Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tamil supremacists or Lunatics

+5
Kayalvizhi
MulaiAzhagi
MaxEntropy_Man
Ponniyin Selvan
FlowerPower
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tamil supremacists or Lunatics  Empty Tamil supremacists or Lunatics

Post by FlowerPower Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:16 am

For those who came in late, Tamil is one of the classical and earliest languages known to mankind and in many ways along with Hebrew can be considered to be the font from which most world languages have originated.

The language itself has in it shown immense capacity to absorb external influences and assimilate them to grow and evolve into a finer language.

But we now have starting from the mid 20th Century till now a bunch of losers who don't the first thing about Tamil claiming it to be a exclusive perserve of the Dravidians and deriding anything that is Sanskritic aka Hindi (in true Dravidian style kindi-coz most draividians cannot pronounce "Ha or Hi") influence.

Such persons or personages have carried on a political movement criticising the national language and claiming it damages Tamil. Ada paavi pasangala Hindi nala Tamil kettu pogadu ana Hindi teriyale na neenga nichiyama munnku varamatenga....

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Tamil supremacists or Lunatics  Empty Re: Tamil supremacists or Lunatics

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:23 am

FlowerPower wrote:For those who came in late, Tamil is one of the classical and earliest languages known to mankind and in many ways along with Hebrew can be considered to be the font from which most world languages have originated.

The language itself has in it shown immense capacity to absorb external influences and assimilate them to grow and evolve into a finer language.

But we now have starting from the mid 20th Century till now a bunch of losers who don't the first thing about Tamil claiming it to be a exclusive perserve of the Dravidians and deriding anything that is Sanskritic aka Hindi (in true Dravidian style kindi-coz most draividians cannot pronounce "Ha or Hi") influence.

Such persons or personages have carried on a political movement criticising the national language and claiming it damages Tamil. Ada paavi pasangala Hindi nala Tamil kettu pogadu ana Hindi teriyale na neenga nichiyama munnku varamatenga....

ayyo! guruvayoorappan than unnai kapaathaNum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:31 am

இந்தி நமது தேசிய மொழி ஆகும், na?

Back to top Go down

Post by FlowerPower Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:27 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:இந்தி நமது தேசிய மொழி ஆகும், na?

It means what it means, Hindi is our national language whether one likes it or not....

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:07 am

FlowerPower wrote:

It means what it means, Hindi is our national language whether one likes it or not....

Are you joking?. There is no national language according to the constitution of India. If you are interested in learning things, I can give you pointers to court judgements, debates in the Parliament etc..
Hindi is NOT our national language.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:19 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
FlowerPower wrote:

Are you joking?. There is no national language according to the constitution of India. If you are interested in learning things, I can give you pointers to court judgements, debates in the Parliament etc..

hindi is not the national language as per the indian constitution. this is true. on the other hand, hindi is the national language in the sense that it is spoken by the largest number of people all across India. It is not largely confined to a single state like the Indian regional languages (Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, etc.).

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:25 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
FlowerPower wrote:

it (i.e. flowerpower) is not interested in learning anything from you. its only goal is to rile you up.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:28 am

Rashmun wrote:hindi is not the national language as per the indian constitution. this is true. on the other hand, hindi is the national language in the sense that it is spoken by the largest number of people all across India. It is not largely confined to a single state like the Indian regional languages (Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, etc.).

well said. who really cares if the constitution endorses it as a national language? the fact is that it is widely spoken. constitutional endorsement is just a rubber stamp like a college degree. you do not need a degree if you are not seeking a job or planning on pursuing higher studies.

हिंदी हमारी राष्ट्रीय भाषा है

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:54 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
FlowerPower wrote:

it (i.e. flowerpower) is not interested in learning anything from you. its only goal is to rile you up.

Ok, din't know that. Thanks. I think I've crossed the stage of getting riled up by ignorant idiots. Now just trying to educate folks . Facebook is quite effective on that front.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by FlowerPower Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:06 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
FlowerPower wrote:

Ok, din't know that. Thanks. I think I've crossed the stage of getting riled up by ignorant idiots. Now just trying to educate folks . Facebook is quite effective on that front.

Well isn't this lovely of this forum and its regulars....

One posts a generic post and gets called names and then someone presumes that its being done with a motive and the other proclaims its because the poster does not want to learn....

Your blithering bozos if I did want to rile you guys then I can succeed by merely typing few gibberish words in Hindi which you won't understand and start abusing me and one another.

Second when you adopt a handle Mr. Selvan live up to it. The other name for Selvan was also Thyaga Chigaram be like him and not like the parasite you want to be....

