Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bedbugs..

3 posters

Go down

Bedbugs.. Empty Bedbugs..

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun May 20, 2012 2:15 am

...beat cockroaches in the survival sweepstakes. These mothafuckas just don't die. Even after three professional pest control treatments - which must have cumulatively reduced my lifespan by 6.7 years and increased my risk of cancer by 28%.

Read somewhere that they have a low heat tolerance, so planning to scald them (and their eggs) to death now with a hand-held steamer. Bedbugs, your nemesis is on his way. After a kaapi-break. Enjoy your last five minutes.

PS: I wonder how the Jains deal with pest infestation issues. They're strictly prohibited from taking any life. Do they happily co-exist with the roaches, mice and bugs? Living in one of those Jain enclaves must be hellish for the non-Jains.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Bedbugs.. Empty Re: Bedbugs..

Post by Kumarg Sun May 20, 2012 6:50 am

Have you tried "Laxman Rekha'? Look for it at a local grocery store

Kumarg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 8:33 am

Ouch must be tough in Bombay. Had this issue in the old house when a desi guest bought them in. Or maybe they came from daughter's day care. Coz I used to see same bite marks on another kid like those on my daughter (we never got any bite marks, desis r us). That time, I had pest control over and got rid of it.

But then six months later, either another guest brought them in, or maybe they were never gone but saw them again. Two pest control treatments but they were stubborn this time.

Luckily it was just before winter time, and we had severe winter here. I read that they can't stand harsh cold either. And thus began my craziness. Like going out for entire weekends. Open all bedroom windows. Would raise up all the mattresses for full exposure. Seal the doors' bottom to avoid them escaping (like that would help).

Husband would protest. He believed in coexisting. And was tired of lifting up mattresses and spring boards (I would do this often for checking).

Anyway, did this for 2-3 weekends straight and they were finally gone. Forever.

Once, just once, after our India trip, saw a cockroach in my kitchen sink. Baby cockroach. I screamed like I had seen a ghost, and went ninja on it. Sprayed it down the drain with bleach. It must have died coz saw no more cockroaches. Must have come with our luggage.

Hate bugs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun May 20, 2012 8:47 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:Hate bugs.

Same here. Once they come on my radar, they release the inner genocidal maniac in me. That point on, it's an OCD till they're wiped out. In that murderous mood right now.

Just spent my afternoon taking apart the cot. Now I know how they survived all those toxic treatments. The adults probably died each treatment but they'd laid hundreds of eggs inside the joints of the cot, where nothing would reach. And a couple of weeks down the line, the circle of life would begin all over again. Not this time, mothafuckas. Cook and die.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 8:01 pm

I remember having this problem when i was little when some guests brought these in into my home. They were hard to get rid of. I remember putting all the mattresses in the sun for hours and physically killing the bugs whenever we saw them. It took a few months to get rid of them completely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon May 21, 2012 3:12 pm

Yep we had them when we moved into CA. I mostly blame it on the Gulti neighbors (long story...not interesting so not telling). We were renting a town home and at that time my DD was 7 months. All of the suddent she developed rashes. We took her to the doc and she prescribed some tonic and did ran so many tests on her. One day I realized that she was getting rashes only those days when she slept with me and not on her crib. I saved a twin bed of my ds for her. Whenever I was tried I used to sleep in her room and put her beside me than her crib. (Was tired during nights!)

I checked the bed and surprisingly saw few bugs and couldn't identify them. I called my mom and sent her a picture and she told me it is bed bugs and asked me to put that in a cup of water. I put on the gloves and found some 10 of them. Called the owner and they arranged for pest control. I threw away the bed and frames and head/foot board. The pest controler adviced to cut the bed into pieces so that others don't use them.

After that it was all gone. Surprisingly it was only in that bed and it bit only daughter. The evil bugs!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum