Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unse kehna...

3 posters

Go down

unse kehna...  Empty unse kehna...

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:56 am

that era of this kinda loving is so 80s, so gone.... guess my generation was the last of it, and even we changed, atleast some of us... sorta nostalgic. 

Back to top Go down

unse kehna...  Empty Re: unse kehna...

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:01 am

Oh God! Found this movie insufferable. A buddy of mine watched it some 15 times over and he could recite lines from this movie. He was so over the top in love with this girl, it wasn't funny. We all thought he had lost his marbles.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:05 am

lol... we used to hear stories of people bringing a large cake into theaters and cutting it in her birthday song... 

I watched this movie first on a pirated video, before all else in my class. Totally loved it. Then the group of 15-20 of us watched it in a movie theater. I still remember how my neighbor bff and I showed up wearing exact same shoes (both had bought them independently)...

my other bff who was smitten with this movie, and also smitten with my own love story was once talking on phone with my bf of the time, saying how she thinks that my love story is the same as MPK love story, and BF called it BULLSHIT, and said that I am nothing like this character here, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:57 pm

Any such movie which girls watch after hitting puberty, mesmerize them.

BS.

But I guess, thats life.

When I met this Indian girl in a party in  US, and when I asked - 

"What do U do?"

Her reply?

"I am preparing to be a commercial pilot. Will complete enough hours to fly your United Flight in next few months!"

I almost choked on my "samosa".

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:14 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:Oh God! Found this movie insufferable. A buddy of mine watched it tosome 15 times over and he could recite lines from this movie. He was so over the top in love with this girl, it wasn't funny. We all thought he had lost his marbles.

Someone watching the same movie 15 times during the video gadgets era (1980s and on wards) is nothing. I had a hostel-mate from Maharashtra at IIT KGP during late 1960s (the theater-only era) who claimed to have watched the splendid musical comedy "Jab pyar kisi-se hota hai" (yr. 1961, starring Dev Anand and Asha Parekh) more than sixty times.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:09 pm

My dad watched Taxi Driver (Dev Anand), i think 9 times. His brother beats his record with Mugle Azam (I think) 11 times. Those were the standing records in our family for decades, until uncle's daughter broke it with 'Hero' in 1984 with 16 shows. She could have DIED for Jackie Shroff if he asked, j/k. Me, I prefer not repeating a movie, coz then i end up hating it. But for me, the sign of a 'good' movie is if I can watch it repeatedly, or atleast a second time w/o cringing or getting bored. There are many of them... There are some which i can decide to play from the first scene. There are others that if i catch them on tv, i will sit and watch the rest of it.

Lately, the one movie I remember watching again (first on screen, second time on Netflix) was Finding Fanny, coz i wanted to show it to d'ter and XH. XH was like what kinda nonsense is going on, but I mean that was the fun part of it. So much crazy-whats in it. I enjoyed it the second time too, and laughed as in some of the scenes, especially one of the last ones. daughter loved it and laughed so much, and then she made her other friends watch it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:40 pm

rasāsvāda wrote:My dad watched Taxi Driver (Dev Anand), i think 9 times. His brother beats his record with Mugle Azam (I think) 11 times. Those were the standing records in our family for decades, until uncle's daughter broke it with 'Hero' in 1984 with 16 shows. She could have DIED for Jackie Shroff if he asked, j/k. Me, I prefer not repeating a movie, coz then i end up hating it. But for me, the sign of a 'good' movie is if I can watch it repeatedly, or atleast a second time w/o cringing or getting bored. There are many of them... There are some which i can decide to play from the first scene. There are others that if i catch them on tv, i will sit and watch the rest of it.

Lately, the one movie I remember watching again (first on screen, second time on Netflix) was Finding Fanny, coz i wanted to show it to d'ter and XH. XH was like what kinda nonsense is going on, but I mean that was the fun part of it. So much crazy-whats in it. I enjoyed it the second time too, and laughed as in some of the scenes, especially one of the last ones. daughter loved it and laughed so much, and then she made her other friends watch it.
Not surprised about your dad watching Dev Anand's movie Taxi Driver 9 times. Dev Anand had a huge fan base, even more loyal than those of Raj Kapoor and Dilip Kumar.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:02 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
rasāsvāda wrote:My dad watched Taxi Driver (Dev Anand), i think 9 times. His brother beats his record with Mugle Azam (I think) 11 times. Those were the standing records in our family for decades, until uncle's daughter broke it with 'Hero' in 1984 with 16 shows. She could have DIED for Jackie Shroff if he asked, j/k. Me, I prefer not repeating a movie, coz then i end up hating it. But for me, the sign of a 'good' movie is if I can watch it repeatedly, or atleast a second time w/o cringing or getting bored. There are many of them... There are some which i can decide to play from the first scene. There are others that if i catch them on tv, i will sit and watch the rest of it.

Not surprised about your dad watching Dev Anand's movie Taxi Driver 9 times. Dev Anand had a huge fan base, even more loyal than those of Raj Kapoor and Dilip Kumar.

and also i think Kishore Kumar. He didn't like songs in general. But this movie songs were his all time favorite. In his last years, i used to play this movie's songs to him on youtube.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down