Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It looks like Mueller will do the interview afterall

5 posters

Go down

It looks like Mueller will do the interview afterall Empty It looks like Mueller will do the interview afterall

Post by silvermani Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:22 am

Are you guys celebrating yet?  Smile
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

It looks like Mueller will do the interview afterall Empty Re: It looks like Mueller will do the interview afterall

Post by southindian Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:58 am

Trump has lied his way into the White House. 

Trump lies everyday.

He'll do it again with Mueller.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

It looks like Mueller will do the interview afterall Empty Re: It looks like Mueller will do the interview afterall

Post by silvermani Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:18 am

Not so simple. Mueller with his.legal expertise can easily lead to a perjury situation.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:31 am

silvermani wrote:Not so simple. Mueller with his.legal expertise can easily lead to a perjury situation.
There is no possibility of perjury if you don't lie. Are you beginning to recognize that Trump is prone to lying?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:26 am

Everyone lies and get away with it. It all depends on who/where/when against whom the lie/s are said.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:04 am

FluteHolder wrote:Everyone lies and get away with it. It all depends on who/where/when against whom the lie/s are said.
That's a nice-sounding way to make lying seem acceptable.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:12 am

It is not acceptable but it has been happening and it is the fact. I wish I could tell you more on this without me getting into trouble! Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:43 am

In the context of this thread, let me put it this way. Trump is not the problem. He is a liar, and he knows it, you know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

The problem is with people who willingly support a liar. These supporters do so for various reasons:
  1. Gain something they value: tax cuts, deregulation, tariff protections
  2. Stick it to the uppity groups that they hate (e.g. Muslims, Mexicans, immigrants, gay people, people of color)
  3. Impose their religious views on other Americans by stacking the Supreme Court to set the clock back on abortion, gay marriage, etc.
  4. Because they think it upsets liberals, and they will do almost anything to upset those annoying liberals

The problem is that so many millions of Americans, for one or more of the reasons above, are happy to support a known liar and look sideways at all his problematic behaviors.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:21 pm

FluteHolder wrote:It is not acceptable but it has been happening and it is the fact. I wish I could tell you more on this without me getting into trouble! Smile

Yes everyone lies as Dr.House likes to say, but not all lies are equally pernicious and there's the rub.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:20 pm

Idéfix wrote:In the context of this thread, let me put it this way. Trump is not the problem. He is a liar, and he knows it, you know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

The problem is with people who willingly support a liar. These supporters do so for various reasons:

2. Stick it to the uppity groups that they hate (e.g. Muslims, Mexicans, immigrants, gay people, people of color)
  3. Impose their religious views on other Americans by stacking the Supreme Court to set the clock back on abortion, gay marriage, etc.
  4. Because they think it upsets liberals, and they will do almost anything to upset those annoying liberals

The problem is that so many millions of Americans, for one or more of the reasons above, are happy to support a known liar and look sideways at all his problematic behaviors.
President Trump is not the root cause, he is the symptom. Blame the insensitive politicians who made voters side with him despite his flaws. With all his flaws, he still happened to be a better choice than the nasty career criminal and serial sexual abuser supporter Hitlary. Blame the game, not the player.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:35 pm

Blame the game, not the player. 
I combletley agree. Politics has become a last resort for crooks whether it is India or USA. Very few are rarely good. 

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:30 pm

FluteHolder wrote:Blame the game, not the player. 
I combletley agree. Politics has become a last resort for crooks whether it is India or USA. Very few are rarely good. 

Exactly what do you agree with FH?
Do you agree that:

A) Trump is a better president than Obama.
B) Trump is a better president than what Hillary might have been.
C) A&B

Pick.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:17 pm

BO claimed to be great, but he is/was not. BO DID NOTHING to curb fraudsters esp in Financial industry,  he betrayed the trust by talking nice/sweet but his well trained lawyer crookedness showed it all along. 

Trump got elected in a properly done election (unless Ruskies influenced it as dems claim it). I donot know how HC is better or worse compared to DJT and she has no other qualification  than she was a first lady and former sec.state. But she lost. We donot know how HC would have ruled as P,  so cannot say DJT is better or worse than HC.

I am not saying DJT is great or doing great but he won election and he is the P whether we like it or not. Let them impeach him if he is guilty of wrongdoing. 

