Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoojie

+4
Kris
Hellsangel
chameli
Maria S
8 posters

Go down

Hoojie Empty Hoojie

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:56 pm

where you? keep posting every once in a while. (sorry if you posted and I missed it)

Back to top Go down

Hoojie Empty Re: Hoojie

Post by Maria S Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Have been thinking about him, and looked for him this morning.

Good you posted this thread Tracy. Hope he is doing better.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:07 pm

hoojie being huzefa ? ok Smile

me too... hope he is doing well
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:48 am

ya i am doing better now. am on my path to recovery. thank you all for your wishes. Smile i will update once i have made significant progress and it will take time.

*did read this post yesterday but waited till today to post lest i jinx myself*

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:49 am

Good to see you.

take care HK.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:51 am

good to see you too maria. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:52 am

good to see all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:07 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:good to see all.

Where is your 'Good Morning' greeting, #1? Bad-tamiz!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:14 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:where you? keep posting every once in a while. (sorry if you posted and I missed it)

>>> When I first read Hoojie, I thought 'who?-ji' Smile
Anyway, glad to see HK reporting in.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:52 pm

hi guys. i am doing great actually. but i have understood the root of my problems. the problem lies with an awful drug (family) prescribed by docs. recklessly like xanax etc. they are more dangerous than some of the most dangerous illegal substances. i do not wish to share any more details (unless pm'd). i have planned my next five years of recovery. it is going to be difficult. but, for now, i am signing out of this forum. my mind is too preoccupied in other forums concentrated to my recovery -- and focused on my business and my family. adios and keep smiling always. Smile and never buy that sleeping pill!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:59 pm

do what you have to. glad you are on top of this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:hi guys. i am doing great actually. but i have understood the root of my problems. the problem lies with an awful drug (family) prescribed by docs. recklessly like xanax etc. they are more dangerous than some of the most dangerous illegal substances. i do not wish to share any more details (unless pm'd). i have planned my next five years of recovery. it is going to be difficult. but, for now, i am signing out of this forum. my mind is too preoccupied in other forums concentrated to my recovery -- and focused on my business and my family. adios and keep smiling always. Smile and never buy that sleeping pill!

>>>Hey, good luck and wish you a rapid recovery.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:21 am

good luck, kapasi.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:34 am

Xanax is the shortest acting sedative amongst the benzodiazepines.

to be effective this needs to be taken at least 3 times a day .which also means the patient gets used to the drug and keeps needing more of it ..increased tolerance

which again means the patient quickly becomes addicted

withdrawl from the drug is just as bad

probably what Huzefa is saying

good luck huz/huf
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:21 am

yes chams you are abs. right. it is very difficult to get off of it (every time i tried to get off, i entered into shock, leading docs to reinstating it and starting anti depressants). quitting xanax causes depression and i am not mentally ill per se though that knowledge does not ameliorate my condition. i have to continue xanax and embrace healthy living first. at least i am functional now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:37 am

nice to see you back AB! vacationing in arctic tundra were you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:38 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:nice to see you back AB! vacationing in arctic tundra were you?

welcome back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:46 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:nice to see you back AB! vacationing in arctic tundra were you?

hehe. i traveled to philippines for work for a couple of weeks and then got busy once i was back. now i am free for about a month or so. hope you are doing good, HK.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:02 am

huzefa,

one just has to hang in there during the withdrawal phase .it does go away in 48 to 72 hours but those are the worst 72 hours of one' s life

many people can't take the awful debilitating state of affairs ..and go back to the drug .

looks like u are faring better Smile
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:33 am

chameli wrote:one just has to hang in there during the withdrawal phase .it does go away in 48 to 72 hours but those are the worst 72 hours of one' s life

ha ha ha. look up "benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome" on wikipedia. withdrawals (even from a low dose like mine is) can last from six months to a year with NO signs of abating during this period. healing is not a linear progression in this withdrawal. and the withdrawals are severe -- i've been through them twice for two weeks. imagine sticking your finger in the household current socket and staying like that for 6 months! it is estimated that 60% of people who quit this medicine abruptly commit suicide (can't remember the link). but, yes, most doctors think like you. they are not aware of the withdrawals (the pharma companies never told them) and mistake your condition for a psychiatric illness. to avoid or minimize the withdrawal symptoms, the withdrawal has to be a taper withdrawal over a long period of time.

looks like u are faring better Smile

yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:35 am

Another Brick wrote:

hehe. i traveled to philippines for work for a couple of weeks and then got busy once i was back. now i am free for about a month or so. hope you are doing good, HK.

any stories to tell? nudge nudge wink wink

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:36 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:do what you have to. glad you are on top of this.

no offense but this is what my idiot boss says when he doesnt understand my update or things gets too technical for him.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:55 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

no offense but this is what my idiot boss says when he doesnt understand my update or things gets too technical for him.

