Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

இந்த வாழ்க்கையே முட்டாள் கூத்து! மரணம் பற்றி எழுத்து சித்தர் பாலகுமாரன் | பகுதி-2

2 posters

Go down

இந்த வாழ்க்கையே முட்டாள் கூத்து! மரணம் பற்றி எழுத்து சித்தர் பாலகுமாரன் | பகுதி-2 Empty Re: இந்த வாழ்க்கையே முட்டாள் கூத்து! மரணம் பற்றி எழுத்து சித்தர் பாலகுமாரன் | பகுதி-2

Post by garam_kuta Mon May 21, 2018 8:15 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
thanks for these two posts. He's one of my most favorite writers from my early days - like late high school. I was most impressed when I read one of his short stories* on the ill treatment of women during those 3 days - I had empathized with many women, in small towns, particularly younger girls who had just come of age and were scared,  who were instructed to stay out and sleep only in the backyard along with the cows that was stinking and where bugs and mosquitoes feast; his other short story I liked then was brahmopadesam. It's was quite disturbing for at that time when I read "Mercury PookkaL" and as I recall, he said, many years later, that he was quite embarrassed/ashamed that he wrote that, like he kind of disowned it, I think. He is one who could define/delineate the interrelationship between love and lust, in an impressive way.

* we all know most of literature/fiction on and about women are written by men which narrate only what men think women are and that's not real, that we know. But balakumaran, in most of his women characters always incorporated or proxied for his wife, who's also a powerful writer.
** like kaNNadaasan, with the "elantha payam" song.
edited once.
and of course, I would be seriously remiss if I didn't add this Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down