Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cliche of the century?

+2
silvermani
confuzzled dude
6 posters

Go down

Cliche of the century? Empty Cliche of the century?

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:26 am

He was also slammed by White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly, a retired Marine general. “Well, I think the guy ought to go to hell,” Kelly said in late January. “I just hope he enjoys the liberties and the lifestyles that we fought for.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2018/03/21/the-military-is-lowest-of-our-low-a-teacher-told-his-students-he-was-just-fired/?utm_term=.91bec90fe8cb

Oh Well, Kelly and his generation of servicemen didn't fight for America's liberties rather fought for military industrial complex's dominance/prosperity. And why is this good christian cursing that guy. Is this what they preach in good christian churches? based on the comments by Kelly, I fail to see the difference between that fired teacher and Kelly, both are calling each other "lowest of our low"

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Cliche of the century? Empty Re: Cliche of the century?

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:50 am

I thought Trump made it so we didn't have to be PC any more. So much winning.
Haha! on the money.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:36 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
He was also slammed by White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly, a retired Marine general. “Well, I think the guy ought to go to hell,” Kelly said in late January. “I just hope he enjoys the liberties and the lifestyles that we fought for.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2018/03/21/the-military-is-lowest-of-our-low-a-teacher-told-his-students-he-was-just-fired/?utm_term=.91bec90fe8cb

Oh Well, Kelly and his generation of servicemen didn't fight for America's liberties rather fought for military industrial complex's dominance/prosperity. And why is this good christian cursing that guy. Is this what they preach in good christian churches? based on the comments by Kelly, I fail to see the difference between that fired teacher and Kelly, both are calling each other "lowest of our low"

While this is mostly true, bashing the troops is not cool. The rich plan and profit from wars, the poor(mostly) fight them. The contempt should be reserved for recruiters who target kids at low income area schools and the scum bags who create wars to profit off of them.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:58 pm

silvermani wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

While this is mostly true, bashing the troops is not cool. The rich plan and profit from wars, the poor(mostly) fight them. The contempt should be reserved for recruiters who target kids at low income area schools and the scum bags who create wars to profit off of them.

That was the argument given by Pres. Wilson initially for America to stay out of WWI. He did not want the officials and rich Americans join a war overseas in which the sons of poor Americans end up fighting and dying.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:31 pm

silvermani wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

It is true that the recruiters always target poor kids. But there is another story that is seldom told -- young men from well to do families who choose to serve (e.g. Kennedy, McCain, John Kerry, and Bob Mueller) and young men who get bone spur and other deferments (Trump and possibly Bush).
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:49 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
silvermani wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

It is true that the recruiters always target poor kids. But there is another story that is seldom told -- young men from well to do families who choose to serve (e.g. Kennedy, McCain, John Kerry, and Bob Mueller) and young men who get bone spur and other deferments (Trump and possibly Bush).
Didn't Bill Clinton also avoid joining  the military?
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:53 pm

silvermani wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
silvermani wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Good question.  I specifically excluded him because I was comparing the lives of young men who came from privilege. But if you want to call Clinton a draft dodger I have no objection because it is the truth. He rose from poverty, and focused his efforts into bettering himself through education instead of choosing to serve in the military.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:22 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
silvermani wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
silvermani wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Good question.  I specifically excluded him because I was comparing the lives of young men who came from privilege. But if you want to call Clinton a draft dodger I have no objection because it is the truth. He rose from poverty, and focused his efforts into bettering himself through education instead of choosing to serve in the military.

Three of the four names you listed above (McCain, Kerry and Mueller) had military parents, which naturally made them inclined towards Military career including with family approval irrespective of their rich / privileged background. The fourth, Kennedy (JFK) was put into military / Navy service by his rich father, because dad wanted the son to have a big political career later (even Presidency) and he realized that son's military service would be helpful. These certainly were special cases of rich kids sent to the military service, either having the military family background or being groomed for a bid political career (using military service on the resume).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:10 pm

We all have reasons, some of which is based on our backgrounds to do what we end up doing. But I don't believe any of these men were "sent" to the military. They were young men who at the brink of adulthood, chose to serve in the military or chose to ask for fake bonespur deferments.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:35 pm

silvermani wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

comrade casteist carpetbagger will bash anyone that doesn't conform to his shitty half baked neurotic ideals

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:40 pm

Oh Yes. I married a Kanndiga ABCD for green card, that gives me right to call others castiest even though I admire politicians of my caste no matter what.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:40 am

confuzzled dude wrote:Oh Yes. I married a Kanndiga ABCD for green card, that gives me right to call others castiest even though I admire politicians of my caste no matter what.
Holy Reddy! So much passive-aggressive anguish, Comrade?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down