Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After-birth abortion: Why should the baby live?

4 posters

Go down

After-birth abortion: Why should the baby live?  Empty After-birth abortion: Why should the baby live?

Post by MulaiAzhagi Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:35 pm

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10789084

http://jme.bmj.com/content/early/2012/02/22/medethics-2011-100411.full

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

After-birth abortion: Why should the baby live?  Empty Re: After-birth abortion: Why should the baby live?

Post by MulaiAzhagi Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:38 pm

===> I totally reject this.

Every new born has a right to live unless the baby is in severe pain and would not survive after a few days.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

After-birth abortion: Why should the baby live?  Empty Re: After-birth abortion: Why should the baby live?

Post by chameli Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:01 pm

i agree with the article .The mother has opted for abortion of a somewhat developed fetus for obvious reasons ..probably a defect or an anomaly ..

if she has rejected ... then to let the baby live and set it up for adoption ..causing expense of thousands of dollars to society and to the adoptive parents a heart ache ..is in no one's best interests

only a woman will understand this reasoning Smile
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Sara,

Read the first link (only). The article raises some interesting ethical/moral/legal questions.

*I do have a problem with the terminology used (looks like word games to sensationalize/manipulate) in this article. What does "After-birth Abortion" really mean/imply? Technically- the word Abortion cannot be used "After the birth"...the moment the live fetus is "born"..it's a newborn baby- some places they called even an infant..starting at the time of birth. A fetus can be aborted..not a new born/infant.

*Substantively- before birth..state of "viability" of a fetus (ability of the fetus to survive and live outside the uterus of the mother-based primarily on the maturity of the lungs)..is the core moral question..Not too long ago..it was said that a fetus was viable around 28 weeks, they moved it up to 26 weeks, then it was 22- 24 weeks (to me this is perhaps the closest to viability) with all the modern medical tech...now they say 20 weeks can be considered..as viable, which I don't agree with at all.

*As for Abortions- to me after 24 weeks..*Unless the mother's life is at risk..there has to be an extraordinary reason for abortion. Most 3rd trimester legal Abortions are done..only when the mother's life is at risk..since it is really a gut-wrenching decision..and terrible experience for any woman to go through. No woman I have ever known has made the decision lightly..and it's really like losing a child.

Can go on and on..about this.

Thanks for posting Sara..interesting to see the words used to manipulate these days..from calling OB/Gyns "Abortion doctors"..(like they do nothing else..when usually they deliver hundreds of babies, are Surgeons..performing major Gyn surgeries).. adding "Abortion" ..just to mislead and scare everyone.

Last edited by Maria S on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:29 pm

Someone once commented that conservative Republicans believe- life begins at conception, and ends at birth - meanaing, abortion is sin and should be banned, but once the baby is born, natural selection for its health and market forces for its wealth should take over.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:44 pm

I guess so Mr. Indo.

I certainly respect the right of Republicans to disagree and make their own choices..only when they make it a political issue and force women to make reproductive choices..are trying to ban safe "legal" abortion procedures..it becomes scary.*We know this will not affect wealthy and affluent women..they can quitely pay and get it done or even fly to places can have the procedures..while poor women are the ones who will suffer.

*I posted this controversial quote in the game section..in one of Carvaka's quiz threads..

"They [Abortion opponents] love little babies, as long as they're in somebody else's uterus."

-Dr. Joycelyn Elders (First Black Woman Surgeon General of the US)

I agree with her that the same people who say "life begins at conception and is sacred" ..are the ones who will try to cut food, health, education- all welfare benefits for the poor babies once they "are born".. magically lives become less sacred..and they are the same people who also support the death penalty and bomb other countries- with plenty of babies.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down