Finally to the rest of you please don't say you were not warned one more abuse and you shall get it back by the cartload....

Now to the topic on hand....

I once again reiterate you ignoramuses Tamil does not need you guys , its been there before you and forefathers and will remain after you and your ilk. Its a fountain of knowledge and literature and intelligence. You and yours don't even know to pronounce the words Tamil and call it Ta-mill and Tamizh , anda ழ் varatukku kodupannai vennum appa appdi chumma varathu....

To know what and how Tamil has influenced get a book and read up...

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:12 am

flowerpower: nobody has abused you. i simply addressed you in the aghriNai. since you know thamizh you know what that means.

on another matter, i am glad pushpagiri is finally here. welcome.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:18 am

Ok, the fact is that

"Hindi is NOT India's national language."

I think it is safe to say that one who claims so (even if provided with evidence to the contrary) is an ignorant idiot. Anything that is factual should not be termed as abuse.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by FlowerPower Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:19 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:flowerpower: nobody has abused you. i simply addressed you in the aghriNai. since you know thamizh you know what that means.

I never said you did...but ignorant idiot is not a praise you would agree ??

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:21 am

Ok, this is for education purposes.

For the start, this news article talks about the observation from the Gujarat High court in 2010.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2010-01-25/india/28148512_1_national-language-official-language-hindi

"There's no national language in India: Gujarat High Court"

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:21 am

===> VP. Welcome back.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by FlowerPower Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:21 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:Ok, the fact is that

I think it is safe to say that one who claims so (even if provided with evidence to the contrary) is an ignorant idiot. Anything that is factual should not be termed as abuse.

That is your opinion isn't it ? whereas in schools run by the government of India I have been taught Hindi Hamari Rashtra Bhasha hai aur hum uski raksha karenge....

Just because you don't want to know about it cannot alter the facts...

Who is the ignorant idiot now?

By the way they say the true sign of lunacy is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results isn't this an example of the same....facts wont change just because you keep hollerring from roof tops about Hindi not being our national language....

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:26 am

FlowerPower wrote:

That is your opinion isn't it ? whereas in schools run by the government of India I have been taught Hindi Hamari Rashtra Bhasha hai aur hum uski raksha karenge....

By the way they say the true sign of lunacy is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results isn't this an example of the same....facts wont change just because you keep hollerring from roof tops about Hindi not being our national language....

Good, I think we are getting somewhere. I've given a newspaper link for the start. You can do your own research and find out the TRUTH. If not, I can provide you with links to parliamentary debates and the constitution.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:40 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
FlowerPower wrote:

Good, I think we are getting somewhere. I've given a newspaper link for the start. You can do your own research and find out the TRUTH. If not, I can provide you with links to parliamentary debates and the constitution.

It is fascinating that how any Government can brainwash kids through education. A lot of things are learnt at school and are internalized as facts. It is tough to unlearn such things later.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:47 am

>> hindi is the national language in the sense that it is spoken by the largest number of people

Yes. India's national bird is crow.

Rashmun, stop eating your national bird

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:13 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:>> hindi is the national language in the sense that it is spoken by the largest number of people

===> ROFL

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:14 am

FlowerPower wrote:One posts a generic post and gets called names and then someone presumes that its being done with a motive and the other proclaims its because the poster does not want to learn....
Tamil supremacists or Lunatics  3077217049 eerily sounds like didi raj and bhanish cartoon to me.

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:on another matter, i am glad pushpagiri is finally here. welcome.
huh? when? where? how? who? or is this yet another example of didi raj?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:18 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:>> hindi is the national language in the sense that it is spoken by the largest number of people

hahahaha.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:23 am

You and yours don't even know to pronounce the words Tamil and call it Ta-mill and Tamizh , anda ழ் varatukku kodupannai vennum appa appdi chumma varathu....

===> What VP says is correct.

A lot of the Tamil fanatics of the DMK type have a hard time pronouncing the sound "zha".

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:29 am

FlowerPower wrote:For those who came in late, Tamil is one of the classical and earliest languages known to mankind and in many ways along with Hebrew can be considered to be the font from which most world languages have originated.

>>>The trajectory since the mid 20th century is quite the opposite of what you are making it out to be. Had TN not stood up to this national language nonsense, English almost certainly would have been sidelined. I will let you ponder over the implications of that. BTW, I am not making the point that the people who engaged in the anti-hindi agitation had this in mind, but this certainly has been a serendipitous benefit.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:47 am

MulaiAzhagi wrote:You and yours don't even know to pronounce the words Tamil and call it Ta-mill and Tamizh , anda ழ் varatukku kodupannai vennum appa appdi chumma varathu....

