Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how do we attract more people to sign up to join?

+9
Impedimenta
CroMagnon
Propagandhi711
nevada
doofus_maximus
Hellsangel
Admin
charvaka
indophile
13 posters

Go down

how do we attract more people to sign up to join? Empty how do we attract more people to sign up to join?

Post by indophile Fri May 13, 2011 3:32 pm

As of today the membership count here is 50.
I doubt any more would transfer over from the old Sulekha CH to here, at least not in significant numbers (may be 10-20).
So, how do we swell member rolls here?

indophile

Back to top Go down

how do we attract more people to sign up to join? Empty Re: how do we attract more people to sign up to join?

Post by charvaka Fri May 13, 2011 3:33 pm

indophile wrote:As of today the membership count here is 50.
I doubt any more would transfer over from the old Sulekha CH to here, at least not in significant numbers (may be 10-20).
Actually the count is 80... three of which are my handles. And we have a few that never posted.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

how do we attract more people to sign up to join? Empty Re: how do we attract more people to sign up to join?

Post by indophile Fri May 13, 2011 3:43 pm

How do we advertise the neat features we have here - posting from mobile devices, posting in languages, video and picture posting, no advertisements, ability to edit posts, etc. etc., so more folks would sign up?

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 3:53 pm

We may have moved to a better forum, I am STILL not gonna let anyone I know, know about this. Heh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 13, 2011 3:55 pm

indophile wrote:How do we advertise the neat features we have here - posting from mobile devices, posting in languages, video and picture posting, no advertisements, ability to edit posts, etc. etc., so more folks would sign up?
Perhaps if you post on the old CH talking about these features, some of the people who are reluctant to move will listen. The messenger is often more important than the message. Early on, I used to post frequently on old CH about this new forum. I stopped doing this because it became counter-productive coming from me. I hope others will continue to provide a link at old CH to this forum, so infrequent visitors know about this place.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://such.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri May 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Will do it sometime. Got to go now.
I was actually thinking attracting people from more than the old CH. From here, India, UK etc.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri May 13, 2011 4:02 pm

indophile wrote:Will do it sometime. Got to go now.
I was actually thinking attracting people from more than the old CH. From here, India, UK etc.
I am new to search-engine optimization. I am trying to learn the tricks and implement those, so people searching for a desi community forum would see this near the top of their search results. If any CHers have experience with this, I would appreciate their help / advice / tips.

Also, people who participate on other online forums may consider promoting this site in those forums as well.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri May 13, 2011 4:10 pm

charvaka wrote:
indophile wrote:Will do it sometime. Got to go now.
I am new to search-engine optimization. I am trying to learn the tricks and implement those, so people searching for a desi community forum would see this near the top of their search results. If any CHers have experience with this, I would appreciate their help / advice / tips.

Also, people who participate on other online forums may consider promoting this site in those forums as well.

Type in and repeat a few search terms several times over in some thread and make that a sticky for now.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 4:12 pm

advertising this on reddit india forum might help.

I am new to search-engine optimization. I am trying to learn the tricks and implement those, so people searching for a desi community forum would see this near the top of their search results. If any CHers have experience with this, I would appreciate their help / advice / tips

if more people search for something on google and click on forumotion, it will bring forumotion onto the front page of google. all u have to do is search for desi forums/coffeehouse and click on forumotion link. this is how my friend got his blog on google's first page. after sometime the first page was all about him/his linked in profile and his website/his blog and his home on google earth except another guy with same name in the end on first page.

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri May 13, 2011 4:33 pm

one way to improve the hits here will be to prominently display Sasthi's stock picks.. bwahahahaa..
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri May 13, 2011 4:58 pm

We don't. Whoever wants to be here is here. No need for newbies. Even if newbies come in they will be suspected to be proxies of established handles.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 13, 2011 5:23 pm

need to sex it up a little. get a sticky going titled "sex, pictures and innuendo" and you'll get more horntards to signup.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 13, 2011 5:30 pm

also a sticky for the aunties to play anthakshari and discuss bollywood trash

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri May 13, 2011 5:31 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:also a sticky for the aunties to play anthakshari and discuss bollywood trash
LOL
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri May 13, 2011 5:46 pm

put this as a sticky

"Who was the first guy that look at a cow and said," I think that I'll drink whatever comes out of those things when I squeeze them?”

-calvin

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri May 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Bring in Rajnikanth to post here!