People elected DJT so blame them or party for not getting a better choice or not having a good opponent in dems.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:21 pm

You are hedging and not answering my question head on. Why?

Obama never made any self aggrandizing statements. Trump on the other hand has claimed to be the greatest president of the U.S. in many different categories. Your statement is verifiably false as far as the claims each has made about himself.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:28 pm

Regarding financial fraud, the consumer financial protection bureau (CFPB) was set up by Obama/Warren to protect retail investors and home owners. It is being actively taken apart by Mike Mulvaney.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:01 pm

silvermani wrote:
Idéfix wrote:In the context of this thread, let me put it this way. Trump is not the problem. He is a liar, and he knows it, you know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

President Trump is not the root cause, he is the symptom. Blame the insensitive politicians who made voters side with him despite his flaws. With all his flaws, he still happened to be a better choice than the nasty career criminal and serial sexual abuser supporter Hitlary. Blame the game, not the player.
Nobody forced you to vote for Trump. Nobody is forcing you to support him. Take personal responsibility for your choices.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:06 pm

FluteHolder wrote:BO claimed to be great
Trump gave himself an A+ just this morning on Fox News. Find me a video of Obama giving himself an A+, or claiming to be great, and I will take your statement seriously.

FluteHolder wrote:Trump got elected in a properly done election (unless Ruskies influenced it as dems claim it). I donot know how HC is better or worse compared to DJT and she has no other qualification  than she was a first lady and former sec.state. But she lost. We donot know how HC would have ruled as P,  so cannot say DJT is better or worse than HC.

I am not saying DJT is great or doing great but he won election and he is the P whether we like it or not. Let them impeach him if he is guilty of wrongdoing. 

People elected DJT so blame them or party for not getting a better choice or not having a good opponent in dems.
Trump and Obama were both duly elected. The question to which you replied -- but did not answer -- was not whether Trump or Obama was duly elected president. The question was about their relative performance in that office. You said what you didn't like about Obama's performance. You didn't say what you think about Trump's performance. I wonder why.

The point of Obama's performance that you dislike is shared by me. I think he should have aggressively pursued financial criminals. One objectively good thing he did to protect people from those financial criminals was establishing the CFPB. Trump and Mulvaney are doing everything to dismantle that. You didn't say what you think about that. I wonder why.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:13 am

Idéfix wrote:
silvermani wrote:

Nobody forced you to vote for Trump. Nobody is forcing you to support him. Take personal responsibility for your choices.
Right. No one "forces" you to vote for anybody. Forced in this context means pushed into a corner with no viable alternative. And, the voting system is by secret ballot for a reason. You or any other "intellectual" has no right whatsoever to chide people for exercising their voting right.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:35 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:You are hedging and not answering my question head on. Why?

Obama never made any self aggrandizing statements. Trump on the other hand has claimed to be the greatest president of the U.S. in many different categories. Your statement is verifiably false as far as the claims each has made about himself.
Obummer claimed credit for the so called economic recovery which was an illusion caused by the Federal reserve's easy money fueled asset bubble. http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/06/obama-takes-credit-for-economic-recovery-thanks-himself-video/
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:00 am

silvermani wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:You are hedging and not answering my question head on. Why?

Obummer claimed credit for the so called economic recovery which was an illusion caused by the Federal reserve's easy money fueled asset bubble. http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/06/obama-takes-credit-for-economic-recovery-thanks-himself-video/
Awww Asshole,

So Obama did not turn around the economy and saved/added millions of jobs? Who got the unemployment rate down from 9% to 4.8% in his 8 years?

If someone else did that under Obama then you commending Pussy-grabber doing great things in One-and-half years must also be fake. 

Right! you moron.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:08 am

southindian wrote:
silvermani wrote:

Awww Asshole,

So Obama did not turn around the economy and saved/added millions of jobs? Who got the unemployment rate down from 9% to 4.8% in his 8 years?

If someone else did that under Obama then you commending Pussy-grabber doing great things in One-and-half years must also be fake. 

Right! you moron.
Food stamp usage reached peak level under Obummer. Unemployment numbers do not count long term unemployed.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:31 am

Food stamp program trends over the years:

It looks like Mueller will do the interview afterall Food-Stamps-Percent

Totally Obama's fault that it went up like that -- he inherited a great economy and just moved a lot of people on to food stamps!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down