Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need to take a nap

+3
CroMagnon
Another Brick
Merlot Daruwala
7 posters

Go down

Need to take a nap Empty Need to take a nap

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 4:46 am

And rest my back. This office has no place where I can take a quick break. Some of the other org's I worked for had this facility and I sorely miss it. What are some of the office perks you enjoy/have enjoyed

Back to top Go down

Need to take a nap Empty Re: Need to take a nap

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue May 17, 2011 5:02 am

In an earlier role, I had a room all of my own, so I could close the door and nap if I wanted to. And it had a view to kill for. I've spent hours perched on the window sill, looking down at all the downtown activity.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 5:03 am

i don't/can't nap during the day. however my father used to. he had a diwan, something like this,

Need to take a nap Diwan110

in his office behind his char. he would nap whenever he could. as a consequence, he'd sleep only 5 hrs. in the night. his peak time would be at 6 am to 9 am in the morning and again at 6 pm to 9 pm in the evening. at these times he'd do major ungli to his staff and workers (including enquiring about their personal lives and stuff). you can imagine how frustrated his employees must have been.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue May 17, 2011 5:12 am

none. absolutely nothing. i don't even like my paycheck but then given the work i do, i won't disagree if someone calls me overpaid.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue May 17, 2011 5:24 am

I can't think of any great office perk either. Oh wait, I get free parking if I can reach office before 10 am. In South Mumbai, that surely counts as a perk.

I've heard the ladies restroom here has a couch. Gross gender discrimination, I tell ya.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 6:12 am

Another Brick wrote:none. absolutely nothing. i don't even like my paycheck but then given the work i do, i won't disagree if someone calls me overpaid.

:-) What do you do to keep yourself entertained/ mentally active?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 6:14 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:I can't think of any great office perk either. Oh wait, I get free parking if I can reach office before 10 am. In South Mumbai, that surely counts as a perk.

I've heard the ladies restroom here has a couch. Gross gender discrimination, I tell ya.

hmm. You should bribe your female colleagues to smuggle you into the restroom to check it out. After hours , of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue May 17, 2011 6:27 am

if perky crowd is counted, then i have something to talk about. plenty of it here.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Tue May 17, 2011 9:37 am

Another Brick wrote:none. absolutely nothing. i don't even like my paycheck but then given the work i do, i won't disagree if someone calls me overpaid.

If you think this way, all IT professionals are overpaid. It is not about what we do; it is about how many can do what we do that dictates the number on our paycheck.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue May 17, 2011 10:31 am

yeah, i know. of late, i am not adding the kind of value i can add to my org. all the more reason why i think so. two months more, and i will have another assignment.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Tue May 17, 2011 10:39 am

Another Brick wrote:of late, i am not adding the kind of value i can add to my org.
I can add value for the first few months, then I start to get bored. That is why I like short term gigs.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Tue May 17, 2011 12:45 pm

nutmeg wrote:And rest my back. This office has no place where I can take a quick break. Some of the other org's I worked for had this facility and I sorely miss it. What are some of the office perks you enjoy/have enjoyed

Free lunch. Anything in the cafeteria is free. But I don't think I enjoy it though, it just saves some time.

And I got hooked big time on desserts because of free lunches. Now, if I have a good meal, I HAVE to have dessert. If I have a salad or just nibble something I'm fine, but if I have a decent meal, I'll go nuts if I don't have some cake or a cookie or ice cream or candy.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed May 18, 2011 12:43 pm

Another Brick wrote:if perky crowd is counted, then i have something to talk about. plenty of it here.

I heard that some companies offer conjugal breaks. I thought only low security prisons had that sort of thing.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed May 18, 2011 12:45 pm

indophile wrote:
Another Brick wrote:if perky crowd is counted, then i have something to talk about. plenty of it here.

I heard that some companies offer conjugal breaks. I thought only low security prisons had that sort of thing.

err? and what might some of those companies be? just curious...

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 1:14 pm

indophile wrote:I heard that some companies offer conjugal breaks. I thought only low security prisons had that sort of thing.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed May 18, 2011 1:16 pm

indophile wrote:

Is bittusingh now a CEO?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 1:39 pm

that's all you need? take a nap... I just want to be able to stay at home, and do whatever I want, provided all my minimal activities and comforts are taken care of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 18, 2011 1:40 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:that's all you need? take a nap... I just want to be able to stay at home, and do whatever I want, provided all my minimal activities and comforts are taken care of.

Ivana: My name is Ivana, Ivana Humpalot.
Austin: Come again?
Ivana: Ivana Humpalot.
Austin: Well I vana toilet made out of solid gold, but it's just not in the cards now is it?

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 19, 2011 10:55 am

indophile wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13454160
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum