Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secularism

Go down

Secularism Empty Secularism

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:43 pm

If there is anyone who is fighting relentlessly for secularism in this country, it is not the Congress. Nor for that matter, any other political party, bar the rigid, doctrinaire Left parties, the CPI and the CPM. People like Mulayam Singh Yadav have their own strange notions, as was evident from what he told me at a brief conversation days after the NDA did its Pokhram II.

The conversation went somewhat like this:

Me: Vajpayee government could not have pressed the button unless preparations were fully made for the blast. It is not possible to have started from scratch soon after them coming to power. That means the government of which you were the defence minister had rolled the ball long ago.

Mulayam Singh Yadav: The only problem is we’d have used the blast for secularism. They did it for communalism.

I am still scratching my head to make sense of that averment. But it seems that he was blathering. This conversation was soon after he addressed a press conference organised by Abu Azmi, at the Ambassador Hotel, Churchgate, Mumbai.

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/for-congress-secularism-is-a-dead-horse-in-gujarat-274662.html

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down