Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romantic 70s

Go down

Romantic 70s  Empty Romantic 70s

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2018 6:21 am

Anjoy

Back to top Go down

Romantic 70s  Empty Re: Romantic 70s

Post by garam_kuta Thu May 24, 2018 10:58 am

rasāsvāda wrote:Anjoy

thanks, can't complain much on the collection. RK was, indeed, a phenomenon - difficult explain, why I could never get bored of watching his songs/movies; every time its the same feel, although it should be predictable and therefore less interesting. Perhaps because of it's simplicity:subtlety and control.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2018 12:28 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

thanks, can't complain much on the collection. RK was, indeed, a phenomenon - difficult explain, why I could never get bored of watching his songs/movies; every time its the same feel, although it should be predictable and therefore less interesting. Perhaps because of it's simplicity:subtlety and control.

agreed.. he sure had some charisma. I liked him as a kid, but didn't find him attractive. But when I grew older, i sorta got why women swooned over him. plus i think he had that flawed character/tragic hero thing going for him. he had his airs, and he backed it with his hits. Sometimes that combination is irresistible.And later that same ego was the end of him. But he lived on his terms no matter what. However, such personalities were more in the 70s than now. Professionalism been increasing with every decade.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu May 24, 2018 1:14 pm

rasāsvāda wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

agreed.. he sure had some charisma. I liked him as a kid, but didn't find him attractive. But when I grew older, i sorta got why women swooned over him. plus i think he had that flawed character/tragic hero thing going for him. he had his airs, and he backed it with his hits. Sometimes that combination is irresistible.And later that same ego was the end of him. But he lived on his terms no matter what. However, such personalities were more in the 70s than now. Professionalism been increasing with every decade.

but then most of the so called not-so-attractive men like Rajkapoor and such thrived only playing pity-demanding roles - and in the side lots of female flesh exposure to support; particularly actor and director BhAgyarAj in tamil film industry who in addition to cheap exposure, also introduced crassness and vulgarity into script-writing in the very late 70s that succeeded well and continues today.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down