Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CH poster Seva

4 posters

Go down

CH poster Seva Empty CH poster Seva

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 1:38 am

Seva posted (MD) Re: Is lingam a pahllic symbol -- (Shiv-ling and Agni worship- yajna) on 5 yrs ago

Don't agree with this ignorant mud-boy. His job is to toss around mud, hoping some of it sticks around. Probably a hired help!... was brought up in a brahmin family but now he has become an atheist. But that probably is not just his fault alone. He grew up (as he indicated before) in a family of brahmins, who used to mispronounce the Sanskrit words and not understand properly the meaning of even those Vedic shlokas which were part of their priestly recitations. So you see, based on his family’s poor Vedic knowledge, anything related to the Vedas now is type of a revelation to him and totally unbelievable. Considering from where he has started, it’s hard to take his comments seriously or feel offended by his questions.

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/is-lingam-a-pahllic-symbol.htm

Back to top Go down

CH poster Seva Empty Re: CH poster Seva

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 1:56 am

a correction: although he does come from a family of priests, he does not come from a family of brahmins. i think he made this clarification a little after Seva wrote that post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 7:20 am

i thought CH poster Seva was one of the most remarkable of all posters i came across on Sulekha. His life story was certainly inspiring. Born in a poor family of farmers in Himachal Pradesh, he did his undergrad in IIT Kharagpur and then went to do his Masters in Hawai. While in Hawai as a grad student he was renting a room in a house occupied by ten hippies. So he told me. Those two years must have been an amazing experience. I once asked him to write some autobiographical pieces about his life and he said he would think about it.

He and I began our relationship with a somewhat lengthy fight due to our philosophical differences with respect to Indian philosophy. But later it developed into a cordial, and even somewhat warm, relationship. That's something peculiar about fights originating due to philosophical differences--often they result in the posters eventually becoming friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 8:18 am

Rashmun wrote:i thought CH poster Seva was one of the most remarkable of all posters i came across on Sulekha. His life story was certainly inspiring. Born in a poor family of farmers in Himachal Pradesh, he did his undergrad in IIT Kharagpur and then went to do his Masters in Hawai. While in Hawai as a grad student he was renting a room in a house occupied by ten hippies. So he told me. Those two years must have been an amazing experience. I once asked him to write some autobiographical pieces about his life and he said he would think about it.

He and I began our relationship with a somewhat lengthy fight due to our philosophical differences with respect to Indian philosophy. But later it developed into a cordial, and even somewhat warm, relationship. That's something peculiar about fights originating due to philosophical differences--often they result in the posters eventually becoming friends.

Hawaii, not Hawai.

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Wed May 23, 2012 10:29 am

Seva was a gentleman.

It is a fact that Carvaka was constantly ridiculing him and took sadistic pleasure in scoring petty arguments.

No wonder Seva does not want to come here.

Nobody is perfect. Even if you think the other guy is wrong, there is a decent way to refute an argument.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 23, 2012 10:59 am

MulaiAzhagi wrote:Seva was a gentleman.

he is nothing of the kind. he wrote up this blog: "http://seva.sulekha.com/blog/post/2006/02/similarities-between-tamil-and-hindi.htm", and spuriously put me put down as a contributor to the ideas in the blog. i asked him politely at first and cajolingly later to remove my name. when he didn't respond i threatened to write to sulekha at which point he finally removed my name.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 2:19 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

he is nothing of the kind. he wrote up this blog: "http://seva.sulekha.com/blog/post/2006/02/similarities-between-tamil-and-hindi.htm", and spuriously put me put down as a contributor to the ideas in the blog. i asked him politely at first and cajolingly later to remove my name. when he didn't respond i threatened to write to sulekha at which point he finally removed my name.

i had seen that acknowledgement of Seva. If i were in his place i would have retained that acknowledgement in which he stated that his ideas on the subject had developed after discussions with you. Nothing wrong in his stating so. Of course he ought to have clarified that his views on the subject were different from yours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:54 pm

It is a fact that Carvaka was constantly ridiculing him and took sadistic pleasure in scoring petty arguments.

Nobody is perfect. Even if you think the other guy is wrong, there is a decent way to refute an argument.

Paparajan, why do you thing he finally started posting here?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

>>> Okay, Hellsangel, why do you think I finally started posting here?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

>>> Okay, Hellsangel, why do you think I finally started posting here?

I really don't care.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:40 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

I really don't care.

Then why did you keep on insisting in your Sulekha posts that I move to this site?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:42 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

I really don't care.

Then why did you keep on insisting in your Sulekha posts that I move to this site?

I asked you to move here? When and where?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:44 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

I really don't care.

Seva is right. you kept giving links to this forum repeatedly on sulekha asking posters to come here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

I really don't care.

Seva is right. you kept giving links to this forum repeatedly on sulekha asking posters to come here.

Thanks Rashmun.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:50 pm

Sevaji and Rashman, I never asked anyone to move here. But I guess you two could not stay away after all.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down