Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

brain drain, redux

3 posters

Go down

brain drain, redux Empty brain drain, redux

Post by Petrichor Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:52 pm

http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/25/what-is-the-ministry-of-health-trying-to-tell-doctors/?src=rechp

Any student wishing to continue their medical education in the United States would now have to sign a “bond” binding them to return to India once their studies were completed

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

brain drain, redux Empty Re: brain drain, redux

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:06 pm

I saw this on The Hindu last week. I immediately thought it was proposed by our resident anti-medico Uppiliappan AKA Marathadi Saamiyar.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:42 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:I saw this on The Hindu last week. I immediately thought it was proposed by our resident anti-medico Uppiliappan AKA Marathadi Saamiyar.

I actually agree with the proposal. 2 decades back, the docs who came to do their residencies came on J-1 visa requiring them to go back for 2 years.

Why not? in what way the DOCS are contributing to India, by settling here? Engineers contribute in an indirect way - at least.

These MBBS from money-colleges come here, work in some secondary hospital for 3 years and "earn" their M D. In the worse case, these MDs go back and act like real MDs from India (which is fast becoming a fake itself) or the Original MDs from US.

Let them come on a J-1 visa with a need to return for 5 years.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down