Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romney paid no taxes at all for 10 years?

3 posters

Go down

Romney paid no taxes at all for 10 years? Empty Romney paid no taxes at all for 10 years?

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:33 pm

Harry Reid claims that a Bain investor called him and told him that Romney did not taxes for 10 years. I don't know how reliable Reid's source is, and whether that source really has any information on Romney's personal taxes. It may well be that the source was just making things up based on perceptions -- I can't imagine Romney being foolish enough to discuss his tax-evading prowess with an investor, given his future political ambitions. It is also possible that Reid is making stuff up, although he is not known to be a Michele Bachmann-style maker-up of things.

The only surefire way for Romney to put this whole thing to bed is to release a few more years of returns and say, "that's that." Unless there is some grain of truth in the allegations against him, I am not sure why he is taking so much heat without releasing the returns.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/31/harry-reid-romney-taxes_n_1724027.html
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Romney paid no taxes at all for 10 years? Empty Re: Romney paid no taxes at all for 10 years?

Post by truthbetold Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:11 pm

Mitt may have hired ge corp fin advisors. So he may not have paid any taxes but he may be following the law. As you pointed this is speculation.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Romney paid no taxes at all for 10 years? Empty Re: Romney paid no taxes at all for 10 years?

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:48 am

hahaha. nice.
pot stirrer, pot stirrer
stir me a pot
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down