Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes to Massachusetts Alimony law

2 posters

Go down

Changes to Massachusetts Alimony law Empty Changes to Massachusetts Alimony law

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:28 am

...now the lower earning spouse is entitled to SOME help based on need for a limited time - instead of indefinite period in the earlier law. Interesting.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Changes to Massachusetts Alimony law Empty Re: Changes to Massachusetts Alimony law

Post by Kris Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:41 am

I didn't know about this indefinite period routine. My first boss used to tell me he wished his ex would get married again pronto. The payments were putting a dent in his wallet. Makes sense now..

Kris

Back to top Go down

Changes to Massachusetts Alimony law Empty Re: Changes to Massachusetts Alimony law

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:55 am

Kris wrote:I didn't know about this indefinite period routine. My first boss used to tell me he wished his ex would get married again pronto. The payments were putting a dent in his wallet. Makes sense now..

I have decided against moving to these liberal states.....Razz

Kansas is THE place for real men.

It is interesting to read that the divorced spouses(mostly ex-wives) started remarrying once the law changed.

P.S things in India are also moving along the lines of American divorce laws. I noticed a desi couple worried about their son marrying a Whitie - and the potential divorce/alimony etc..etc.. Looks like worries about kids never end.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down