Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question 4 - Who owns this forum and the infrastructure it is built on?

3 posters

Go down

Question 4 - Who owns this forum and the infrastructure it is built on? Empty Question 4 - Who owns this forum and the infrastructure it is built on?

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:33 pm

As far as I know, this forum was created on a random free website on the Internet. No different from signing up for a free email. But who is the individual or group or company that owns this forum? Who owns the physical servers on which this forum is hosted? What is their responsibility to us? What is our responsibility to them? If something goes wrong technically on this forum, whom can we contact? If the owners of this infrastructure run out of money and want to close down shop, what will happen to this forum? How stable are these owners / company? What power do those superowners have on this forum and its members? What information can they see about us?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Question 4 - Who owns this forum and the infrastructure it is built on? Empty Re: Question 4 - Who owns this forum and the infrastructure it is built on?

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:53 pm

All my information about the Reddit forum comes from this Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reddit

The only thing I know about this site is that it is quite popular on the Internet and has a good reputation with thousands and thousands of users all over the world. In that sense, it is as 'stable and dependable' as any large, popular website on the Internet.

If there are technical issues with the Reddit forum, you can check this link for what to do: http://www.reddit.com/feedback/

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Question 4 - Who owns this forum and the infrastructure it is built on? Empty Re: Question 4 - Who owns this forum and the infrastructure it is built on?

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:03 pm

I don't know the answers to many of these questions. I am posting from my phone now but will do some due diligence in this area. But in general this is like any large provider of forum services.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:12 pm

We need to do more research on this question.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun May 01, 2011 1:18 am

SomeProfile wrote:We need to do more research on this question.
It looks like this forum is owned by a French / Belgian company that provides free forum services. They make money through ads. It is one of the leading providers of forum services -- in the review of forums that Swamiji posted, it shows up as the first option. The site has 6,600 fans on Facebook, going by the Google search results.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 01, 2011 1:24 am

You shouldn't be wasting too much time on this and trying to explain your fairness with such pain. whatever is done is done with good intentions and with no particular agenda. If anyone has problem, then it is their problem.

What next? Trying to convince QB that you are unbiased ?

But, I do resent the fact that a Brahmin is an administrator. Would prefer an OBC.

om Saii

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun May 01, 2011 1:36 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:You shouldn't be wasting too much time on this and trying to explain your fairness with such pain. whatever is done is done with good intentions and with no particular agenda. If anyone has problem, then it is their problem.
Thanks. I am answering these questions assuming many people have similar questions but haven't asked (out of politeness or apathy.) At the end of the day, I don't think SP and I will agree on which option is better, but the dialog is still important.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:But, I do resent the fact that a Brahmin is an administrator. Would prefer an OBC.
I am increasingly convinced you are Uppili.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down