Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IPL - 5 auction

4 posters

Go down

IPL - 5 auction Empty IPL - 5 auction

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Some got a great bidding, and many stalwarts left unsold. With Sreesant, Jadeja, and other unwanted test players making big bucks in IPL, why should tests matter?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

IPL - 5 auction Empty Re: IPL - 5 auction

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:22 pm

i am surprised Vinay Kumar was bought for 1 million dollars--after being thrashed brutally by the Aussies.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:35 pm

since india don't play test cricket anymore, i've shifted my support to pakistan.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Rashmun wrote:i am surprised Vinay Kumar was bought for 1 million dollars--after being thrashed brutally by the Aussies.

Seriously....that is a real puzzle to me, and there are some names I did not even recognize.

Sreesant, RP Singh, Vinay Kumar are all test discards who are commanding a staggering price. It is as if tests really do not matter and the cricketers are better off focusing on gulli-Danda style cricket.

This is a real shame, and in a way good. Bcz similar professional plans are coming up for hockey and soccer, which will make them popular at last.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:36 pm

I find the $1m price tag for Vinay Kumar very puzzling but am happy for him. He comes from a humble background(father is/was an auto driver) and the money will help him to provide for his family.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:46 pm

Part of the reason for high prices for Indian discards is the likely unavailability of England players and partial availability of otherint players.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down