Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

knee injury gives india its first badminton medal

4 posters

Go down

knee injury gives india its first badminton medal Empty knee injury gives india its first badminton medal

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:42 pm

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/article3727402.ece?homepage=true
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

knee injury gives india its first badminton medal Empty Re: knee injury gives india its first badminton medal

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:44 pm

phelps has one more team event left, but he can't catch india now that india has a bronze in women's badminton.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

knee injury gives india its first badminton medal Empty Re: knee injury gives india its first badminton medal

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:47 pm

have you noticed that when it has nothing to do with shooting or archery, when it's something that demands a level of physical exertion, it's been women who have won medals? anju george's bronze in the long jump at the world championship, karnam malleshwari's weight lifting medal, and now this.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:56 pm

didn't we get a silver in diving (for men) once? or was it swimming?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:didn't we get a silver in diving (for men) once? or was it swimming?

checked wiki... might not have been olympics. maybe asiads. didn't think asiads would make such big news in the country. I remember watching the guy's interview, but don't remember the name. I think he was from haryana/delhi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:17 pm

*Leander Paes won a bronze at Atlanta Olympics (if I remember correctly).

And the only Olympics I have been to was the Atlanta Olympics- but, we went to watch Basketball US vs. Lithuania (it wasn't the dream team with MJ- but other greats)..that story of going to see MJ play at another time.

I am happy for Saina and Yes, India clap !

*But moments like this..it must be interesting how a believer and non-believer looks and deals with life situations..when an opponent just can't make it.

If I were Saina..I would feel a little sorry for the opponent, look up and say a prayer- big thank you (of course- before, during and after the win!). And if I were the poor lady who was hurt, still say a prayer with big shaking of head with some crying, self-pity "why now? why me? that was not good at all..with a ok then..it's your way"..*sigh*

I am assuming some non-believers would simply say.."I played well, "she had a knee injury", "I won"..all part of coincidence after coincidence..etc:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:33 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:have you noticed that when it has nothing to do with shooting or archery, when it's something that demands a level of physical exertion, it's been women who have won medals? anju george's bronze in the long jump at the world championship, karnam malleshwari's weight lifting medal, and now this.

Not quite. The men won medals in wrestling and boxing at Beijing and the boxers stand a good chance this time as well. And if you go harking back to Karnam Malleswari's time, then you can't ignore Leander Paes' medal before that.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:54 am

you're right but it feels silly to be arguing over such a meager output.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:28 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:have you noticed that when it has nothing to do with shooting or archery, when it's something that demands a level of physical exertion, it's been women who have won medals? anju george's bronze in the long jump at the world championship, karnam malleshwari's weight lifting medal, and now this.

Not quite. The men won medals in wrestling and boxing at Beijing and the boxers stand a good chance this time as well. And if you go harking back to Karnam Malleswari's time, then you can't ignore Leander Paes' medal before that.
alright then, india won an average of 0.95 medals per olympics rather than 0.91, over the 22 olympics before the current one.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:11 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

alright then, india won an average of 0.95 medals per olympics rather than 0.91, over the 22 olympics before the current one.
Sounds like this knowledge gives you a nice glow of quiet satisfaction. Good for you unkil.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down