Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unholy

2 posters

Go down

Unholy Empty Unholy

Post by desi aunty Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:26 pm

tis one of those songs that's everywhere, radio, reels, shorts, tiktok. gotta share... catchy song, kinda liked some of the choreography too. Content omg though... 

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Unholy Empty Re: Unholy

Post by Kris Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:51 am

I see you are broadening your horizons. Smile
I am in India now for a couple of weeks, where they seem to be catching up with the West on the latest-ahem!- trends.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:30 am

haha.. i was singing this song out loud the other day and the kids cringed... "how does SHE know this song, she should NOT be knowing this song"... oh well, guess i am too old for pop culture now, who knew this day will come. 

have fun in india.. i was there recently, and yeah @ western trends, especially in bigger cities. Lifestyle apart, as long as they don't mix cheese in every goddamn food, i think i will stay quiet.

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:57 pm

It’s a surreal experience. On the one hand, India seems timeless; on the other hand, the roads are a free for all. Even crossing seems to be a harrowing experience. One of my friends who is visiting has been traveling to various temple towns made the observation about the flags all over the place. I was in Pondicherry for a couple of days. The hotel’s bar closed at 10:30, but they said I could order room service. When I called, they said the only thing I could get was Beer (and for some reason, only Tuborg). Hey, did you not live in Pondy some time in your childhood?
Another interaction: one of the drivers told me he used to drive tour buses all over the country and strongly recommended I see Ayodhya and Benares if I want a spiritual rejuvenation. Not sure what brought this on.
You can never tire of India Wink

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:52 am

Yeah. Traffic is a nightmare. I had to plan my days so that I’m never in rush hour traffic. 
Never lived in or visited Pondy
Have been hearing a great deal about Benares and rishikesh. From people who visited recently. Especially Rishikesh. And i know people planning to visit ayodhya next year. I want to see river Ganga in its full glory. Never seen it. And now is probably a good time when they have cleaned it up. 
And while we are on the topic, let’s shake our heads collectively about pollution. I was in Delhi and my friend was like - that’s qutub minar, don’t tell me later I didn’t show you it. I looked up, and looked at a plane flying and there was so much smog (not just fog) that it felt like I was in some war zone.

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down