Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ayn Rand joins the ticket

4 posters

Go down

Ayn Rand joins the ticket Empty Ayn Rand joins the ticket

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:19 am

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2012/08/paul-ryan-and-ayn-rand.html

====> Find out the person Ayn RAnd worshipped in her early years?

http://atheism.about.com/b/2011/05/11/ayn-rand-sociopath-who-admired-a-serial-killer.htm

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2012/08/mark-ames-paul-ryans-guru-ayn-rand-worshipped-a-serial-killer-who-kidnapped-and-dismembered-little-girls.html

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Ayn Rand joins the ticket Empty Re: Ayn Rand joins the ticket

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:22 am

i don't know if paul ryan knows that ms.rand used medicare at the end of her life because she had cancer. hypocrite.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:49 am

Not just medicare, but social security too... https://such.forumotion.com/t3988-ayn-rand-was-a-hypocrite
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:32 pm

As I said in my very first post about Paul Ryan..for me Ayn Rand and her philosophy was never appealing. I don't know..I think of women as more nurturing and when they seem self-absorbed, it makes it seem worse than men.

*More impressions about Ryan (if anyone is interested in my free speech analysis!)

When it comes to substance- his plan and philosophy..esp. when it comes to SS and Medicare, don't care much for them- the idea of privatizing them is scary!

When it comes to style- ext. appearance (which certainly matters in this media age)..he is obviously a very handsome man..but, as in all attractive people..it's the total package, esp. voice/public speaking ability for a leader.. and the more I listen to him..the more unattractive he his (little immature- quarterbackish).

May be he is still absorbing all this, naturally a little overwhelmed and not so confident..but, comparing him with others in recent times..Bill Clinton did not have a strong voice, but he has a certain firmness in his voice (like Joe Biden)..Bush 2- was comfortable in who he was, I always thought being clownish "worked for him"..underneath there was a certain sincerity/personal warmth about him as a person (although one could disagree with him on everything!) And Pres. Obama..who is blessed with a grand baritone voice and natural ability to deliver a speech..*inspite of his stuttering. If he had a pitch which was anything higher than it is..think his speech will be very different to listen to.

The way he handles heckling is not charming, a cold streak comes through:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/13/paul-ryan-heckled-iowa-video_n_1773747.html

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Maria S wrote:
When it comes to substance- his plan and philosophy..esp. when it comes to SS and Medicare, don't care much for them- the idea of privatizing them is scary!

ryan's budget proposals are nothing less than the remaking of american govt as we know it. he wants to gut SS and medicare. medicare will become a voucher program with no built in cost escalation. as for medicaid, the states will be given a lump sum and they can do as they please with it. basically if you have medical needs that go beyond the voucher he hands out to you, you're on your own. he wants to keep SS for seniors as is, but for people like me in their 40s or younger, tough shit. student loan programs will be gutted. investments in university R&D will be dialed down to zero and defense programs will be funded at current levels. capital gains tax rates will be reduced to zero. and that's just the start.

oops,almost forgot: ryan is seriously good looking. good eye candy. good looking family too.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Maria S wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/13/paul-ryan-heckled-iowa-video_n_1773747.html

just get every protester and heckler arrested and taken away. problem solved. i hope he doesn't gut the police force though. he'll need them to take the hecklers away.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:24 pm

that moment where he is pointing the cops to the two women he wants taken away is an obama campaign ad.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:32 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:he wants to keep SS for seniors as is
That only because Dubya's attempt to gut that program by spending the political capital he earned in November 2004 utterly failed with the American people. Ryan was a prominent supporter of Dubyaman's attempts to destroy Social Security back then. If he could do things his way, Ryan would kill just social security as gleefully as he would medicare.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:22 pm

panini press wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:he wants to keep SS for seniors as is
That only because Dubya's attempt to gut that program by spending the political capital he earned in November 2004 utterly failed with the American people. Ryan was a prominent supporter of Dubyaman's attempts to destroy Social Security back then. If he could do things his way, Ryan would kill just social security as gleefully as he would medicare.

Of all people, it seems that Newt Gingrich aptly called Ryan's plan "radical right wing social engineering" in 2011 and he was against it, just as he was against Pres. Obama's Health Care Reform and called it it's counterpart. Pres. Obama seems to call it "Social Darwinism"..

*I was just reading the columnist Margaret Carlson's take and she calls Paul Ryan..the new Dick Cheney (obviously + the candy and charm part).