===> What VP says is correct.

Tamil supremacists or Lunatics  3077217049 Tamil supremacists or Lunatics  3077217049 Tamil supremacists or Lunatics  3077217049

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:50 am

FlowerPower wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
FlowerPower wrote:

Well isn't this lovely of this forum and its regulars....

One posts a generic post and gets called names and then someone presumes that its being done with a motive and the other proclaims its because the poster does not want to learn....

Your blithering bozos if I did want to rile you guys then I can succeed by merely typing few gibberish words in Hindi which you won't understand and start abusing me and one another.

Second when you adopt a handle Mr. Selvan live up to it. The other name for Selvan was also Thyaga Chigaram be like him and not like the parasite you want to be....

Finally to the rest of you please don't say you were not warned one more abuse and you shall get it back by the cartload....

Now to the topic on hand....

I once again reiterate you ignoramuses Tamil does not need you guys , its been there before you and forefathers and will remain after you and your ilk. Its a fountain of knowledge and literature and intelligence. You and yours don't even know to pronounce the words Tamil and call it Ta-mill and Tamizh , anda ழ் varatukku kodupannai vennum appa appdi chumma varathu....

kalakkare, FP. You go, Flower! appidi poDu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:58 am

Kris wrote:Had TN not stood up to this national language nonsense, English almost certainly would have been sidelined
you really think so? has the trajectory of english been any different in pakistan after independence?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:

It is fascinating that how any Government can brainwash kids through education. A lot of things are learnt at school and are internalized as facts. It is tough to unlearn such things later.

this reminds of how shocked i was when i first saw a map of india in an american made atlas of the world.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:It is fascinating that how any Government can brainwash kids through education.
Tamil supremacists or Lunatics  3077217049 it is fascinating how you hope to brainwash them back into right order.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Kris wrote:Had TN not stood up to this national language nonsense, English almost certainly would have been sidelined
you really think so? has the trajectory of english been any different in pakistan after independence?

>>> I am not that knowledgeable about things unfolded in Pakistan, but one thing that springs to mind right away is the military involvement in the governance. Now, these guys had to look "modern" to their paymasters (i.e. america/the west) which would have preempted a sidelining of english. India did not have those types of compulsions vis -a-vis the west and add to that the likes of morarji desai who were pushing hindi, not exactly a forward-looking bunch, english *would* have suffered.

BTW, re: pakistan, as is clear from history, english has not done much for it considering the gravitation toward fundamentalism.Of course, my argument is not that english alone is sufficient to get there, but it is a huge + as you try to climb out of 3rd world status.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:37 pm

blabberwock wrote:

ayyo! guruvayoorappan than unnai kapaathaNum.

Agree...he is a naarth indian God (hijacked by the Keral ppl) and might certainly save him.

I am invoking Maariyaatha to throw a kOduvaal and an Arivaal to cut his Aria but kOdia VaaL.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:08 am

so any tamilian who supports hindi is ipso facto,

(i) an idiot;
(ii) a troll;
(iii) not interested in learning;
(iv) VP (vaidyanathan pushpagiri).

Tamil supremacists or Lunatics  3077217049 this is truly the height of such.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:50 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:flowerpower: nobody has abused you. i simply addressed you in the aghriNai. since you know thamizh you know what that means.

I don't think it is Pushpagiri. I suspect it is Chameli. She/he/it is a north indian who lived in TN for sometime, so knows tamil. She (I'll call her 'she' for now) has the habit of leaving a space before a punctuation mark. She did that for some sentences. Also, sometimes she doesn't put periods where needed. Same writing style. The tone is pretty condescending and hostile like that of Chams. She's back in this handle.

PS: go ahead with your vitriol, chams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:00 am

kinnera wrote:

I don't think it is Pushpagiri. I suspect it is Chameli. She/he/it is a north indian who lived in TN for sometime, so knows tamil. She (I'll call her 'she' for now) has the habit of leaving a space before a punctuation mark. She did that for some sentences. Also, sometimes she doesn't put periods where needed. Same writing style. The tone is pretty condescending and hostile like that of Chams. She's back in this handle.

Tamil supremacists or Lunatics  3077217049 Tamil supremacists or Lunatics  3077217049

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:02 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
kinnera wrote:

Tamil supremacists or Lunatics  3077217049 Tamil supremacists or Lunatics  3077217049

Chup Huze. This IS chameli.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:06 am

ok, you carry on, i won't interfere... Tamil supremacists or Lunatics  3077217049

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:11 am

kinnera wrote:

personally, i think its VP. Mulaiazhagi had asked VP to join this forum. the writing style is reminiscent of the writing style of VP in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:20 am

Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:

personally, i think its VP. Mulaiazhagi had asked VP to join this forum. the writing style is reminiscent of the writing style of VP in my opinion.

