Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Java Cert update

3 posters

Go down

Java Cert update Empty Java Cert update

Post by Nila Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:14 pm

Phew! I cancelled the exam...looks like I got a lot of reading to do. I was thinking fast track and I was so wrong. Nested classes, Static Inner classes....changed my mind!

*personal rant**********

Nila

Back to top Go down

Java Cert update Empty Re: Java Cert update

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:47 pm

good call.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:47 pm

[quote="Sasthi"]Phew! I cancelled the exam...looks like I got a lot of reading to do. I was thinking fast track and I was so wrong. Nested classes, Static Inner classes....changed my mind![quote]

LOL. That's how the certification exams go. Most who get certified never have to use those "static inner" classes. But the certification always asks the fundas strongly. And they also tell you that without fundas you are no code coolie; And ask an experienced code coolie what these are... he would tell you, you do not need to know. Wonder how many of the "* managers" (* = program, release, delivery, package of software) are aware of these after coding for a few years and getting promotions or coming directly from IIMs.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:12 pm

I have no clue that java supports nested classes until I started preparing for the cert. Still couldn't understand it's use -ahem I am a java coolie for about 5 years.

LOL

I just wanted to change my line and before that I wanted to master the skill which I am using for years. (a reasonable wish looks like not an easy one)

Last edited by Sasthi on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:14 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:good call.

The fear of failure and the voucher I bought didn't have a retake option. Good that I was able to return the voucher for a refund.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:31 pm

In my last company was where I saw the use I inner classes done heavily. Not only that, they were also asked heavily in interviews. Glad I remembered the fundas enough to bs about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:54 pm

Sasthi wrote:Phew! I cancelled the exam...looks like I got a lot of reading to do. I was thinking fast track and I was so wrong. Nested classes, Static Inner classes....changed my mind!

*personal rant**********

Static inner class, Class this and Class thathm...sounds very nostalgic to me....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down