Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demand-Supply synthesis: Wall Street

Go down

Demand-Supply synthesis: Wall Street Empty Demand-Supply synthesis: Wall Street

Post by charvaka Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:10 pm

I exited the market completely back in November and have been sitting on the sidelines so far. I watched as all my limit buys expired unexecuted, as my favorite stocks AAPL and GOOG soared past the levels at which I sold them, and as the Dow fitfully crosses 13,000. Now even news of rioting in Athens does not affect the Dow much, it's like we are in a full-fledged recovery and the secular trend seems to be upwards. I can't convince myself to get in though. Part of it is that I want to stay in cash for a potential downpayment, but the other part of it is that I can't buy the good news story. Gas prices are inching up closer to 5 bucks a gallon in California, home prices are continuing to fall in most places, and job growth is still quite low. Why is Wall Street defying this synthesis of demand and supply then? What would Akbar do in this situation? How would he invest his money in this market?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down