I think the writing style, the vocab she tries to use, the tone and the temparment is that of Chameli's. btw, the tamilians who interacted with her in chat were surprised by her knowledge of tamil and the other stuff she knew abt tamil. She of course said that she lived in TN.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:25 am

kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:

I think the writing style, the vocab she tries to use, the tone and the temparment is that of Chameli's. btw, the tamilians who interacted with her in chat were surprised by her knowledge of tamil and the other stuff she knew abt tamil. She of course said that she lived in TN.

based on my interaction with both chameli and VP (together with a familiarity with their writing styles), my own assessment is that FlowerPower is VP (and definitely not chameli). Time will tell who is right--you or I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:27 am

Rashmun wrote:

based on my interaction with both chameli and VP (together with a familiarity with their writing styles), my own assessment is that FlowerPower is VP (and definitely not chameli). Time will tell who is right--you or I.

Sure, the cat will be out sooner or later. Until then, you hold on to your opinion and I to mine.

Back to top Go down

Post by FlowerPower Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:27 am

kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:

Neither am I Chameli or Pushpa or anyother variety of flora.

I don't know nor have I interacted with anyone of you ever before this .

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by FlowerPower Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:32 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:so any tamilian who supports hindi is ipso facto,

(i) an idiot;
(ii) a troll;
(iii) not interested in learning;
(iv) VP (vaidyanathan pushpagiri).

Tamil supremacists or Lunatics  3077217049 this is truly the height of such.

Huzefaben tame chhodi do, aa loko kai pan samajhta nathi.

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:41 am

We need a survey about the leaders of the DMK party.

How many of their children have been tutored in Hindi?

I bet plenty of them.

Kanimozhi has passed the vishaarad level of the exams conducted by the Dakshin Bharathiya Hindi prachar sabha. This is almost the level of a Hindi pundit.

She also knows Sanskrit very well.

There is a lot of hypocrisy.

What about the poor in TN who want to learn Hindi but cannot afford to hire private tutors?

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:05 am

FlowerPower wrote:

You did put some thought when you chose your new handle, 'FlowerPower'. Didn't you, Ms. 'Chameli'?

FlowerPower wrote:

Yeah, right! We believe ya.

PS: I made my point. I'm out of this thread.

Last edited by kinnera on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:06 am

FlowerPower wrote:
Neither am I Chameli or Pushpa or any other variety of flora.
Tamil supremacists or Lunatics  3077217049

FlowerPower wrote:
right!

p.s. i am male. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by FlowerPower Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:22 am

kinnera wrote:
FlowerPower wrote:

You did put some thought when you chose your new handle, 'FlowerPower'. Didn't you, Ms. 'Chameli'?

FlowerPower wrote:

Yeah, right! We believe ya.

PS: I made my point. I'm out of this thread.

You know the Gestapo also had the same attitude...

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by FlowerPower Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:23 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
FlowerPower wrote:
Neither am I Chameli or Pushpa or any other variety of flora.
Tamil supremacists or Lunatics  3077217049

FlowerPower wrote:
right!

p.s. i am male. Razz

Pan tame Gujrati chho ne?

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:23 am

MulaiAzhagi wrote:We need a survey about the leaders of the DMK party.

How many of their children have been tutored in Hindi?

I bet plenty of them.

Kanimozhi has passed the vishaarad level of the exams conducted by the Dakshin Bharathiya Hindi prachar sabha. This is almost the level of a Hindi pundit.

She also knows Sanskrit very well.

There is a lot of hypocrisy.

What about the poor in TN who want to learn Hindi but cannot afford to hire private tutors?

>>>> That's because some people are more equal than others. The populace has no problems with this scenario either evidently.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:29 am

FlowerPower wrote:Pan tame Gujrati chho ne?

lol, no. though my moniker is that of a gujarati. i am from kolkata and speak english, hindi & bengali in an order of preference. i understood your gujarati though. i think you meant these people do not understand anything. correct me if i am wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by FlowerPower Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:04 pm

[quote="Huzefa Kapasi"]
FlowerPower wrote:Pan tame Gujrati chho ne?

lol, no. though my moniker is that of a gujarati. i am from kolkata and speak english, hindi & bengali in an order of preference. i understood your gujarati though. i think you meant these people do not understand anything. correct me if i am wrong.[/quote

]
yes you got that right

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next