Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rahul/Priyanka are already autocratic

2 posters

Go down

Rahul/Priyanka are already autocratic Empty Rahul/Priyanka are already autocratic

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:58 am

The feeling of covert dominance is conspicuous in the entire region. I was told, Priyanka actually behaves like 'Bhaiyaji', her SPG nickname, which in UP is a synonym for strongman. She apparently knows most of the workers in Amethi and if someone falls out of line, she retorts: 'If I see you again, you will face the consequences.' The tone is so menacing that people dare not get on the wrong side of 'Bhaiyaji'.

Rahul is a man in a hurry. He treats his cadre like a regiment and usually deals with matters with a strong hand. Dissent is not tolerated, at all. A senior party worker narrated an incident: 'After the 2009 electoral victory, Rahulji was addressing women workers of a self-help group. Manoj Matoo, once a close aide of Rajiv Gandhi, was with Rahulji. Since Matoo's wife heads the self-help group, the women shouted slogans of "Matooji Zindabad". 'Rahulji didn't show any reaction, but the moment Matoo tried to get into Rahulji's car after the meeting, he was stopped. Rahulji told him, "you are a bigger leader than I am. Drive your own car."

Since then, Matoo has yet to find his bearings in Amethi. Tales of the Gandhi charm, mixed with such innuendos, paint an immensely complex picture about the two hotshot siblings.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Rahul/Priyanka are already autocratic Empty Re: Rahul/Priyanka are already autocratic

Post by MulaiAzhagi Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:11 am

Former Congressman Ashish Shukla, who is now a BSP candidate, accepts he has a 50 per cent chance of winning against Amita but is desperate for a fight, having lost the last assembly elections by just 12,800 votes.
'Mayawatiji wanted development funds for Amethi. The Centre refused. Actually the Gandhis don't want development here. Or else who will vote for them,' he said.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down