Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100 sexist things women hear

4 posters

Go down

100 sexist things women hear Empty 100 sexist things women hear

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:59 pm

Back to top Go down

100 sexist things women hear Empty Re: 100 sexist things women hear

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:10 am

aise video banakar bharatiya sanskriti ka apman karne ki prayatn mat kijiye..

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:40 am

rasāsvāda wrote:
2018 America is no different. 

Actually 2018 America is exposed well about Sexism, Racism in the great US of A to those aging Indian Americans who once complained about India 15 years ago. Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:14 am

confuzzled dude wrote:aise video banakar bharatiya sanskriti ka apman karne ki prayatn mat kijiye..

lol.. I am sure there are sensitive, well meaning, and fair explanations for all of the above. actually for an Indian video I am more surprised it had only one mention of Fair and Lovely. Like I would be watching someone and think how pretty this girl is, and some older woman around me would go - did she tan a lot this summer? I remember my friends at the time were all but banned from playing cricket for the same reason - you gonna turn black in sun all day. Having said that, I myself am guilty of commenting on some clothes ... it's not about exposing or length, but should look graceful, and i comment if it doesn't. Like, I would rather have you wear an off shoulder dress than wear a lose sweater that keeps hanging off one shoulder. Short shorts are fine, but should be in proportion to the length of your legs, and so on... To be fair to myself, i do that for both boys and girls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:58 am

loose*

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:31 am

sultry clothing and alcohol is a deadly combination.

such an irony that folks spend so much money on clothes with the main objective of getting opportunities that only hasten stripping Crying or Very sad

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:08 pm

garam_kuta wrote:sultry clothing and alcohol is a deadly combination.

such an irony that folks spend so much money on clothes with the main objective of getting opportunities that only hasten stripping Crying or Very sad

haha... 

well, sultry clothing is fine but doesn't have much bearing on things that matter i.e. good seks. it's mostly hormones/mind combo, alcohol helps but not necessary, clothes optional. i know an uncle who would thoroughly do this overweight aunty in the backseat of her car in broad dayligh, even when she showed up wearing full clothes, messy hair, no accessories or perfume, black socks and sneakers, showered many hours ago, no dry cleaning, thick hair at every part of the body where hair could be, and sometimes would even be towards the end of her periods (sorry for tmi)... uncle would be drunk (explains), and aunty would get off like she met god, 3 times. point being... forgot the point, coz my life is so damn miserable right now  Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:31 pm

rasāsvāda wrote:

haha... 

well, sultry clothing is fine but doesn't have much bearing on things that matter i.e. good seks. it's mostly hormones/mind combo, alcohol helps but not necessary, clothes optional. i know an uncle who would thoroughly do this overweight aunty in the backseat of her car in broad dayligh, even when she showed up wearing full clothes, messy hair, no accessories or perfume, black socks and sneakers, showered many hours ago, no dry cleaning, thick hair at every part of the body where hair could be, and sometimes would even be towards the end of her periods (sorry for tmi)... uncle would be drunk (explains), and aunty would get off like she met god, 3 times. point being... forgot the point, coz my life is so damn miserable right now  Sad

Trop Belle Pour Toi movie was just that and there is no question I do believe it 100%

Now, Common Yov..you're good, and one of a kind. It may be raining a little now, and so the rainbow will show up soon for sure.
something like that, from the Baby Driver movie that I watched recently.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:43 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
rasāsvāda wrote:

haha... 

Trop Belle Pour Toi movie was just that and there is no question I do believe it 100%

Now, Common Yov..you're good, and one of a kind. It may be raining a little now, and so the rainbow will show up soon for sure.
something like that, from the Baby Driver movie that I watched recently.

rainbows are there, i lost interest in clicking it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:47 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

read of this movie... i think this plot was also in one of Sidney Sheldon's novels. Bloodline or something. This guy had thin wife with 3 daughters from her, and curvy mistress with 3 sons from her. His life was fine until he got into money troubles...

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:44 am

rasāsvāda wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:aise video banakar bharatiya sanskriti ka apman karne ki prayatn mat kijiye..

lol.. I am sure there are sensitive, well meaning, and fair explanations for all of the above. actually for an Indian video I am more surprised it had only one mention of Fair and Lovely. Like I would be watching someone and think how pretty this girl is, and some older woman around me would go - did she tan a lot this summer? I remember my friends at the time were all but banned from playing cricket for the same reason - you gonna turn black in sun all day. Having said that, I myself am guilty of commenting on some clothes ... it's not about exposing or length, but should look graceful, and i comment if it doesn't. Like, I would rather have you wear an off shoulder dress than wear a lose sweater that keeps hanging off one shoulder. Short shorts are fine, but should be in proportion to the length of your legs, and so on... To be fair to myself, i do that for both boys and girls.
We all are, at one point or another. Living in this country makes one realize of their biases that are seen as normal in other places; I probably wouldn't have realized of these subtle but obvious biases that I'm guilty of, had I stayed in India all my life.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:21 pm

rasāsvāda wrote:

haha... 

the identity of the overweight aunty is clear. only question is if the uncle's name contains the famous brand name of indian frozen food and groceries.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down