Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

48 mistakes in Tamil NEET questions. None reported in Hindi

5 posters

Go down

48 mistakes in Tamil NEET questions. None reported in Hindi Empty 48 mistakes in Tamil NEET questions. None reported in Hindi

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed May 09, 2018 11:37 pm

Outrage over outrage in NEET in Tamil Nadu

There were 68 mistakes in Tamil NEET question paper. Instead of siruththai (leopard) the word Sita (a female name). instead of vithai (seed), vathai (hurt). How can Tamil students get goo0d grades? No error in Hindi papers were reported.

Why should Tamil Nadu be part of this evil India?

https://www.dailythanthi.com/News/State/2018/05/10024033/Select-the-NEET-exam-in-the-Tamil-way-68-word-errors.vpf

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

48 mistakes in Tamil NEET questions. None reported in Hindi Empty Re: 48 mistakes in Tamil NEET questions. None reported in Hindi

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 10, 2018 12:23 pm

What is NEET?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

48 mistakes in Tamil NEET questions. None reported in Hindi Empty Re: 48 mistakes in Tamil NEET questions. None reported in Hindi

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Fri May 11, 2018 10:23 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:What is NEET?

NEET is the colonial Indian union government mandated entrance exam for admission to medical colleges all over India even those that are fully funded by the state government. Due to the historic blunder of a Supreme court bench which has not yet delivered the final judgement, it has been mandated all over India and caused a tragic suicide death of a Tamil girl student from a very poor socio-economic-caste background last year.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kudanthaikaaran Wed May 16, 2018 7:32 pm

This is really stupid and somebody must be prosecuted for the utterly incompetent way NEET has been handled, especially in Thamizhnadu. 

I saw a youtube video of students of TN having to go other states to take the test ! If they cannot arrange test centers in the big state of TN, this is beyond incompetence and is criminal negligence.

On top of that this report, if true, of this many errors just does not make sense. Obviously no quality check was done in the Thamizh translation

Kudanthaikaaran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed May 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Kudanthaikaaran wrote:This is really stupid and somebody must be prosecuted for the utterly incompetent way NEET has been handled, especially in Thamizhnadu. 

I saw a youtube video of students of TN having to go other states to take the test ! If they cannot arrange test centers in the big state of TN, this is beyond incompetence and is criminal negligence.

On top of that this report, if true, of this many errors just does not make sense. Obviously no quality check was done in the Thamizh translation

THANKS

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu May 17, 2018 8:17 am

Kudanthaikaaran wrote:This is really stupid and somebody must be prosecuted for the utterly incompetent way NEET has been handled, especially in Thamizhnadu. 

The reason behind such confusion and mistakes could be that Tamil (lacking enough letters to represent all possible sounds separately) and the Tamilians (used to Tamil as their mother-tongue which has several cases of one letter representing many sounds)  could not handle properly the question papers and subject matter originating in other languages using Sanskrit's extensive alphabet (a separate letter for each sound, such as in Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam etc.).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

48 mistakes in Tamil NEET questions. None reported in Hindi Empty NEET & Thamizh

Post by Kudanthaikaaran Fri May 18, 2018 2:10 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:

The reason behind such confusion and mistakes could be that Tamil (lacking enough letters to represent all possible sounds separately) and the Tamilians (used to Tamil as their mother-tongue which has several cases of one letter representing many sounds)  could not handle properly the question papers and subject matter originating in other languages using Sanskrit's extensive alphabet (a separate letter for each sound, such as in Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam etc.).

I saw the examples of the mistakes and none of them have anything to do with sounds that cannot be written in Thamizh. In fact they are not even technical jargon where the mistakes are. Sheer negligence.

Secondly, making students travel out of state to take an exam? 

BTW even technical jargon that involve strange (to Thamizh) can always be represented in Thamizh, like in anyother language. Just see the way I write the 'zh' to represent that 3rd (last letter) of the name Thamzih - there is no corresponding letter in English to represent that sound so you combine to create.

