Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And now, carry-on fees

+3
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Merlot Daruwala
charvaka
7 posters

Go down

And now, carry-on fees Empty And now, carry-on fees

Post by charvaka Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:15 pm

First they added fees for checked bags, and airlines are now charging for your carry-on bag if you put it in the overhead bin. It was only Spirit that did it so far, but now Allegiant joins in the fun. "Monkey see, monkey do" indeed.

CNN reports:

The airline plans to charge between $10 and $30 for carry-on luggage stored in overhead bins on flights booked after the fee is implemented overnight.

"Since there's no regulation banning such a fee, and especially because overhead bin space has not kept up with demand from passengers trying to avoid fees (leading to countless fights and unpleasantness for both passengers and crew) I don't see why at least one legacy carrier wouldn't try it."
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

And now, carry-on fees Empty Re: And now, carry-on fees

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:07 pm

Oh the joys of "unbundling". Here are some more unbundling ideas for the future:

Rest-room fee

Arm-rest fee

Head-rest fee

Individual seat fee (Duh, for an individual seat of course; the alternative being a place on a long bench with seat belts)
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Oh the joys of "unbundling". Here are some more unbundling ideas for the future:

Rest-room fee

Arm-rest fee

Head-rest fee

Individual seat fee (Duh, for an individual seat of course; the alternative being a place on a long bench with seat belts)
I remember reading Ryanair was going to put a coin-operated locks on restrooms and standing-room "seats." They should also charge oxygen fees for an in-seat, guaranteed drop-down mask in case cabin pressure drops. If you don't pay that fee, you get one mask per section of three seats and you have to fight it out with your neighbors.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:55 pm

Hope soon the congress acts to pass a law forcing airlines to allow set carry-on and/or check in.

Or, they can follow the health insurance con-game of discounts. Ticket - $20 (if you dont check in bags) - 15 (for no carry ons) - 10 for using a center seat - 5 for not using bathroom - 5 for not weighing more than 200#

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:21 am

air waitress - "sir, you have been staring at me for more than 5 seconds. that'll be $4.99 including taxes. and you, sir, do you want to open a tab?"

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:22 am

charvaka wrote:First they added fees for checked bags, and airlines are now charging for your carry-on bag if you put it in the overhead bin. It was only Spirit that did it so far, but now Allegiant joins in the fun. "Monkey see, monkey do" indeed.

CNN reports:

The airline plans to charge between $10 and $30 for carry-on luggage stored in overhead bins on flights booked after the fee is implemented overnight.

"Since there's no regulation banning such a fee, and especially because overhead bin space has not kept up with demand from passengers trying to avoid fees (leading to countless fights and unpleasantness for both passengers and crew) I don't see why at least one legacy carrier wouldn't try it."

>>>> There used to be an Indian restaurant on Sunset blvd in L.A where they would charge you extra for the sides like chilly powder. A huge turnoff- I would have preferred it if they had charged me more, instead of engaging in this penny ante cr*p. With the airlines, american started doing the 'box meal' routine when you boarded the plane and of course charged for it (don't know if this is still the case). My reaction to that was the same as to the indian joint. The only problem is if industry as a whole follows suite, you very well can't stop flying.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:10 am

Another Brick wrote:air waitress - "sir, you have been staring at me for more than 5 seconds. that'll be $4.99 including taxes. and you, sir, do you want to open a tab?"

LMAO.. Saamiyaar will have to either fly blindfolded or alter his will to include the air waitress.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:26 am

doofus_maximus wrote:
Another Brick wrote:air waitress - "sir, you have been staring at me for more than 5 seconds. that'll be $4.99 including taxes. and you, sir, do you want to open a tab?"

LMAO.. Saamiyaar will have to either fly blindfolded or alter his will to include the air waitress.

First learn to use proper terminology and give respect to the profession.

It is AirPlane waitress and it is AirPlane drivers - FYI.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:19 pm

extra charge for extra shit ?

dont rule this one out
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Kris wrote:With the airlines, american started doing the 'box meal' routine when you boarded the plane and of course charged for it (don't know if this is still the case). My reaction to that was the same as to the indian joint. The only problem is if industry as a whole follows suite, you very well can't stop flying.
Now pretty much all airlines in the US do this "charge for crappy food" nonsense. Theoretically that should make me more inclined to buy good food before boarding and bring it on the plane, but I invariably end up buying their cold sandwiches and paying $10 for it.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:09 pm

charvaka wrote:
Kris wrote:With the airlines, american started doing the 'box meal' routine when you boarded the plane and of course charged for it (don't know if this is still the case). My reaction to that was the same as to the indian joint. The only problem is if industry as a whole follows suite, you very well can't stop flying.
Now pretty much all airlines in the US do this "charge for crappy food" nonsense. Theoretically that should make me more inclined to buy good food before boarding and bring it on the plane, but I invariably end up buying their cold sandwiches and paying $10 for it.

You are wrong. As usual, you are missing the real intention behind the Airline action in denying food on the plane. Amerika is fat, and they are doing their share in improving the health of all Americans by starving them for 3 to 6 hours.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down