Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

more clues to mittard willard's tax returns

+2
truthbetold
MaxEntropy_Man
6 posters

Go down

more clues to mittard willard's tax returns Empty more clues to mittard willard's tax returns

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:17 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/11/business/in-the-superrich-clues-to-romneys-tax-returns-common-sense.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=global-home
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

more clues to mittard willard's tax returns Empty Re: more clues to mittard willard's tax returns

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:26 pm

more clues to mittard willard's tax returns 0811-biz-STEWART2web
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

more clues to mittard willard's tax returns Empty Re: more clues to mittard willard's tax returns

Post by truthbetold Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:07 pm

More conjucture and lot of probable hot air. I smell a fishing expedition.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:19 pm

truthbetold wrote:More conjucture and lot of probable hot air. I smell a fishing expedition.

the data released by the IRS is not conjecture. the analysis presented does not refer to any specific filer's returns but lays out possibilities about how the top 400 could have paid as little tax as the IRS claims they did. it says quite clearly that the author does not believe that romney did anything illegal. i don't believe he did anything illegal either.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:44 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote:More conjucture and lot of probable hot air. I smell a fishing expedition.

the data released by the IRS is not conjecture. the analysis presented does not refer to any specific filer's returns but lays out possibilities about how the top 400 could have paid as little tax as the IRS claims they did. it says quite clearly that the author does not believe that romney did anything illegal. i don't believe he did anything illegal either.

The system is rigged inside out. The tax laws are set by the rich and powerful Congress to help rich businesses/Bankers and powerful mega industries with infinite loopholes, so that the looters can do what they want legally.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:15 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Max
that is also my point. What is the purpose of the author to write an article about 400 rich people andhow they avoided taxes and put romney prominently in the article. What was need to place romney's name so prominently and then go on to say there is no evidence to say he did it. Even the prof said he could not have not paid any taxes.
This is just another planted news or coordinated slander to imply without providing proof.
What we know of romney says he is capable of screwing us treasury using loopholes. My point is go find some proof and then get him politically if not legally. Without proof this is just organized

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:21 am

truthbetold wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Max
that is also my point. What is the purpose of the author to write an article about 400 rich people andhow they avoided taxes and put romney prominently in the article. What was need to place romney's name so prominently and then go on to say there is no evidence to say he did it. Even the prof said he could not have not paid any taxes.
This is just another planted news or coordinated slander to imply without providing proof.
What we know of romney says he is capable of screwing us treasury using loopholes. My point is go find some proof and then get him politically if not legally. Without proof this is just organized

two points.

(1) i don't think this author is a shill for the democratic party. the article is of relevance because it sheds light on how the super rich run their finances and it shows us that the tax code is regressive at the very top of the economic ladder.

(2) though this has nothing to do with this article, in politics as with war, any strategy that is not illegal is valid, and the dems are not the only ones who are going to be engaging in slander. if it helps the cause and tamps down romney's numbers it SHOULD be used. to not do so is idiotic. the dems are just learning from the karl rovian swiftboat playbook.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:25 am

My earlier post walked on me midway through the post.
This article is part of obama campaign. They believe romney's money and possible tax arrogance will hurt romney. So left plants stories all over to keep stirring the pot.
romney on his part is delaying release of return hoping some financial catastrophy to takeover and dominate news cycle and carry him white house.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:30 am

truthbetold wrote:
This article is part of obama campaign.

i don't think so, but i am curious, do you also think the IRS deciding to release this data is part of the obama campaign?

truthbetold wrote:They believe romney's money and possible tax arrogance will hurt romney. So left plants stories all over to keep stirring the pot.

swiftboat baby.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 am

I am not saying obama should avoid swiftnoat. I was expecting independent intellectuals supporting obama to be more discerning.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:22 am

truthbetold wrote:I am not saying obama should avoid swiftnoat. I was expecting independent intellectuals supporting obama to be more discerning.

i don't know what you mean. are you saying that i got the wool pulled over my eyes by this article? if that's your opinion, that's ok. but the fact is the author was analyzing data released by the IRS. we are all entitled to our own opinions, but not our own facts. it may be helpful to further the discussion if you'd tell us which part of the analysis you disagree with.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:36 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

then why is this an issue in this presidency for people like you? Really, focus. a few months from now, we will have a new president and there will be no change in unemployment numbers or deficit numbers. Now that is a thought that should scare you, me and the other guy.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

then why is this an issue in this presidency for people like you? Really, focus. a few months from now, we will have a new president and there will be no change in unemployment numbers or deficit numbers. Now that is a thought that should scare you, me and the other guy.

because i am interested in the tax policy that he's likely to promote as president. and going by what we know about romney, it is one that's fundamentally unfair.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:13 pm

Impedimenta wrote:then why is this an issue in this presidency for people like you?
One word: character.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:35 pm

truthbetold wrote:I am not saying obama should avoid swiftnoat. I was expecting independent intellectuals supporting obama to be more discerning.

the said intellectuals exposé their partisan colors during election year. Rest of time they'll publish mild criticism of obummer to sound independent. Rest of us dullards aren't going to catch on.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:04 pm

i don't like weasels or crazy nut bags of any hue, but i've never painted myself here or anywhere else, anything other than left of center in my political leanings.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down