Make this as his first post after his death rumours...then this place will be a super hit and that place will be a ju ju bee and (No q bee)

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri May 13, 2011 6:20 pm

We should also have a CH Tweet and CH Facebook...(like fake faces) and have tweet and facebook links here!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri May 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Start a thread here and everyone picks a person from other forum for *coffee* (no romance or mansa involved).
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri May 13, 2011 7:42 pm

artood2 wrote:Start a thread here and everyone picks a person from other forum for *coffee* (no romance or mansa involved).

Ok. Here is the first pick

Tracey - Black Swan coffee
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri May 13, 2011 7:48 pm

They just broke up!

Next!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri May 13, 2011 7:50 pm

Oh I proposed the meeting after the break up. TW has some email that the guy wants back. Wonder if she will ask him to read it aloud before deleting and if he will show up in shorts.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 7:54 pm

artood2 wrote:Oh I proposed the meeting after the break up. TW has some email that the guy wants back. Wonder if she will ask him to read it aloud before deleting and if he will show up in shorts.

LOL @ ask him to read it aloud b4... lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 7:57 pm

artood2 wrote:Oh I proposed the meeting after the break up. TW has some email that the guy wants back. Wonder if she will ask him to read it aloud before deleting and if he will show up in shorts.

Lol. Caught up with this thread right now. Very funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri May 13, 2011 8:00 pm

He just made that up! I am searching entire main house for that non existing post!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Swan Fri May 13, 2011 8:04 pm

my last response didn't show up.
very funny r2d2. now wait for someone to declare that we were an item and we met many times on the train two years from now. this is like being in high school again, not that i am complaining as long as i am part of the drama.

Black Swan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri May 13, 2011 8:05 pm

I propose Maria and FF have coffee and discuss about trying such. LOL they might end up trying something else...

I was only kidding Maria...I knew you would kill me...Razz

See...if FF joins such and Maria follows ....we can confirm that she has a secret crush on him and vice versa! I am watching!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri May 13, 2011 8:07 pm

Black Swan wrote:my last response didn't show up.
very funny r2d2. now wait for someone to declare that we were an item and we met many times on the train two years from now. this is like being in high school again, not that i am complaining as long as i am part of the drama.

dude, it would have been awfully funny if it was not as melodramatic. Its like the songs in movies, where one guy writes a letter and ties it on the pigeon and sends it to the other. Only it is a break up. I am still rolling on the floor seeing all the drama.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri May 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Sasthi wrote:I propose Maria and FF have coffee and discuss about trying such. LOL they might end up trying something else...

I was only kidding Maria...I knew you would kill me...Razz

See...if FF joins such and Maria follows ....we can confirm that she has a secret crush on him and vice versa! I am watching!

FF gets Impy.

I can't pick one for Maria, ideally it will be PI (I specifically mentioned no romance womance involved).
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Swan Fri May 13, 2011 8:10 pm

ff gets impy and i get a break up drama? fml.

Black Swan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri May 13, 2011 8:11 pm

I was only kidding....

I miss Maria Smile

Her hellos and smileys....

PI? Yes, that might work!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri May 13, 2011 8:12 pm

Black Swan wrote:ff gets impy and i get a break up drama? fml.

Please, you can be her back up!

lol

She did say that she misses FF! and I am kinda worried for her...(I can't see her sad!)

lol

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri May 13, 2011 8:14 pm

Black Swan wrote:ff gets impy and i get a break up drama? fml.

sorry dude impy gave her two weeks notice on this and you pretty much picked (picked on?) Tracey. I did not have much choice.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Swan Fri May 13, 2011 8:17 pm

i should have known, i should have known! there was a reason why no one was picking on the bully. now i broke up with my main e-squeeze that i had a crush on, the other one won't drink coffee with me because i bytched about my other squeeze and pi won't have it anyway because i am with benign behna. end of the day no pants, no coffee.

Black Swan

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri May 13, 2011 8:23 pm

"no pants".. you still get to read aloud the emails..

Now that you have broken up, you can still pick up someone here (the unassigned ones).
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri May 13, 2011 8:25 pm

BTW you cannnot pick Seven. she is there more than here. Props and Another Brick are the frontrunner there.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 4:09 am

one way of attracting members is by advertizing on other desi sites (like echarcha.com for example). openly advertizing there will lead to a ban and deletion (the deletion will ensure your message does not reach the target audience). the only other way is through PMs to the active members there. someone with a lot of free time can do this. i will make an initiative and post my progress later.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 14, 2011 9:45 pm

indophile wrote:As of today the membership count here is 50.

for starters, in addition to existing multiple handle(res), everybody should maintain 2,3 handles tongue

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down