Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IIT-JEE today

4 posters

Go down

IIT-JEE today Empty IIT-JEE today

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:37 am

New Delhi: Over 5.6 lakh students will be appearing for the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam (IITJEE)-2012, to be held on Sunday.

IIT-Delhi will be conducting the exam this year for admission to 15 IITs, Institute of Technology-Banaras Hindu University and Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad. The responsibility to conduct the examination is rotated among the IITs, and IIT-Delhi is conducting the examination for the fourth time.

Director of IIT-Delhi, Professor R K Shevgaonkar said, “All preparations are in place and we are ready to conduct the exam.”

Students from 210 cities will take the exam for approximately 9,600 seats in the IITs, 1,000 in Institute of Technology-BHU and about 860 in ISM Dhanbad. Also, 1.4 lakh girls have applied, and this year, they were all exempted from paying the application fee (Rs 1,800), irrespective of the category. “There were roughly 22 per cent girls who registered for JEE last year. This time, 33 per cent of the applicants are girls,” said JEE chairman G B Reddy.

REALLY ??? Feminism going wrong? Instead they should give exemptions for rural students (based on PIN code), SC/ST (only), non-degreed parents, etc.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

IIT-JEE today Empty Re: IIT-JEE today

Post by Kris Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:New Delhi: Over 5.6 lakh students will be appearing for the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam (IITJEE)-2012, to be held on Sunday.

IIT-Delhi will be conducting the exam this year for admission to 15 IITs, Institute of Technology-Banaras Hindu University and Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad. The responsibility to conduct the examination is rotated among the IITs, and IIT-Delhi is conducting the examination for the fourth time.

Director of IIT-Delhi, Professor R K Shevgaonkar said, “All preparations are in place and we are ready to conduct the exam.”

Students from 210 cities will take the exam for approximately 9,600 seats in the IITs, 1,000 in Institute of Technology-BHU and about 860 in ISM Dhanbad. Also, 1.4 lakh girls have applied, and this year, they were all exempted from paying the application fee (Rs 1,800), irrespective of the category. “There were roughly 22 per cent girls who registered for JEE last year. This time, 33 per cent of the applicants are girls,” said JEE chairman G B Reddy.

REALLY ??? Feminism going wrong? Instead they should give exemptions for rural students (based on PIN code), SC/ST (only), non-degreed parents, etc.

>>> Yeah, why not exempt the poor folk instead?

P.S. Coincidentally, the subject came up at a friend's last night. I said I left the hall halfway thru and he said he never took it. Come to think of it, part of the reason I took the test altogether was my brother's badgering. The irony is he himself dropped out of a regional engrg college the first year. My younger brother didn't even bother. In the end, I was the only one who got bamboozled into this, despite my indifference.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:38 pm

Uppiliji
Girl participation went up from 22 to 33 percent. Where can you buy that kind of progress?
Your demand for exemption.to other participants is valid on this context but not at the expense of girls. Let gorls be 50 percent before any incentives are dropped.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:31 pm

truthbetold wrote:Uppiliji
Girl participation went up from 22 to 33 percent. Where can you buy that kind of progress?
Your demand for exemption.to other participants is valid on this context but not at the expense of girls. Let gorls be 50 percent before any incentives are dropped.

Will you also recommend that all girls be given free tuition at any college for any degree until girls reach 50%?

Looks like your argument should be extended to every sphere... how about MPs and MLAs, ministers? Since females constitute LESS than 50% of Indian population, they will never reach 50% for another 500 years. Do you want the Govt. to continue this feebees to continue forever ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:46 pm

In ap girls get free tution beyond high school. I am not for subsidies and reservations. But ifthey exist as in today's india i prefer 50 percent for women as the least discriminatory idea.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:57 am

Why is this examination held in Hindi and English only. It is a hindrance to those studied in mother tonge except Hindians. This gives an edge to Hindians.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down