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-13/paul-ryan-is-the-new-dick-cheney.html
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:30 pm

Maria S wrote:Of all people, it seems that Newt Gingrich aptly called Ryan's plan "radical right wing social engineering" in 2011 and he was against it
Yes, it was one of Newt's better moments -- and he was spot on. He jumped on Ryan and his plan hoping that there still were some sane voices in the GOP who would support him for his stance. He found to his chagrin that the party was hijacked by the far right, so later in his campaign when after SC he looked like he had a real shot, he had to walk back that characterization.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:35 pm

panini press wrote:
Maria S wrote:Of all people, it seems that Newt Gingrich aptly called Ryan's plan "radical right wing social engineering" in 2011 and he was against it
Yes, it was one of Newt's better moments -- and he was spot on. He jumped on Ryan and his plan hoping that there still were some sane voices in the GOP who would support him for his stance. He found to his chagrin that the party was hijacked by the far right, so later in his campaign when after SC he looked like he had a real shot, he had to walk back that characterization.

there are no moderates left in the GoP who still hold elected office nationally. mccain and scott brown may be the last holdouts. one of the two maine ladies in the senate retired this term and the other will probably go soon too. everyone else is gone. people like speaker boehner (another one that looks moderate from where we are today), look like a dinosaur in the era of ryan and cantor. i used to think romney was a moderate, but have learned over the course of this campaign that he actually has no core whatsoever. he'll just line up with whoever can deliver the base. we're fucked.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:43 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:mccain and scott brown may be the last holdouts.
McCain is no longer a moderate. He moved to the right to fend off a Tea Party challenger (a conservative talk radio host to boot) in the Arizona primaries in 2010. That leaves Brown, who I hope loses to Warren.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:48 pm

I am sure Newt will pretend to support the Romney-Ryan ticket now (while gritting his teeth!) he must be fuming inside..knowing what Romney and the Super PACs did to him..

Speaking of fuming..

I can't believe the voting record of Paul- when it comes to Women..this is not scary this is terrifying!

Just to name a few..

*He voted against the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act for women.

*Is against Reproductive Rights of women and abortion should be illegal in all cases, including rape, incest and to save the life of the mother. Co-sponsored federal personhood legislation called the "Sanctity of Human Life Act."

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/the_rumble/2012/08/paul-ryan-just-plain-bad-for-women

My! He is a bad wolf in good looking dog's clothing Very Happy ..
The Prom King's attractive puppy eyes..don't look so cute anymore..even the already big nose- looks bigger now:)!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Maria S wrote:He voted against the Lily Ledbetter Fairness in Pay Act for women.
I expected Ryan's anti-abortion stance -- although I disagree with it -- given his far right views on other matters. But voting against a law that is designed to make it easier for women to fight for equal pay -- that takes it to quite another level.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:54 pm

what i find unsettling too is that there are no obvious young stars amongst the dems beyond obama. the GoP has lots and is actively cultivating many more.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:58 pm

Maria S wrote:I am sure Newt will pretend to support the Romney-Ryan ticket now (while gritting his teeth!) he must be fuming inside..knowing what Romney and the Super PACs did to him..

Speaking of fuming..

I can't believe the voting record of Paul- when it comes to Women..this is not scary this is terrifying!

Just to name a few..

*He voted against the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act for women.

*Is against Reproductive Rights of women and abortion should be illegal in all cases, including rape, incest and to save the life of the mother. Co-sponsored federal personhood legislation called the "Sanctity of Human Life Act."

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/the_rumble/2012/08/paul-ryan-just-plain-bad-for-women

My! He is a bad wolf in good looking dog's clothing Very Happy ..
The Prom King's attractive puppy eyes..don't look so cute anymore..even the already big nose- looks bigger now:)!

why is any of this surprising?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:03 pm

panini press wrote:
Maria S wrote:He voted against the Lily Ledbetter Fairness in Pay Act for women.
I expected Ryan's anti-abortion stance -- although I disagree with it -- given his far right views on other matters. But voting against a law that is designed to make it easier for women to fight for equal pay -- that takes it to quite another level.

Yes, it does.

Anti-abortion stance is expected, but even in cases of rape, incest and when the life of the mother is in danger..that is inhumane.

There are plenty of energetic young democrats, just as young republicans..one can find them in grass roots/community meetings, colleges and universities..I know lots of them! They are great to meet and talk to- whether one agrees with them or not in everything!

GN!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down