Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beautiful Mongolia

5 posters

Go down

Beautiful Mongolia Empty Beautiful Mongolia

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 8:48 pm

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=912670

Back to top Go down

Beautiful Mongolia Empty Re: Beautiful Mongolia

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 13, 2012 9:30 pm

it's beautiful country alright, but just don't make the mistake of looking at the food. you'll get nightmares for days on end.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sun May 13, 2012 9:49 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:it's beautiful country alright, but just don't make the mistake of looking at the food. you'll get nightmares for days on end.

May be Mongols say the same thing about dosai, vadai , idly, sambar and avaiyal.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 13, 2012 9:52 pm

MulaiAzhagi wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:it's beautiful country alright, but just don't make the mistake of looking at the food. you'll get nightmares for days on end.

May be Mongols say the same thing about dosai, vadai , idly, sambar and avaiyal.

here knock yourself out on mongolian delicacies; this is part i/5. you can find the other four parts on youtube. enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfXFI0J8Fsg&feature=related
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 10:22 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
MulaiAzhagi wrote:

here knock yourself out on mongolian delicacies; this is part i/5. you can find the other four parts on youtube. enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfXFI0J8Fsg&feature=related

the food that mongols eat comprises mostly milk products and animal products. vegetables are scarce and hence very expensive.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 13, 2012 10:26 pm

Rashmun wrote:

the food that mongols eat comprises mostly milk products and animal products. vegetables are scarce and hence very expensive.

that much is obvious from the youtube videos i posted. i got the distinct sense if i wasn't paying attention they'd probably cook me and eat me.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 10:31 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

that much is obvious from the youtube videos i posted. i got the distinct sense if i wasn't paying attention they'd probably cook me and eat me.

i think what probably disgusted you was that they don't let any body part of the slaughtered animal go waste. even the blood is turned into blood sausage for instance. but blood sausages are also eaten by the tribals of nagaland. the scarcity of food forces you to eat everything you can--for survival.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 13, 2012 10:35 pm

i've eaten quite a few disgusting things in my time although i primarily eat vegetarian food and the occasional seafood meal these days, but even at the height of my carnivorousness, i'd have drawn a firm line at ears, tongue, palate, and brain.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun May 13, 2012 10:46 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i'd have drawn a firm line at ears, tongue, palate, and brain.

Palate I've not tasted yet. But the rest, I assure you, are absolutely delicious. Pigs ears in particular. There's something about the firm, crunchy texture of cartilage that makes for a great eating experience.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun May 13, 2012 11:08 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i've eaten quite a few disgusting things in my time although i primarily eat vegetarian food and the occasional seafood meal these days, but even at the height of my carnivorousness, i'd have drawn a firm line at ears, tongue, palate, and brain.
That's because you are not "green." Genghis Green Khan was the world's first green king. He killed so many people that the carbon emissions of the world took a dip under his regime. He created Mongolian Food and made it thoroughly green.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon May 14, 2012 1:26 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i'd have drawn a firm line at ears, tongue, palate, and brain.

Palate I've not tasted yet. But the rest, I assure you, are absolutely delicious. Pigs ears in particular. There's something about the firm, crunchy texture of cartilage that makes for a great eating experience.

>>>>Believe it or not, my worry now is what of I tried something exotic and like it. I have tried tongue but not any of the others, to the best of my recollecton. It is this subconscious fear that has stopped me from trying the other items, I think.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon May 14, 2012 1:31 am

Rashmun wrote:http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=912670

>>>Breathtaking is the only word for it.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 5:35 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i've eaten quite a few disgusting things in my time although i primarily eat vegetarian food and the occasional seafood meal these days, but even at the height of my carnivorousness, i'd have drawn a firm line at ears, tongue, palate, and brain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

i think what probably disgusted you was that they don't let any body part of the slaughtered animal go waste. even the blood is turned into blood sausage for instance. but blood sausages are also eaten by the tribals of nagaland. the scarcity of food forces you to eat everything you can--for survival.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down