Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

badriraju krishnamoorty dravidian linguist passed away

4 posters

Go down

badriraju krishnamoorty dravidian linguist passed away Empty badriraju krishnamoorty dravidian linguist passed away

Post by truthbetold Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:49 am

He wrote seminal work called 'the dravidian languages '. He was leading osmania univ language divison( linguistics division i think). He also wrote several essays on tikkana who partially wrote mahabharata in telugu.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

badriraju krishnamoorty dravidian linguist passed away Empty Re: badriraju krishnamoorty dravidian linguist passed away

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:51 am

that makes me sad. i was hoping to get his book autographed some day. good man.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

badriraju krishnamoorty dravidian linguist passed away Empty Re: badriraju krishnamoorty dravidian linguist passed away

Post by Obnoxious Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:05 pm

truthbetold wrote:He wrote seminal work called 'the dravidian languages '. He was leading osmania univ language divison( linguistics division i think). He also wrote several essays on tikkana who partially wrote mahabharata in telugu.

He founded Linguistics division of OU. He was also VC of Central University.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Some of his institutes students were good friends of mine. They speak highly of his contributions. He was an example of few rare individuals who are still able to create scientific institutions in the jaded indian higher education area.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:43 pm

That is a big loss. He has done a lot of great work, and he presents his arguments well.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down