Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Absolutely Morontic

4 posters

Go down

Absolutely Morontic Empty Absolutely Morontic

Post by doofus_maximus Wed May 11, 2011 3:12 pm

oops sorry romantic..

An Unexpected Time-Lapse Memory

I find that the best things in life are often unexpected.

I woke up this morning to a beautiful day in New York City. Rather than waste it, I decided to take my camera into Central Park and snap some photos. After putzing around for about an hour and taking some [rather lame] pictures, I decided to do a time-lapse of the Bethesda Fountain. Often a nice tourist spot, I figured I would get a cool looking time lapse of the crowd. I set my camera and my intervelometer to take a photo every 5 seconds. About a minute in though, it started to drizzle. I packed up my gear and headed home.

The time-lapse amounted to less than a half of a second when played back at normal speed. Not surprising since I only recorded a photo every 5 seconds for 1 minute. I was about to delete the sequence when something in my head said “review them before deleting.”

And that’s when I saw it. Directly in the middle of the frame, as if I had planned it: a man proposing to his girlfriend. 50 seconds. 10 pictures. A fleeting moment now relive-able.

I don’t know who this couple is or where they’re from. I don’t know if they’re New Yorkers or here on vacation. Finding them will be near impossible. But in this social world of Facebook and Twitter, I’m hoping we can track them down. This is something they should have.

UPDATE 5/11: So far no leads have turned up, yet the word is slowly spreading. I realize adding the time might be helpful, so… I was taking these photos on Saturday May 7th at around 12:41 pm in Central Park. Please post it on Facebook/Twitter, maybe go back to Saturday’s posts and see if any of your friends congratulated anyone on a recent engagement. Anything might and can lead us to this couple!

Click below for the pictures...

http://michaeljustinfilms.com/an-unexpected-time-lapse-memory/
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Absolutely Morontic Empty Re: Absolutely Morontic

Post by CroMagnon Wed May 11, 2011 3:30 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:oops sorry romantic..

Moronic was the correct sentiment!

A few observations:

• Looking at the scattered clouds it is hard to believe it started raining while the person was taking those shots

• The guy might just be picking something up which had fallen down

• Even if the guy was proposing, who would want these lame pics where you can't see anything?
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 3:31 pm

I can't even bring the link.

Back to top Go down

Post by garamkuta Wed May 11, 2011 3:45 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:oops sorry romantic..

Moronic was the correct sentiment!

A few observations:

• Looking at the scattered clouds it is hard to believe it started raining while the person was taking those shots

• The guy might just be picking something up which had fallen down

• Even if the guy was proposing, who would want these lame pics where you can't see anything?

phew! am i not glad that the tradition has not changed with the roles reversed - guy standing and the woman proposing.. these kind of blurry pictures may really mean something else Twisted Evil

garamkuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:I can't even bring the link.
ऐ-फॊन कहां गया?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down