Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kavanaugh's credit card debt

2 posters

Go down

Kavanaugh's credit card debt Empty Kavanaugh's credit card debt

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:26 pm

White House spokesman Raj Shah told The Washington Post that Kavanaugh built up the debt by buying Washington Nationals season tickets and tickets for playoff games for himself and a “handful” of friends. Shah said some of the debts were also for home improvements.

In 2016, Kavanaugh reported having between $60,000 and $200,000 in debt accrued over three credit cards and a loan. Each credit card held between $15,000 and $50,000 in debt, and a Thrift Savings Plan loan was between $15,000 and $50,000.

The credit card debts and loan were either paid off or fell below the reporting requirements in 2017, according to the filings, which do not require details on the nature or source of such payments. Shah told The Post that Kavanaugh’s friends reimbursed him for their share of the baseball tickets and that the judge has since stopped purchasing the season tickets.

Shah did not provide the names of the friends or additional details about the tickets. Kavanaugh, who is known to be a Nationals fan, declined to comment.

Shah said the payments for the tickets were made at the end of 2016 and paid off early the next year.

“He did not carry that kind of debt year over year,” Shah said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh-piled-up-credit-card-debt-by-purchasing-nationals-tickets-white-house-says/2018/07/11/8e3ad7d6-8460-11e8-9e80-403a221946a7_story.html?utm_term=.7be938256c7c

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Kavanaugh's credit card debt Empty Re: Kavanaugh's credit card debt

Post by FluteHolder Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Kavanaugh's credit card debt Avatar-placeholder
[size=16]abrazos

37 minutes ago

Trump:  Find me a guy who will take it easy on me when Mueller comes back with a report on my crimes.

Kavenaugh:  “I believe that the President should be excused from some of the burdens of ordinary citizenship while serving in office. In particular, Congress might consider a law exempting a President—while in office—from criminal prosecution and investigation, including from questioning by criminal prosecutors or defense counsel.”
[/size]

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down