Kudanthaikaaran

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri May 18, 2018 2:40 pm

Kudanthaikaaran wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

I saw the examples of the mistakes and none of them have anything to do with sounds that cannot be written in Thamizh. In fact they are not even technical jargon where the mistakes are. Sheer negligence.

BTW even technical jargon that involve strange (to Thamizh) can always be represented in Thamizh, like in anyother language. Just see the way I write the 'zh' to represent that 3rd (last letter) of the name Thamzih - there is no corresponding letter in English to represent that sound so you combine to create.
'Sheer negligence' on whose part, TN officials or the outsiders, considering especially that there are no similar large scale complaints about this test involving other states (not even from Kerala, Karnataka, Telangana and A.P., next door to T.N.)?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Fri May 18, 2018 8:54 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Kudanthaikaaran wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

'Sheer negligence' on whose part, TN officials or the outsiders, considering especially that there are no similar large scale complaints about this test involving other states (not even from Kerala, Karnataka, Telangana and A.P., next door to T.N.)?

Similar complaints received from Bengal as well. 

https://m.dailyhunt.in/news/india/english/kolkata+24+7+english-epaper-koleng/students+upset+over+errors+in+neet+bengali+question+paper-newsid-87341674

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat May 19, 2018 10:58 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Kudanthaikaaran wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

https://m.dailyhunt.in/news/india/english/kolkata+24+7+english-epaper-koleng/students+upset+over+errors+in+neet+bengali+question+paper-newsid-87341674
It's even looking like a mischief on the part of some Bengalis and TNers in their respective anti-Center state Govts. to create confusion about this national program (NEET), somewhat similar to the big fuss previously by Tamil politicians after Tamil was somehow left out of the language list for national awards.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

48 mistakes in Tamil NEET questions. None reported in Hindi Empty NEET

Post by Kudanthaikaaran Sun May 20, 2018 4:16 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Kudanthaikaaran wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

It's even looking like a mischief on the part of some Bengalis and TNers in their respective anti-Center state Govts. to create confusion about this national program (NEET), somewhat similar to the big fuss previously by Tamil politicians after Tamil was somehow left out of the language list for national awards.

I do not know the authority that is responsible for the NEET exams but whoever it is, has to own this investigation. It could be mischief but I don't see the idiots in the TN government capable of thinking and executing this. In fact the only person alive in TN politics that has any brains to cook up such scheme is Karunanidhi but he is almost comatose I think and none of his party members have the ability to even execute it. This should be easy to investigate and find out - since it'd be just a half dozen or so people exposed to the question paper in Thamizh before it was used. Secondly,  not arranging sufficient local exam centers - this is cruel on kids and their parents and cannot and should not be forgiven. Heads have to roll. I am in the process of finding the names involved from the education ministry. If they have not started internal investigation yet, it will be escalated.

This cannot be dismissed as the usual anti-modi shenanigans that Thamizh politicians and wanna be leaders rustle up.

Kudanthaikaaran

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue May 22, 2018 8:14 am

Kudanthaikaaran wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Kudanthaikaaran wrote:

I do not know the authority that is responsible for the NEET exams but whoever it is, has to own this investigation. It could be mischief but I don't see the idiots in the TN government capable of thinking and executing this. In fact the only person alive in TN politics that has any brains to cook up such scheme is Karunanidhi but he is almost comatose I think and none of his party members have the ability to even execute it. This should be easy to investigate and find out - since it'd be just a half dozen or so people exposed to the question paper in Thamizh before it was used. Secondly,  not arranging sufficient local exam centers - this is cruel on kids and their parents and cannot and should not be forgiven. Heads have to roll. I am in the process of finding the names involved from the education ministry. If they have not started internal investigation yet, it will be escalated.

This cannot be dismissed as the usual anti-modi shenanigans that Thamizh politicians and wanna be leaders rustle up.
Who knows, it could be anyone, even some evangelist.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down