Arre, I didn't want to get too intrusive. You know me. Once I get involved in someone's life, I may even start keeping a mood/medicine calendar for them. Learning to become hands-off. Lessons learned the hard way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:05 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Arre, I didn't want to get too intrusive. You know me. Once I get involved in someone's life, I may even start keeping a mood/medicine calendar for them. Learning to become hands-off. Lessons learned the hard way.

I wasnt saying you were getting intrusive. just reacting to those two statements which my boss uses regularly

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

I wasnt saying you were getting intrusive. just reacting to those two statements which my boss uses regularly

The one phrase that really gets my goat @ work is "end to end"...Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:24 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:Arre, I didn't want to get too intrusive. You know me. Once I get involved in someone's life, I may even start keeping a mood/medicine calendar for them. Learning to become hands-off. Lessons learned the hard way.

OMG i am freaking out reading this and have become suicidal again. my shotgun is loaded now! please, it is not my intention to labour you guys into keeping such an "intrusive" record on my progress (making calendars etc.). i post about my situation only because i feel like posting. let me be happy with that. i am not soliciting any help here -- this is not the right forum for that and nor is any e-forum right for that. just chill tracy? (uptalk)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:30 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:Arre, I didn't want to get too intrusive. You know me. Once I get involved in someone's life, I may even start keeping a mood/medicine calendar for them. Learning to become hands-off. Lessons learned the hard way.

OMG i am freaking out reading this and have become suicidal again. my shotgun is loaded now! please, it is not my intention to labour you guys into keeping such an "intrusive" record on my progress (making calendars etc.). i post about my situation only because i feel like posting. let me be happy with that. i am not soliciting any help here -- this is not the right forum for that and nor is any e-forum right for that. just chill tracy? (uptalk)

LOL. Fine. But once you are out of this, I want to lecture you about something. I know you don't care, but I would anyway. I won't lecture now, coz as of now you won't be able to do anything about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:34 pm

OK. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:56 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Another Brick wrote:

any stories to tell? nudge nudge wink wink

no, sir. but i must say i was impressed by what i saw in manila. american influence on the Philippines is very obvious and metro manila looks just like any downtown in the US. roads are good, traffic disciplined (it is bad during rush hours but disciplined). nobody drives like a maniac. no foolish drivers driving in the opposite direction, no stray animals, no idiots parking their vehicles in the middle of the road and no honking. the business district was quite clean. i could not visit any other parts of the country.

it is just another third world country yet so much better (at least the capital) than the best part of the best cities in India (nariman point or worli, for example). it made me think. close to 70 years since independence and fuqers in india can't even put trash in the trash bin nor can they drive like a civilized lot. superpower, my a$$. more like superpauper with no hopes.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:02 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:hi guys. i am doing great actually. but i have understood the root of my problems. the problem lies with an awful drug (family) prescribed by docs. recklessly like xanax etc. they are more dangerous than some of the most dangerous illegal substances. i do not wish to share any more details (unless pm'd). i have planned my next five years of recovery. it is going to be difficult. but, for now, i am signing out of this forum. my mind is too preoccupied in other forums concentrated to my recovery -- and focused on my business and my family. adios and keep smiling always. Smile and never buy that sleeping pill!
Good luck and hoe you have a speedy recovery Hu. Look forward to setting you here again in future.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:21 am

Kris wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:where you? keep posting every once in a while. (sorry if you posted and I missed it)

>>> When I first read Hoojie, I thought 'who?-ji' Smile
Anyway, glad to see HK reporting in.

I thought she meant "Hu ji" and perhaps #1 is onto some new kind of China-India Synthesis.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:35 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote: and never buy that sleeping pill!

Hmm. Thanks. Will take your valuable advice.

May the benzodiazepine get flushed out of your system fast!

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:23 pm

hoojie

. Sorry but it cant be six months of withdrawal.unless there are other reasons .

xanax will cause intense unimaginable withdrawal symptoms within 12 hours yes but after 3 -4 days it abates

never mind that..... each patient is different

i didn't mean to elaborate thus but ive had friends who have had it bad with this drug ...I know how they have dealt with it
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down