal Davidson has been charged with aggravated assault, carrying weapon on school grounds, terroristic threats, reckless conduct, possession of gun during commission of a crime, and disrupting a public school.”

One [student] who goes by the Twitter handle Chondi tweeted:

“@NRA my favorite teacher at Dalton high school just blockaded his door and proceeded to shoot. We had to run out the back of the school in the rain. Students were being trampled and screaming. I dare you to tell me arming teachers will make us safe.”

A classmate, Twitter handle hillary, tweeted:

“I’m a Dalton High School student. Please don’t tell me a damn thing about arming teachers. Please don’t tell me that I don’t know what the hell I’m talking about.”
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

About that brilliant idea to arm teachers...  Empty Re: About that brilliant idea to arm teachers...

Post by Idéfix Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:50 pm

And now, this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/03/14/teacher-accidentally-discharges-firearm-in-calif-classroom-he-was-trained-in-gun-use/

A teacher who is also a reserve police officer trained in firearm use ‘accidentally’ discharged a gun Tuesday at Seaside High School in Monterey County, Calif., during a class devoted to public safety, school officials said in a statement. A male student was reported to have sustained non-life-threatening injuries.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

About that brilliant idea to arm teachers...  Empty Re: About that brilliant idea to arm teachers...

Post by Idéfix Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:15 am

And now, this:

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/School-Resource-Officer-Accidentally-Fires-Weapon-Inside-School-476676103.html

The shot was fired as the officer, a five-year veteran of the Alexandria Police Department, was sitting down in his office, police said. A department representative declined to say whether the officer had taken his gun out of his holster.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down