Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos erupts in Uttar Pradesh

Go down

Chaos erupts in Uttar Pradesh Empty Chaos erupts in Uttar Pradesh

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:19 pm

Lucknow: Incidents of violence involving Samajwadi Party (SP) workers show no signs of abating. The incidents which started soon after SP posted a huge win in the UP assembly election on Tuesday, continued on Thursday raising serious doubts over repeated statements by the party’s youth icon Akhilesh Yadav that ‘goondaism’ would not be tolerated. In fact, it was precisely because of the severe law and order problem during the last SP regime that the party was booted out of power in 2007.

SP workers indulged in firing and brick-batting in Bimbiya village of Reusa area in Sitapur district on Thursday. They later set several huts afire. A local police official told reporters that the workers were supporters of the local SP candidate who had won. Six people were injured in the incident. The attackers allegedly beat up these people in Reusa and set their huts afire, charging them with voting for another candidate. A case has been registered against 12 miscreants, while two of the attackers have been arrested.

In the Gangu Nangla village of Garh Mukteshwar in Panch Sheel Nagar district of west UP, SP workers damaged a statue of Dr BR Ambedkar. They were also reported to have beaten up several Dalit supporters of the BSP in an election-related dispute.

In Agra, the husband of the ‘pradhan’ of Parvatipura village falling in Bah assembly constituency was killed in election-related enmity. A number of SP workers are alleged to have been involved in the murder. In another incident, SP workers damaged huts belonging to Dalits in Bhadohi in eastern UP. Reports reaching here said the dispute was related to the recently concluded election.

The disturbances had, in fact, broken out at several places in UP on Tuesday evening soon after it became clear that the SP had bagged a comfortable majority on its own.

The first incident was reported from Sambhal in Bhimnagar district of western UP where rejoicing SP workers indulged in indiscriminate celebratory firing in which a seven-year-old boy was killed.

In Jhansi, rampaging SP workers damaged government property at a counting centre in Babina area. The party men were upset over a technical snag in the EVMs. SP workers damaged media cameras and held over a dozen journalists hostage for several hours.

SP workers agitated over the loss of a candidate in Ferozabad blocked traffic on National Highway-2 and indulged in stone-pelting. Police had to fire tear gas shells to quell the mob. One person was killed in the incident.

http://www.dnaindia.com/mobile/report.php?n=1659978

Back to top Go down

Chaos erupts in Uttar Pradesh Empty Re: Chaos erupts in Uttar Pradesh

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:51 pm

This is a golden chance for Mulayam and Akilesh. If they do a Nitish in UP, then Akilesh can becomee a PM in the future. Instead if they continue to follow MulayamNama, then both will progress no where.

I will make Nitish the PM - if I have a chance. Then Omar Abdullah is the second choice. Both Jaya and Modi are a bit autocratic for me, who are my third choice(s).

Now that I mentioned these names, they will have zero chances of becoming PM.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:This is a golden chance for Mulayam and Akilesh. If they do a Nitish in UP, then Akilesh can becomee a PM in the future. Instead if they continue to follow MulayamNama, then both will progress no where.

I will make Nitish the PM - if I have a chance. Then Omar Abdullah is the second choice. Both Jaya and Modi are a bit autocratic for me, who are my third choice(s).

Looks like MulayamNama is going to be followed:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Samajwadi-Party-goons-attack-cops-for-trying-to-do-their-job/articleshow/12215204.cms

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:This is a golden chance for Mulayam and Akilesh. If they do a Nitish in UP, then Akilesh can becomee a PM in the future. Instead if they continue to follow MulayamNama, then both will progress no where.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Samajwadi-Party-goons-attack-cops-for-trying-to-do-their-job/articleshow/12215204.cms

I noticed from the beginning you are anti-Mulayam and jumped from the word go. You wanted the Phoney Rahul Gandhai and disappointed at his loss.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:25 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I noticed from the beginning you are anti-Mulayam and jumped from the word go. You wanted the Phoney Rahul Gandhai and disappointed at his loss.

i am not a Rahul Gandhi supporter. i think he lacks charisma because of which he is not a vote getter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down